Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Someone mentioned to Nick last night, and I'm not sure if we caught it here, but the process server notarized his own sworn statement.
View attachment 1002029
Notaries cannot notarize their own signature, nor can they notarize a transaction for which they receive financial or material benefit (separate from their notary fee). It seems that the Lemonfuhrer may have his own problems with filing fraudulently notarized documents...

EDIT: damn it, they're not the same names. "Marcus J. Collins" vs. "Michael J. Collins." At a first glance they look the same (although I did notice that the signatures were totally different). Looks like it might have been a family job.

The primary named defendant is Funimation, which means the lawsuit is "Mignogna v. Funimation, et. al." I wouldn't read too much into that without some kind of additional confirmation.

Lemonparty specifically noticed opposing counsel that he was providing the binder to the court, but not providing the binder to them because he claimed that they already had everything in it. They did not, however, have any way to know specifically which evidence he wanted the court to look at, or how he had organized it, because they did not have the binder itself. Nor did they have any way to know whether he stuck anything in that was disputed as to admissibility or was otherwise somehow improper, so they had no way of responding to strike it.

I'm a little bit inclined to think, however, that yet another sheaf of documents from the wheezy brown-noser was the last thing the judge wanted to have on his desk, and that's why he rolled his eyes at the idea of yet another binder of evidence (all of which was already on file, supposedly) from the Plaintiff.
Thank you for explaining instead of just neg rating me. I honestly thought they had received it, since not giving it to them is hovering in range of illegal ex parte communication in the middle of a courtroom, which seemed unlikely. Though I suppose in this case nothing should shock me.

• Feels
Reactions: teriyakiburns

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
The issue is, if Lemoine (or anyone else for that matter) was the one who had done the same thing y'all would be clowning like there's no tomorrow. But suddenly because people are frustrated and skeptical it's a bad thing? No, I think it's justified even if various people don't share the same opinions. The inherent problem here is this desire to not hold Ty accountable for things that should have been handled after a collective number of missteps regardless of what led to these missteps happening.
My annoyance with Ty and the way this case is being handled has less to do with the mistakes and more with how smug he is. I stopped following it closely when Nick's streams became Nick and Ty's Mutual Masturbation Power Hour. No idea if they are still like that. It was clear to me that Ty is a slightly autistic nerd who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. He enjoyed the attention he got from the cameo streams he did and the tweets, gifts, etc so he decided to rgularly jerk himself off to thousands of weebs who cream themselves over how smart and cool he is.
Ty made himself out to be a joke with that one key filing with the shit formatting, the infinite typos, and just utter disorganization. The notarization issue is the icing on the cake. He made himself out to be someone like "the Patton of the courtroom" and deserves to be mocked for his failure to live up to that.

But until that point Ty seemed to be a pretty incredible guy since his opening salvos were great and he seemed like a good counterpart to Nick on those livestreams. Nick's entertaining regardless of things I admit, even if his approach is strictly optimistic. Ty honestly seems like a cool guy, his prowess in the courtroom notwithstanding.

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
Ty made himself out to be a joke with that one key filing with the shit formatting, the infinite typos, and just utter disorganization. The notarization issue is the icing on the cake. He made himself out to be someone like "the Patton of the courtroom" and deserves to be mocked for his failure to live up to that.

But until that point Ty seemed to be a pretty incredible guy since his opening salvos were great and he seemed like a good counterpart to Nick on those livestreams. Nick's entertaining regardless of things I admit, even if his approach is strictly optimistic. Ty honestly seems like a cool guy, his prowess in the courtroom notwithstanding.
Yeah, I like Ty as a person. He seems to be a good dude and a good dad. When I'm critiquing Ty I'm obviously criticizing his abilities as a lawyer, not him as a person. That should go without saying.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
The reason people don't want to hear excuses is based on recent past results. It's looking like a cycle: Someone fucks up X, there's an echo chamber about how it's not a big deal and lawyers fuck up X all the time, then the case suffers for it, then the judge or technology or the system gets blamed as if it not something that could have been helped. Rinse, repeat, and remember that 'we've already won'.

A few streams ago Rekieta was ranting about how a good case had been screwed over by the judge throwing things out on technicalities as if the whole judicial system isn't one series of technical rules. That's how it functions. You'd think they'd be crossing Ts and dotting every 'i' well ahead of time now. It's not so much frustrating to me (since I don't have as much of a dog in the fight) as it is baffling.

I understand people are disappointed with the results of the TCPA hearing. People are allowed to have their opinions. Personally I'm waiting til the appeal court ruling because you are making decisions based on a single data point that may have multiple interpretations.

The problem is people are freaking out over a polite "please pay your bill" letter. Normally people would look into whether it is too early to pay that or not. Instead everyone started dogpiling the lawyers over something they have a week to fix.

Edit:

You heard wrong. Vic said this in a recent Unlocked live stream.

I'm not really sure what to do about that cause some people say I should be more assertive, that I should pull off the gloves and stop being so nice, but that's not the person I want to be and I don't know, you know they're out there running rampant, taking any opportunity they can anywhere to get any attention, and I don't know exactly how best to respond.
Vic is playing this right I think. Going "all out" on a woman is going to cause people to cringe, even if they deserve it. Any action taken against a woman looks disproportionate to the offense that caused it.

Look up Scott Adams periscopes on the "Trump Vs Hillary" debates. I think he explains it a lot better.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: NotaLolyer

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The issue I've had in this is less Ty's miscellaneous screw-ups and more the extremely obviously slipshod way the case was handled by Chupp.

You can use any metric you want, from the transcript to the actual breakdowns we've had numerous Kiwis on this very board do, and it was patently obvious he did not give an actual fuck about this case. He clearly thought the whole thing was a waste of his time, and kicked the can down the road without a second thought.

Yes, Ty fucked up at several junctures, and yes, he deserves to be called on it. Let us not forget, however, that this shit happens all the fucking time in the court system. If you get the likes of me, @AnOminous, or several others on this board started, we can expound for fucking pages: Civil cases are a shit-show, and often the actual evidence doesn't matter if the judge doesn't give a damn.

Anyone familiar with even passing familiarity with the civil court system has seen it, and only divorce court is more of a shit-show.

EmuWarsVeteran

I feel the salt overtaking me...it is a good pain.
kiwifarms.net
Weird. It says in that screenshot it's about Funimation's notice for fees, but the notice of hearing set that date for November 21st.
View attachment 1002219

The one today should be for the Slatosch depo and sanctions against Lemwaaah.
View attachment 1002222
So last time was Chupp when he had time to prepare and a clear schefule. Today we're gonna see Chupp when his clerk boomered the fuck out of the schedule and he doesn't even know what's going on before hand.

Thank you god for this gift of pain you have given us. GET THE POPCORN!

PrinceofAllCucks

Only Tyrone could take the Pride of a Saiyan.
kiwifarms.net

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
So last time was Chupp when he had time to prepare and a clear schefule. Today we're gonna see Chupp when his clerk boomered the fuck out of the schedule and he doesn't even know what's going on before hand.

Thank you god for this gift of pain you have given us. GET THE POPCORN!
Chupp may have merged the two, unless Chupp is just gonna completely disregard the slatosch deposition.
In this clown world anything is possible.

Dunno if a judge can just merge hearing like that without any kind of notice.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Anyone familiar with even passing familiarity with the civil court system has seen it, and only divorce court is more of a shit-show.
If you ever see stories about someone shooting the other side's lawyer, shooting their own lawyer, shooting a judge, or even the judge himself shooting someone, or just shooting up a courtroom in general, it's nearly invariably in family court.

Markorian

kiwifarms.net
If you ever see stories about someone shooting the other side's lawyer, shooting their own lawyer, shooting a judge, or even the judge himself shooting someone, or just shooting up a courtroom in general, it's nearly invariably in family court.
Being exposed to divorce court at a young age colored my perception of the legal system rather early.

TexOffender

Whatever happens, happens
kiwifarms.net
Divorce court usually makes me think of this guy.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Certified Thread Derailer™
kiwifarms.net
If we don't hear about a KV complaint orgy starting up on Twitter, it'll be safe to assume that Lemonparty got told to shut up.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino