Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*yawns*

Call me when the appeal is done. Anyway, Vic succeeded. They couldn't ruin him. He got their bullshit in the public eye. His lines are longer than ever.

Would I like to see them crushed in court? Sure. Is it likely? Ehhh....dunno. Depends if Vic wants to go through this shit. But then again he'd have to pay so I'd just appeal.

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net

Well the Alab Podcast dude did episode of the lawsuit

View attachment 962710View attachment 962711
Really funny since law twitter didn't predict shit. They predicted it would get tossed for not having merit, not that chupp would wipe his ass with it. Don't remember anybody saying chupp would order mediation either.

teriyakiburns

Your world frightens and confuses me.
kiwifarms.net

salt is flavor and this is flavor country baby.

The ALAB folks should take more time to check out some of the opinions in this thread before they jack off about salt, though. Not mine, obviously. The good opinions, like @AnOminous.

Apterigo

Tre verda multmaniere
kiwifarms.net
I gave it a listen and yeah, I think this is the most neutral stance we're gonna find. Based on this first episode covering it and the tweets that came before it, the general consensus from those guys is "everyone involved in this lawsuit (plaintiff, defense, judge, Nick, and LawTwitter/Spednaught) are all incredibly stupid."

They don't think Nick is stupid especially when it comes to black letter analysis of the law, but that he doesn't have much practical experience (one of the guys mentioned not being able to find cases Nick has worked on, maybe looking at the same spots that Lemoine did, who knows). They also said that they don't know for sure whether or not the GFM/Trust shit was a grift, but that if it was, it was pretty ingenious.

I disagree with some of the stuff they said, but at least it seemed somewhat researched, as if they - you know - bothered to look up some of this shit. It's rather refreshing. They even addressed any Kiwis that were listening, making clear that they weren't affiliated with LawTwitter and joking about how T Greg should get swatted or whatever.
Just gonna quote myself from the weeb wars thread like an asshole because I don't feel like typing it again in this thread.

Admittedly IANAL but I found them pretty entertaining and their criticisms were valid for the most part.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
The Lawtwit crowing reminds me of an observation of Norman Finkelstein, who is not exactly conservative:

Generally, the kinds of judicial opinions that political conservatives like are long on citations and reasoning, while ones that political liberals tend to like are short but high in emotionally-salient content.

It's not a surprise that LawTwitter is thus doing backflips.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't describe most of law twitter as creepy. Smug, supercilious, condescending, full of unwarranted self importance, but not creepy.

There's one guy, though, who screams creepy. I think they're talking specifically about deadbeat dad, swindler, and all around creepy dude Thomas Gregory Doucette, who exudes pure slime and malice.
I dunno. They way lawtwitter latched on to this case might be considered such.

Capsaicin Addict

Spooky skeleton heat!
kiwifarms.net

Welcome to Flavortown, ALAB podcasters. Feel free to pull up a chair and argue with @AnOminous and @Secret Asshole.

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
Really? The farms are the salty ones? I'm salt-deprived, until a lawtwitter lolcow takes the bait and jerk off here trying to mask his saltiness.

Discussions have been pretty civil, arguments have been tossed for each side, decisions have been accepted, but still ridiculed when they were terrible, and we didn't even spare Ty for his bad filing and terrible plans. Just that we spare Chupp even less for his laziness.

2lolis1cup

Made you imagine it
kiwifarms.net
Were you not here for the few days after the TCPA hearing? Place was a salt mine.
The unadulterated autism from some kiwis and lawtwitter alone almost made this website unbearable to read. I half joked a while back that the best case scenario for a semi-neutral to neutral third party like the farms is this one.

• Vic loses TCPA and his supporters go apeshit.
  • KV turns their sperging to a 11 and does victory laps. (we are here)
  • Vic wins Appeals in some form and KV go apeshit. (very possible and best case for us to laugh)
  • ISWV turns their sperging to a 12 and does every victory lap possible.
  • Trial starts and more shenanigans happen.
  • 1-2 more years of weebs REEing at each other legally. (god I hope so)

I truly never thought Vic would lose completely on TCPA. I have however thoroughly enjoyed the REEEing coming from some. So the appeals court better rule in Vic's favor for my schadenfreude. This is also the one drama so far that has never let me down. If there is ever a dull moment starting to happen in the case fresh tism gasoline gets thrown on the trash fire.

LuNaS

kiwifarms.net
The unadulterated autism from some kiwis and lawtwitter alone almost made this website unbearable to read. I half joked a while back that the best case scenario for a semi-neutral to neutral third party like the farms is this one.

• Vic loses TCPA and his supporters go apeshit.
  • KV turns their sperging to a 11 and does victory laps. (we are here)
  • Vic wins Appeals in some form and KV go apeshit. (very possible and best case for us to laugh)
  • ISWV turns their sperging to a 12 and does every victory lap possible.
  • Trial starts and more shenanigans happen.
  • 1-2 more years of weebs REEing at each other legally. (god I hope so)

I truly never thought Vic would lose completely on TCPA. I have however thoroughly enjoyed the REEEing coming from some. So the appeals court better rule in Vic's favor for my schadenfreude. This is also the one drama so far that has never let me down. If there is ever a dull moment starting to happen in the case fresh tism gasoline gets thrown on the trash fire.
Since the hearing many lawkiwis thought that was how it was gonna go, I was optimistic and thought the judge retracting his rulings was one possibility but I was underestimating the lazyness of the judge.

Also complete overruling on all claims during appeals is not the only thing that would make KickVic lose their shit, Vic going for appeals alone is going to make them lose their minds, if Defamation passes appeals for anyone other than Toye they will lose their shit (pretty much all of KV is ready to throw the wife beater wearing wife beater to the wolves).

MCG_Raven

kiwifarms.net
Also complete overruling on all claims during appeals is not the only thing that would make KickVic lose their shit, Vic going for appeals alone is going to make them lose their minds, if Defamation passes appeals for anyone other than Toye they will lose their shit (pretty much all of KV is ready to throw the wife beater wearing wife beater to the wolves).
let's be real. They can't lose their shit at this point since they never regained it.

SiccDicc

See you next fall...
kiwifarms.net
He has his moments, like locking his Facebook because some simpering animu autists were whinging on it, instead of just banning them and deleting their autism. He'd have to do a little more than that, though, imo.
He's even so lazy he can't maintain his Facebook account. Flawless.

Honestly, that's the reason he likely won't get a thread. He's so lazy I doubt he'd do anything at all.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino