Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Isam

ἀνάπαυσις
kiwifarms.net
Nick mentioned it's from before the investigation, but the timeline looks like this could have been while the investigation was ongoing but not concluded or made public by Funi on Twitter.
Perhaps complaints had been filed with HR at this point but the investigation hadn't been opened yet.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
So from tonight's episode of Dragon Law Z:
  • ALL the accusers lived with Ron Soye at one point. Just how angry is :) :) :) boy that Vic fucked his fiancee?
  • Ron was trying to blackmail Kamehacon, mentioning the investigation before it even supposedly began. He did this over text.
  • An accidentally shown email on Nick's stream showed the somehow even more gay looking Milo Yiannopoulos knock off Funimation got to voice Frieza blatantly broke contract with KC, who immediately demanded to speak with his legal representation. (So KC isn't as cucked as we thought.)
  • Nick thinks MoRon's lawyer is intentionally trying to force a legal suicide pact with Funimation and Marchi. Basically, they had the chance to clear the air about Ron being a Funimation employee or agent, and didn't do so -- thus, they might be trying to force Funimation to be liable, because Funimation can pay while they can't. (Note: Maybe this is what "Sony will take care of it" mentality was really about.)
  • Marchi might have been accidentally brilliant, as by delaying by hiding from the scary black man that showed up in her 97% white gated community to serve her she got to see MoRon's answer, and if she does have legal counsel (she at least has a contract lawyer / agent) they're probably coming to the same conclusions as Nick did.
  • Funimation has a gentlemen's agreement with Ty to respond at a non-standard time. (Settlement in process?)
Did I miss anything?

Nick mentioned it's from before the investigation, but the timeline looks like this could have been while the investigation was ongoing but not concluded or made public by Funi on Twitter.
There's a timeline in Vic's paperwork to The 3 Stooges + Funimation. When does it say the investigation started? Were they investigating before telling Vic? Or was the "investigation" Ron / Monica / Skinhead Swat Hoaxer / Marchi talking amongst each other, i.e., conspiracy, since Funimation had no HR staff at all and they'd have to have gotten Sony (who isn't in the clique) involved?

Remember, the Skinhead Swat Hoaxer was outed by... MarzGurl? Marchi? As being part of the "investigation." But I haven't seen her name pop up since then. Was she the coworker that Vic kissed?

Because if so....

Eww.

Last edited:

OldAmishRenegade

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't it stated that the investigation began not even a week after the ArmzGurl January 17th tweet? So, with the timeline, it's possible Ron knew about the details before the investigation began, or that he was being fed information as it was being conducted. No matter how you look at this, it spells TI, defamation and Civil conspiracy between Soye and his "close friends."
He was obviously involved every step of the way. I wouldn't be surprised if Monica eventually tosses him under the bus to cover herself.

There's a timeline in Vic's paperwork to The 3 Stooges + Funimation. When does it say the investigation started? Were they investigating before telling Vic? Or was the "investigation" Ron / Monica / Skinhead Swat Hoaxer / Marchi talking amongst each other, i.e., conspiracy, since Funimation had no HR staff at all and they'd have to have gotten Sony (who isn't in the clique) involved?

Remember, the Skinhead Swat Hoaxer was outed by... MarzGurl? Marchi? As being part of the "investigation." But I haven't seen her name pop up since then. Was she the coworker that Vic kissed?

Because if so....

Eww.
Vic was told he was being investigated barely a week after the 17th, so I don't think we have an exact date when it began yet. Either way Soye shouldn't have had any information about it if it was confidential.

The skinhead's lame story was Vic had consensual sex with her friend in their shared hotel room, and he asked her to translate for him and she threw a hissy fit. Doesn't sound like she was actually part of the investigation, MarzGurl was probably full of shit.

Last edited:

BigDuckEnergy

kiwifarms.net
So from tonight's episode of Dragon Law Z:
  • ALL the accusers lived with Ron Soye at one point. Just how angry is :) :) :) boy that Vic fucked his fiancee?
  • Ron was trying to blackmail Kamehacon, mentioning the investigation before it even supposedly began. He did this over text.
  • An accidentally shown email on Nick's stream showed the somehow even more gay looking Milo Yiannopoulos knock off Funimation got to voice Frieza blatantly broke contract with KC, who immediately demanded to speak with his legal representation. (So KC isn't as cucked as we thought.)
  • Nick thinks MoRon's lawyer is intentionally trying to force a legal suicide pact with Funimation and Marchi. Basically, they had the chance to clear the air about Ron being a Funimation employee or agent, and didn't do so -- thus, they might be trying to force Funimation to be liable, because Funimation can pay while they can't. (Note: Maybe this is what "Sony will take care of it" mentality was really about.)
  • Marchi might have been accidentally brilliant, as by delaying by hiding from the scary black man that showed up in her 97% white gated community to serve her she got to see MoRon's answer, and if she does have legal counsel (she at least has a contract lawyer / agent) they're probably coming to the same conclusions as Nick did.
Did I miss anything?

Because if so....

Eww.
If i remember correctly, her story was that she had a friend who she tried to warn about Vic. Despite that, the friend voluntarily went to the women's hotel room to fuck Vic, Vic insisted they do it on the skinhead's bed to piss her off.

Something like that.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
From Nicks stream tonight, dms between Ron and a Kameha Con representative:
View attachment 759463
This is from January 22nd, supposedly before the investigation even started.
From the other thread, the timeline from the complaint:

Looking at the original complaint:

January 16: DBSB releases.
January 17: Armzgurl makes #KickVic.
"Barely a week later" as per paragraph 18, Sony tells Vic they're investigating three claims against him.
January 29: Sony tells Vic he's terminated.
February 11: Funimation confirm their termination of Vic and imply it was because of harassment.
So "Barely a week later" would have been Thursday, Jan 24th. Ron was trying to use this investigation to extort people into breaking contracts on Tuesday, Jan 22nd.

I wonder how Tammi Denbow, the Sony executive that handled the investigation, feels knowing that Ron was using her investigation to attempt to extort people. An investigation she had a legal responsibility to keep confidential. An investigation that literally revolved around 4 people who all lived with Ron Toye.

How's it feel being a patsy for that pathetic cuck, Tammi? Hopefully nothing horrific happens like Ty drags your ass to the witness stand and slams home the fact that you were supposed to be keeping all this confidential so just how did Ron know about it days before Vic, hm? It might be hard to have a career in HR if your name is synonymous with a multi million dollar defamation lawsuit because you couldn't keep an investigation quiet, eh?

If I were Funimation / Sony right now, I'd feel pretty fucking stupid for falling for this. Ron is far too fucking :) stupid :) :) a cuck to be :) doing these kinds :) :) of Gay Ops. :)

But like I said months ago, these kinds of corporate investigations are bullshit. So they're also ripe for abuse.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Is it common for lawyers to point to live, editable content in legal proceedings? I would expect them to have a special archiving process to avoid edits/takedowns/etc. (put another way, the farms is way better at this than Casey!)

Also, people are doing a shit job of looking at this from an unknowing perspective. We know how rediculous the claims are in the filing, but Casey may be hoping to get lucky with a lazy judge or poor opposing counsel. BHBH May have to walk back all that nonsense (if the judge read it at all, Nick implied they probably won’t even read it)
@AnOminous already partly answered this, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but the proper method of citing evidence would have been to include a copy of the page as an exhibit and certify that it is a true and accurate copy as it looked on a specific date.

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
Nick was also talking about a possible MoRon's plan of getting Funi/Sony into that joint civil liability and make them pay for the eventual bill. Isn't this a dumb plan though? I thought that meant the company pays the bill (or whoever can pay it) and then they have to go after the others through the courts for reimbursement. So MoRon would get out of immediately paying their share, but would increase their attorney fees in the long run...
It’s very dumb. If someone tried that with something I was involved in I would blacklist them as soon as the case was over with.

talk talk talk

Helping the Exceptional to Know God
kiwifarms.net
I don't think this has been mentioned, but Casey has fucked up the verification badly.

Verifications normally are done by the client so that the pleading (either a Complaint or an Answer) can be used as an affidavit as well. Generally, pleadings just go out on the lawyer's signature, which certifies that the lawyer has read it and believes that the law and the facts are pled in good faith. But the lawyer's signature on a pleading is not the lawyer testifying under oath that the facts are true and correct under penalty of perjury.

But ol' Casey has, by verifying the Answer, testified as to the facts of the case and has made himself into a witness. This is incredibly dumb. Lawyers are not allowed to be both witnesses and attorneys in the same case , although they can and do routinely verify things like copies of documents. This isn't a simple verification that a copy of a document attached as an exhibit is true and correct--this is full on saying Casey has personal knowledge of the facts and he is now a witness subject to examination.

I mistakenly thought this chucklefuck might know what he's doing, but this is approaching Russ Greer levels of incompetence.

Here's the rule: https://www.legalethicstexas.com/Ethics-Resources/Rules/Texas-Disciplinary-Rules-of-Professional-Conduct/III--ADVOCATE/3-08-Lawyer-as-Witness

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
Casey has fucked up the verification
I doubt the Judge will allow Casey to serve as a witness on what could be a paralegal error and it would probably look bad on Ty to ask for it but that doesn't mean it's any less hilarious and further evidence that his response was extremely rushed and poorly done (as if we needed more)!

• Agree
Reactions: AStupidMonkey

Monkey Prick

Former Ronnie.
kiwifarms.net
FUNI clearly are less than thrilled by MoRon's response, letting them reply last
I doubt the Judge will allow Casey to serve as a witness on what could be a paralegal error and it would probably look bad on Ty to ask for it but that doesn't mean it's any less hilarious and further evidence that his response was extremely rushed and poorly done (as if we needed more)!
Might give better grounds to have it struck from the record entirely, or at least large chunks of it.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I don't think this has been mentioned, but Casey has fucked up the verification badly.

Verifications normally are done by the client so that the pleading (either a Complaint or an Answer) can be used as an affidavit as well. Generally, pleadings just go out on the lawyer's signature, which certifies that the lawyer has read it and believes that the law and the facts are pled in good faith. But the lawyer's signature on a pleading is not the lawyer testifying under oath that the facts are true and correct under penalty of perjury.

But ol' Casey has, by verifying the Answer, testified as to the facts of the case and has made himself into a witness. This is incredibly dumb. Lawyers are not allowed to be both witnesses and attorneys in the same case , although they can and do routinely verify things like copies of documents. This isn't a simple verification that a copy of a document attached as an exhibit is true and correct--this is full on saying Casey has personal knowledge of the facts and he is now a witness subject to examination.

I mistakenly thought this chucklefuck might know what he's doing, but this is approaching Russ Greer levels of incompetence.

Here's the rule: https://www.legalethicstexas.com/Ethics-Resources/Rules/Texas-Disciplinary-Rules-of-Professional-Conduct/III--ADVOCATE/3-08-Lawyer-as-Witness
Weeb Wars general thread
He swore under oath that the facts stated within their response were within his personal knowledge and that they are "true and correct".

If even a cursory reading of their evidence shows that it's clearly false, I cannot fathom how he could have personal knowledge of the facts and still believe them to be "true and correct".
Nick Rekieta videos & livestreams thread
Casey S. Erick signed his name to this garbage, and swore, under oath, that he has read it, that he has personal knowledge of the facts it contains, and that they are true and correct. If he even bothered to read the evidence that it's citing, then there's absolutely no excuse for him not knowing that it's out and out false.
It looks like it's boilerplate, yes. Maybe it's legally required. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I've checked and the Plaintiff's Original Complaint didn't include such a certifying statement from any of Vic's counsel... so clearly it's not required on every document that's filed. I do know that I've seen it in at least some of the filings, though, so maybe it's sometimes required and sometimes isn't.

But, whether or not it's boilerplate and whether or not it was required... it seems like precisely the sort of boilerplate that is designed specifically to give a lawyer pause before they'd file such a terrible response. If they are going to certify it as true and claim personal knowledge of the facts, they should make damn sure of that... or not put their name on it. If the certification isn't even required, then it seems even more stupid to add it.

Can somebody with specific knowledge of Texas civil procedure explain WTF is going on with the certification?

talk talk talk

Helping the Exceptional to Know God
kiwifarms.net
Verifications are used to save time. money, and effort in some circumstances. Pleadings aren't evidence, but affidavits are--they are basically written testimony under oath. So in a variety of circumstances, it makes sense to have your client verify the pleading so you can use it later as evidence in a motion instead of doing a separate affidavit.

But the key thing is that the client verifies, not the lawyer.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Kosher Salt

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I doubt the Judge will allow Casey to serve as a witness on what could be a paralegal error
The ability to cross examine witnesses who have submitted sworn testimony in the case is pretty basic. It's not even up to the judge. It would be reversible error to deny it.

There's no "paralegal error" when you sign something and submit it to a court UNDER OATH. You have just sworn that you have personally verified every single fact you have sworn to. You have submitted sworn testimony as evidence. A litigant wouldn't get away with claiming someone else made a mistake and a lawyer certainly wouldn't.

I don't think it would be disqualifying if you were testifying to fairly simple facts like X received document Y on date Z, or other administrivia, though. I'm also not sure exactly what typical practice for the Texas retraction statute is when you submit the required verified denial, but it would seem the actual litigant is who should submit an affidavit about it.

There's also legal argument buried in that denial, which isn't really factual. Casey actually has the outright chutzpah to argue that the gigantic pile of paper Ty served on Soye didn't provide sufficient notice as to what the defamatory material he was supposed to retract was. Yes, he really did argue that.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It looks like it's boilerplate, yes. Maybe it's legally required. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I've checked and the Plaintiff's Original Complaint didn't include such a certifying statement from any of Vic's counsel... so clearly it's not required on every document that's filed.
It's specifically required under the Texas retraction statute. A denial has to be verified. That's why that's the only section submitted in that form.

How hard would it be to attach the Tuttle Group (Ron's employer) as a defendant to this case? The messages in the teaser were already pretty bad. TG could replace Funimation (assuming they settle) as the big money defendant.
Have we verified that's what actually happened? I read that as Ron Soye promising to sponsor Kamehacon. I'm rather interested as to whether he was actually doing that as an agent of his employer, or whether he was falsely representing himself as having the authority to do that, since Ron "Walter Mitty" Soye does seem to have the practice and narcissistic personality to represent himself as having authority he doesn't have.

Because if he actually was acting as an agent, he may have made his employer liable for every bit of this.

I seriously suspect, though, that the Tuttle Group is going to be as surprised as anyone else to learn that they promised to sponsor some anime convention and then were so enraged about Vig Mignogna groping all of Ron Soye's personal friends and roommates that they then threatened to cancel it.

It would be very professionally embarrassing to get caught doing something like that.

And it would be very professionally embarrassing for the Tuttle Group, if they are as mystified as anyone else to find out that they did this, to end up getting sued for tortious interference by someone they never heard of.

I suspect a certain hirsute gentleman will be in touch. This perplexing factual issue is in need of clarification.

Last edited:

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
How hard would it be to attach the Tuttle Group (Ron's employer) as a defendant to this case? The messages in the teaser were already pretty bad. TG could replace Funimation (assuming they settle) as the big money defendant.
AT A MINIMUM, they can now face a subpoena for evidence thanks to him. He asked Kameha Con to communicate with him via his work email address.
1557940467095.png
"fairwaymc.com" is registered to Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation in Wisconsin.
Domain Name: FAIRWAYMC.COM
Registry Domain ID: 96339440_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2016-04-01T12:06:31Z
Creation Date: 2003-03-31T21:58:22Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-03-31T20:58:22Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Registrant Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Registrant Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Registrant City: Madison
Registrant State/Province: Wisconsin
Registrant Postal Code: 53718
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4692521018
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Admin Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Admin Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Admin City: Madison
Admin State/Province: Wisconsin
Admin Postal Code: 53718
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4692521018
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Tech Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Tech Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Tech City: Madison
Tech State/Province: Wisconsin
Tech Postal Code: 53718
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4692521018
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Name Server: NS10.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS11.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS12.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS13.DNSMADEEASY.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-05-15T17:00:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

Notes:

IMPORTANT: Port43 will provide the ICANN-required minimum data set per
ICANN Temporary Specification, adopted 17 May 2018.
Visit https://whois.godaddy.com to look up contact data for domains
not covered by GDPR policy.

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" section. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.
It would probably have more to do with the case that Kameha Con has against Ron than it would have to do with Vic's case, though.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino