Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

break these cuffs

purple city byrdgang
kiwifarms.net
Why would i want government to start hindering speech based upon what they like or do not like ? Maybe i am not thinking hard enough but why would sites like kiwi be on top of the list for something that a party that was defamed can already sue for ? The only thing that has changed is the punishment that the government can give to the defamer other than that the rules of defamation are still the same.

If someone from sites like ours went ahead and started defaming someone or our whole site was defaming someone we could already be sued i don't see how changing the punishment lead to giving government the power to also change about what is and is not considered defamation.

But i am open to see my flaws since i am not even american so i already don't have first amendment right like you guys have so maybe i don't see a part of law that you guys actually do see or realize.
Many Americans, such as myself, rightfully believe the government will abuse any power given to it in an unending quest to turn citizens into subjects. The recent so called Patriot Act in the US is a prime example of this.

AStupidMonkey

srsly, wtf is dis shit?
kiwifarms.net
And that is why defamation cases shouldn't be considered civil cases in my opinion but instead criminal offense. You practically tried to kill someone who due to your defamation wouldn't be able to make a livelihood which is akin to death. These motherfucking defamers get away with all of this shit with simple money but take away few years of their lives for ex 3 years in jail and let me know how many motherfuckers like Monica and Marchie will be willing to die over this hill.
Maybe two separate classes of defamation. Because not all defamation is created equal, you jaywalking, cold-sore-having cuckold!

beardium

kiwifarms.net
Maybe two separate classes of defamation. Because not all defamation is created equal, you jaywalking, cold-sore-having cuckold!
But if you are talking about consistency then intellectual property violations are already classified either for criminal or civil cases depending on the severity of the case itself. On the case of consistency what happened to Vic is severe. His main livelihood Cons where he seems to get his majority of income was thanos snapped and who knows if most of these cons will bring him back even after the lawsuit is won specially when some of them are specially run by filthy woke SJWS. If purely criminal offense is harsh then it should be established as either civil or criminal depending on the severity of defamation and the damages that have been caused.
Its like you fucking skipped the msg where i suggested exactly that. If you wanna fucking chime in at least read all of the msgs from the parties involved in the conversation.

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The only thing that has changed is the punishment that the government can give to the defamer other than that the rules of defamation are still the same.
In a civil wrong you are obligated to pay the plaintiff for what you did wrong. It is a private action between private parties mediated by the court system.

The criminal court system is between the government and a citizen, with the full power of the government coming down on that citizen.

Being thrown in prison by the government and having your freedom completely taken away because someone disagreed with what you said and has the power to have it declared legally false is completely different than that.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So from tonight's episode of Dragon Law Z:
  • ALL the accusers lived with Ron Soye at one point. Just how angry is :) :) :) boy that Vic fucked his fiancee?
I heard Nick say that two out of the four had lived with Soye at some point. Has more info come out since the stream?

Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
There's another angle to this. If Funi settles, do you think they'd ever hire Rial again? Given that Funi would have to make a pretty damning public statement to repair Vic's reputation, do you think anyone would ever hire Rial again?
The chances of Funimation ever hiring Rial and Marchi again evaporated the day the lawsuit showed up. What little possibility that they might be forgiven (if somehow Funimation escapes this fuck up unscathed) disappears as it becomes clear that RonRon was using Funi’s uncompleted in house investigation to wage an extortion campaign against other businesses. Yeah remember how Ananda Winn Lee got dumped on the never hire list for being an out of control drunken hoe, and flashing her tits at the Toei execs wife and kids? Well dragging your employer into million dollar lawsuits is substantially worse than that.

As an added bonus, the other Cons will sure as shit be taking note of the Kamehacon/RonRon communications that are coming out. Safe bet is they don’t want any part of that pack of extortionist losers. Vic pulled in money hand over fist for KC. With 2-3 hour lines wrapped around the building. Whereas Monica pissed everybody off. It’s not a complicated decision process. It will go something like “hire Vic first. Tell anyone who takes issue with that to Fuck Right Off.”

beardium

kiwifarms.net
In a civil wrong you are obligated to pay the plaintiff for what you did wrong. It is a private action between private parties mediated by the court system.
I remember hearing something about treble damages that nick mentioned in feb when he first started talking about the causes of actions etc would that still apply in a defamation case?

I heard Nick say that two out of the four had lived with Soye at some point. Has more info come out since the stream?
Nick actually said three out of four people were living with Soye its even worse. :story:

talk talk talk

Helping the Exceptional to Know God
kiwifarms.net
Several states, including Texas, have criminal libel laws.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
So realistically what are the odds Sony steps in and just tries to make this go away with a settlement of some sort? Who would it cover? Would others not connected to Sony still be held accountable? Or would would the entire case be dropped considering the "main players" are out of the picture?

Because it would really irk me if people virtually "got away with" this sort of thing because woke Cali Tech has their backs for when they try to destroy peoples careers over "problematic" stuff and it turns out they have legal defense and evidence.

• Agree
Reactions: knux

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
So realistically what are the odds Sony steps in and just tries to make this go away with a settlement of some sort? Who would it cover? Would others not connected to Sony still be held accountable? Or would would the entire case be dropped considering the "main players" are out of the picture?

Because it would really irk me if people virtually "got away with" this sort of thing because woke Cali Tech has their backs for when they try to destroy peoples careers over "problematic" stuff and it turns out they have legal defense and evidence.
I think the chances Funimation settles get better every day. I can’t imagine them wanting their settlement to cover the other parties and I doubt Ty would want it to.

• Informative
Reactions: Medicated

PrinceofAllCucks

kiwifarms.net

I could see Sony bailing out Ruination, but Monica and Jamie are just as easily replaceable as employees as they keep claiming Vic is. As well as Rondela not even being part of their business, he's guaranteed to get thrown to the wolves.

• Informative
Reactions: Medicated

break these cuffs

purple city byrdgang
kiwifarms.net
Several states, including Texas, have criminal libel laws.

New Hampshire, how could you do this.

• Feels
Reactions: QU 734

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I remember hearing something about treble damages that nick mentioned in feb when he first started talking about the causes of actions etc would that still apply in a defamation case?
Yes.

New Hampshire, how could you do this.
The New Hampshire one is currently the subject of a constitutional challenge.

These laws are virtually unused, and even when they are it's usually in combination with some other crime, and there is not exactly a large population of inmates serving time for criminal libel, if any at all.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
There's another angle to this. If Funi settles, do you think they'd ever hire Rial again? Given that Funi would have to make a pretty damning public statement to repair Vic's reputation, do you think anyone would ever hire Rial again?
No, because Sony will never ever want to be in a situation like this again. Vic might get rehired as good PR but Rial * and Marchi as well because of her stupidity in trying to dodge the process server * are going to be radioactive by the time this is done. No company is going to want to hire someone that caused their former employer to lose over a million dollars and no one but the most insane kool-aid drinking ideologue is going to want to work with a complete psychopath who tried to destroy her co-worker's life purely because she's a vindictive cunt.

And after her Kamehacon stunt I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up blacklisted from the convention scene like that other nutbar AWL.

She'll be lucky if she gets bit roles in some SJW's passion project but her days of being attached to anything notable will be over.

• Agree
Reactions: knux

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
and no one but the most insane kool-aid drinking ideologue is going to want to work with a complete psychopath who tried to destroy her co-worker's life purely because she's a vindictive cunt.
that only means that they will get more work... the whole scene is full of sjws.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
The real question is, we know that Toye pulled the "Hey we want to make an extremely expensive purchase/sponsorship/vendor space at your convention, but only if Vic isn't there" deal with Kamehacon, but how many other conventions has he done this to? Given his exceptionalism I can't imagine this was the only con they've tried this with.

Nick said when he showed the first few pages in last night's stream that that was only four of the sixteen pages he received, and that Ty had many more.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The real question is, we know that Toye pulled the "Hey we want to make an extremely expensive purchase/sponsorship/vendor space at your convention, but only if Vic isn't there" deal with Kamehacon, but how many other conventions has he done this to? Given his exceptionalism I can't imagine this was the only con they've tried this with.
The guy from Bubba Fest suggested that he knew of several other cons where they'd tried to pull the same thing. What will be interesting is to see whether it followed the same pattern of Monica signing as a guest after Vic was already announced and then trying to get them to drop Vic or whether they offered sponsorship prior to Vic being invited conditional upon him not being invited.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino