Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It looks like it's boilerplate, yes. Maybe it's legally required. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I've checked and the Plaintiff's Original Complaint didn't include such a certifying statement from any of Vic's counsel... so clearly it's not required on every document that's filed.
It's specifically required under the Texas retraction statute. A denial has to be verified. That's why that's the only section submitted in that form.

How hard would it be to attach the Tuttle Group (Ron's employer) as a defendant to this case? The messages in the teaser were already pretty bad. TG could replace Funimation (assuming they settle) as the big money defendant.
Have we verified that's what actually happened? I read that as Ron Soye promising to sponsor Kamehacon. I'm rather interested as to whether he was actually doing that as an agent of his employer, or whether he was falsely representing himself as having the authority to do that, since Ron "Walter Mitty" Soye does seem to have the practice and narcissistic personality to represent himself as having authority he doesn't have.

Because if he actually was acting as an agent, he may have made his employer liable for every bit of this.

I seriously suspect, though, that the Tuttle Group is going to be as surprised as anyone else to learn that they promised to sponsor some anime convention and then were so enraged about Vig Mignogna groping all of Ron Soye's personal friends and roommates that they then threatened to cancel it.

It would be very professionally embarrassing to get caught doing something like that.

And it would be very professionally embarrassing for the Tuttle Group, if they are as mystified as anyone else to find out that they did this, to end up getting sued for tortious interference by someone they never heard of.

I suspect a certain hirsute gentleman will be in touch. This perplexing factual issue is in need of clarification.

Last edited:

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
How hard would it be to attach the Tuttle Group (Ron's employer) as a defendant to this case? The messages in the teaser were already pretty bad. TG could replace Funimation (assuming they settle) as the big money defendant.
AT A MINIMUM, they can now face a subpoena for evidence thanks to him. He asked Kameha Con to communicate with him via his work email address.
1557940467095.png
"fairwaymc.com" is registered to Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation in Wisconsin.
Domain Name: FAIRWAYMC.COM
Registry Domain ID: 96339440_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2016-04-01T12:06:31Z
Creation Date: 2003-03-31T21:58:22Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-03-31T20:58:22Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Registrant Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Registrant Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Registrant City: Madison
Registrant State/Province: Wisconsin
Registrant Postal Code: 53718
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4692521018
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Registry Admin ID: Not Available From Registry
Admin Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Admin Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Admin Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Admin City: Madison
Admin State/Province: Wisconsin
Admin Postal Code: 53718
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4692521018
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Registry Tech ID: Not Available From Registry
Tech Name: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Tech Organization: Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
Tech Street: 4801 S. Biltmore Lane
Tech City: Madison
Tech State/Province: Wisconsin
Tech Postal Code: 53718
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4692521018
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: itops@fairwaymc.com
Name Server: NS10.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS11.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS12.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS13.DNSMADEEASY.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-05-15T17:00:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

Notes:

IMPORTANT: Port43 will provide the ICANN-required minimum data set per
ICANN Temporary Specification, adopted 17 May 2018.
Visit https://whois.godaddy.com to look up contact data for domains
not covered by GDPR policy.

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, LLC's WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, LLC. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" section. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, LLC
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.
It would probably have more to do with the case that Kameha Con has against Ron than it would have to do with Vic's case, though.

Empty Donation Box

Raymoo needs a Patreon
kiwifarms.net
I seriously suspect, though, that the Tuttle Group is going to be as surprised as anyone else to learn that they promised to sponsor some anime convention and then were so enraged about Vig Mignogna groping all of Ron Soye's personal friends and roommates that they then threatened to cancel it.
That's one thing that has perplexed me for a bit. Why the fuck would a mortgage lender sponsor an anime convention? The marketing angle doesn't make sense. Weebs are a relatively broke or at least spartan living demographic. They don't spend big money on houses. A portion of them will never even own a house.

This isn't like slapping your logo on the side of an IMSA car where at least you can argue that the target demographic is relatively wealthy. It's an anime convention. And why would Ron have anything to do with that process? That's the marketing guy's job.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Vic's case is that Ron tortiously interfered with his contract with KamehaCon, among others.
True. But at least for this round of lawsuits, the only question is whether he did that. The question of whether Tuttle is directly or vicariously liable for it won't be on trial. Yet.

BHBH will, however, no doubt want to have copies of any emails that Ron sent to or received from any of the cons where he's allegedly committed T.I. with Vic's contracts. Tuttle/Fairway can thank Ron when they get that inevitable subpoena.

Last edited:

boulderblundermatt90

Master of Quaker Oats, Devourer of Chocolate Cakes
kiwifarms.net
I doubt the Judge will allow Casey to serve as a witness on what could be a paralegal error and it would probably look bad on Ty to ask for it but that doesn't mean it's any less hilarious and further evidence that his response was extremely rushed and poorly done (as if we needed more)!
just call it like it is. Casey might actually be more incompetent than russel greer.

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
That's one thing that has perplexed me for a bit. Why the fuck would a mortgage lender sponsor an anime convention? The marketing angle doesn't make sense. Weebs are a relatively broke or at least spartan living demographic. They don't spend big money on houses. A portion of them will never even own a house.

This isn't like slapping your logo on the side of an IMSA car where at least you can argue that the target demographic is relatively wealthy. It's an anime convention. And why would Ron have anything to do with that process? That's the marketing guy's job.
Ron was probably just using his companies name to give some legitimacy to the sponsorship inquiry. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea he was using the company name this way. It was never a genuine sponsorship offer.

PrinceofAllCucks

kiwifarms.net
Ron was probably just using his companies name to give some legitimacy to the sponsorship inquiry. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea he was using the company name this way. It was never a genuine sponsorship offer.
If that's true, it would probably give further credibility to them planning this all ahead of time. Not planned very well, but planned nonetheless.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The timing is also fascinating. Why would they sponsor an anime con right before every single one of Ron Soye's close, dear, personal friends, in some case even roommates, all somehow coincidentally simultaneously accused some guest there of raping and murdering them.

Only then to threaten to cancel said sponsorship unless they fired that nasssty, nasssty, Mignogna.

It's so strange that one is inclined to ask why the Tuttle Group would involve itself in this.

I mean, Ron Tuttle, I mean Ron Toye, their Production Manager, surely was telling the truth about that, right? The Tuttle Group really did do this, didn't they?

Ron couldn't have just lied, could he have? He couldn't possibly be this stupid, could he? No way. He's :) a really :) smart guy :) :) :) :)

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
The timing is also fascinating. Why would they sponsor an anime con right before every single one of Ron Soye's close, dear, personal friends, in some case even roommates, all somehow coincidentally simultaneously accused some guest there of raping and murdering them.

Only then to threaten to cancel said sponsorship unless they fired that nasssty, nasssty, Mignogna.

It's so strange that one is inclined to ask why the Tuttle Group would involve itself in this.

I mean, Ron Tuttle, I mean Ron Toye, their Production Manager, surely was telling the truth about that, right? The Tuttle Group really did do this, didn't they?

Ron couldn't have just lied, could he have? He couldn't possibly be this stupid, could he? No way. He's :) a really :) smart guy :) :) :) :)
Is there anyone else he could throw under the bus? I can't think of anyone....

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net

I'm curious to see who and how this ties in to the whole Iago thing since that's exactly the type of hands-clean/behind the scenes subterfuge Iago is claimed to engage in.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
Is there anyone else he could throw under the bus? I can't think of anyone....
The three other friends he mentions. "But... they told me Vic had raped them! How could I doubt such a heinous accusation?"

I'm curious to see who and how this ties in to the whole Iago thing since that's exactly the type of hands-clean/behind the scenes subterfuge Iago is claimed to engage in.
I'm forgetting, Ron was confirmed to not be Iago or Igor, right?

Cakeisjustok

kiwifarms.net
It will be interesting what other texts come out tonight. He does mention his business partner, I'm not sure the Tuttle Group could get out of it if multiple agents and employees are involved and in official capacity.

PrinceofAllCucks

kiwifarms.net
ANN has always been a target for Ty. However, they are based in Canada are they not?
True, but if they can't get jurisdiction in Texas, then they have to fight defamation under Canadian law. Spoiler alert: Canada doesn't have a first amendment. So they can either get fucked under Texas jurisdiction, or Vic can pay more to fight an easier battle in Canada.

Army Burger

[sad in mexican]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

boulderblundermatt90

Master of Quaker Oats, Devourer of Chocolate Cakes
kiwifarms.net
so i'm seeing screenshots of toye's dms with kamehacon. where are they coming from? I wanna see the action personally.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino