Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues.

AStupidMonkey

srsly, wtf is dis shit?
kiwifarms.net
It's specifically required under the Texas retraction statute. A denial has to be verified. That's why that's the only section submitted in that form.

Have we verified that's what actually happened? I read that as Ron Soye promising to sponsor Kamehacon. I'm rather interested as to whether he was actually doing that as an agent of his employer, or whether he was falsely representing himself as having the authority to do that, since Ron "Walter Mitty" Soye does seem to have the practice and narcissistic personality to represent himself as having authority he doesn't have.

Because if he actually was acting as an agent, he may have made his employer liable for every bit of this.

I seriously suspect, though, that the Tuttle Group is going to be as surprised as anyone else to learn that they promised to sponsor some anime convention and then were so enraged about Vig Mignogna groping all of Ron Soye's personal friends and roommates that they then threatened to cancel it.

It would be very professionally embarrassing to get caught doing something like that.

And it would be very professionally embarrassing for the Tuttle Group, if they are as mystified as anyone else to find out that they did this, to end up getting sued for tortious interference by someone they never heard of.

I suspect a certain hirsute gentleman will be in touch. This perplexing factual issue is in need of clarification.
A necessary first step might be to find out if Tuttle Group or Fairway MC has ever donated to an anime con.

If so, that might show enough cause to subpoena records.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
A little behind the Iago/Igor thing. Mind giving me a brief rundown without watching a 3+ hour live stream.
BHBH, the law firm Vic uses, gives code-names for people of interest. Iago and Igor are the two masterminds, in BHBH's working theory, of this whole thing against Vic.

Iago is a smarmy bastard who has worked to avoid anyone recognizing he's behind it all, but isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

Igor is the hunchbanked loser that Iago uses for his dirty work, and thinks (wrongly) that Iago will save him in the end.

Neither are current lawsuit targets, because the current batch -- the Three Stooges and Funimation -- are such easy targets due to how stupid they are, that they have to go first. Partially because BHBH can use depositions during this round to get evidence against the others.

beardium

kiwifarms.net
Indeed. But look closely at the motivation and beliefs of the people doing it. they are true believers in the victim/opression/feminism cause and high priests in their little Anime based corner of it. Being Trump derangement/SJW/#metoo/#muh feminism types, they are just as apt to act like other notables, say for example, BAMN's Yvette Felarca. Felarca got nailed by the courts and went right back to doing the ANTIFA crap, convinced she is in the right. And why not? They have their army of actolytes on social media making them famous. Fame/likes are their heroin.

We know Ronnie is a supreme narcissist and Monica isn't exactly short of ego herself. We also know that like all SJWs, they 'reject your reality and replace it with their own.' When you look at the core of who and what these people are, consequences aren't on the table of things that concern them and never have been. They are on the right side of history, and anyone not on board with their agenda lockstep is not only wrong, but evil...according to them.

TLDR, they don't GAF about laws or judgements. In their minds, they are right and that's all that matters. And why shouldn't they think that way? They have been taught to think that way and never had the word 'NO" apply to them. In fact they built their entire online hugbox of others just like them. Stupid? Absolutely. But they are very stupid people. So doing things as dumb as they do...or as ultimately costly, is a given. And they WILL simply make themselves into a social and regular media spectacle when they lose because 'they're right', Vic is evil, ideological opponents are superhomosogynistictransislamophobic et all. The script doesn't change and neither do the motivations.

Just like every other one of their kind that doesn't get their way.
And that is why defamation cases shouldn't be considered civil cases in my opinion but instead criminal offense. You practically tried to kill someone who due to your defamation wouldn't be able to make a livelihood which is akin to death. These motherfucking defamers get away with all of this shit with simple money but take away few years of their lives for ex 3 years in jail and let me know how many motherfuckers like Monica and Marchie will be willing to die over this hill.

Last edited:

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
And that is why defamation cases shouldn't be considered civil cases in my opinion but instead criminal offense. You practically tried to kill the someone because someone who is not able to make a livelihood which akin to death. These motherfucking defamers get away with all of this shit with simple money but take away few years of their lives for ex 3 years in jail and let me know how many motherfuckers like Monica and Rial will be willing to die over this hill.
Life, Liberty, and Labor are all rights in Enlightenment philosophy, and none are more important than the others, so there's something to be said for that. I think a counterargument would be that you can be made whole for someone depriving you of your labor more easily than if you are killed or kidnapped or whatever, and civil courts are better suited. The danger in making crimes against labor criminal has wide ranging effects - to be consistent intellectual property violations would be criminalized, too, and that's a bad way to go imo. I think the system does OK if you have enough money to get to civil court, but poor people have the same rights and the system fails them with modern courts in that way.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
BHBH, the law firm Vic uses, gives code-names for people of interest. Iago and Igor are the two masterminds, in BHBH's working theory, of this whole thing against Vic.

Iago is a smarmy bastard who has worked to avoid anyone recognizing he's behind it all, but isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is.

Igor is the hunchbanked loser that Iago uses for his dirty work, and thinks (wrongly) that Iago will save him in the end.

Neither are current lawsuit targets, because the current batch -- the Three Stooges and Funimation -- are such easy targets due to how stupid they are, that they have to go first. Partially because BHBH can use depositions during this round to get evidence against the others.
Given how much evidence Ty already has, I'm not even sure the depositions are needed to get -evidence- and are more to catch the stooges out on lies they've already made. They're going to have to own up to everything they've done including the things that "Nobody was supposed to find out about because they were posted to private friends only on facebook."

beardium

kiwifarms.net
Life, Liberty, and Labor are all rights in Enlightenment philosophy, and none are more important than the others, so there's something to be said for that. I think a counterargument would be that you can be made whole for someone depriving you of your labor more easily than if you are killed or kidnapped or whatever, and civil courts are better suited. The danger in making crimes against labor criminal has wide ranging effects - to be consistent intellectual property violations would be criminalized, too, and that's a bad way to go imo. I think the system does OK if you have enough money to get to civil court, but poor people have the same rights and the system fails them with modern courts in that way.
But if you are talking about consistency then intellectual property violations are already classified either for criminal or civil cases depending on the severity of the case itself. On the case of consistency what happened to Vic is severe. His main livelihood Cons where he seems to get his majority of income was thanos snapped and who knows if most of these cons will bring him back even after the lawsuit is won specially when some of them are specially run by filthy woke SJWS. If purely criminal offense is harsh then it should be established as either civil or criminal depending on the severity of defamation and the damages that have been caused.

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
And that is why defamation cases shouldn't be considered civil cases in my opinion but instead criminal offense. You practically tried to kill someone who due to your defamation wouldn't be able to make a livelihood which is akin to death. These motherfucking defamers get away with all of this shit with simple money but take away few years of their lives for ex 3 years in jail and let me know how many motherfuckers like Monica and Marchie will be willing to die over this hill.
Generally I agree, although I think it should be longer. It goes back to my ranting about mental institutions being reopened. These people are dangerous to a functioning society and there's plenty of documentation showing examples of the damage they do. Defamation and destroying lives/driving people to suicide (August Ames) stripping the ability to earn a living AND purchase goods, rent, use social media et all is just their chosen weapon and functionally no different than robbing someone at gunpoint or blackmail/extortion... the end result is the same.

We jail criminals. Theft, blackmail, extortion and liability in someone's death are all criminally actionable. The only difference between an SJW and a common thug is that the SJW has a social/political agenda driving their insanity and their actions. And of course, while street thugs can be rehabilitated, SJWs can't. At least not the full blown variety.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net

You could have linked to the thread as a suggestion:

beardium

kiwifarms.net
Generally I agree, although I think it should be longer. It goes back to my ranting about mental institutions being reopened. These people are dangerous to a functioning society and there's plenty of documentation showing examples of the damage they do. Defamation and destroying lives/driving people to suicide (August Ames) stripping the ability to earn a living AND purchase goods, rent, use social media et all is just their chosen weapon and functionally no different than robbing someone at gunpoint or blackmail/extortion... the end result is the same.

We jail criminals. Theft, blackmail, extortion and liability in someone's death are all criminally actionable. The only difference between an SJW and a common thug is that the SJW has a social/political agenda driving their insanity and their actions. And of course, while street thugs can be rehabilitated, SJWs can't. At least not the full blown variety.
I wouldn't want it to be longer as i also would like to give these filthy idiots at least one chance of redemption. You can spend 3 years in jail thinking about your shitty choices and be a proper person once out but if its longer you might end up with a "resentful" idiot who would never willingly realize that what they did was wrong and they were justly punished but instead resent the court for the amount of years they got served.

• Dumb
Reactions: Feels Over Reals

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't want it to be longer as i also would like to give these filthy idiots at least one chance of redemption. You can spend 3 years in jail thinking about your shitty choices and be a proper person once out but if its longer you might end up with a "resentful" idiot who would never willingly realize that what they did was wrong and they were justly punished but instead resent the court for the amount of years they got served.
You seriously fucking think that if you give the government the power to throw you in goddamn prison for saying things that it doesn't like that this isn't going to be misused? You don't think sites like this will be at the top of the list to be shut down immediately?

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
I generally reserve second chances for people that do something to earn them.

They are already resentful idiots by definition so I don't think much there changes. Look at the actual results of their actions. A traditional extortionist/blackmailer usually gets a lot more than a couple years so why should these people get a break for the same result of their actions?

It's not their speech thats the problem. It's the fact that they weaponize it with the intent to fuck anyone they don't like/agree with/approve of to absurd extremes. Permanent extremes. So they should pay for it accordingly. Just like any other criminal.

• Agree
Reactions: Godzilla1984
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino