Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Garm

kiwifarms.net
I don't remember the exact amount, but yes, a certain amount of it has been paid already.

Also, it's worth remembering that their attorneys are probably willing to work with them on a payment plan of some form. It's a civil trial, not a criminal one; no matter the result, the defendants will still be capable of earning money afterward. Most lawyers don't turn down cases just because the potential client doesn't literally have the entire costs available to them immediately.
Thank you for making that point. I had forgotten to add that.

Regarding the insurance part, I could see that being part of the plan. The defendants have shown a crippling ignorance or disdain for the court this entire time. Thinking their insurance would cover it is a mistake they would have made.

Basically Ron and Monica are the... Entitled types who believe the world should cater to them so the idea that an insurance company will tell them to fuck off never crossed their mind.

Éire-Ice36

Asshole Extraordináire
kiwifarms.net
Such as?

And don't say Monica, because we all know she's the top in that relationship.
Although insertion regardless if it happened or not is the big question.

Also, in hindsight Roye virtue signalling was a clue that something fishy was up.

Thank you for making that point. I had forgotten to add that.

Regarding the insurance part, I could see that being part of the plan. The defendants have shown a crippling ignorance or disdain for the court this entire time. Thinking their insurance would cover it is a mistake they would have made.

Basically Ron and Monica are the... Entitled types who believe the world should cater to them so the idea that an insurance company will tell them to fuck off never crossed their mind.
Given how badly Chupp handled the case and Lemon Fürher's fear of it going to the appeals court, it's clear that if they keep up being in concept of the court (not "contempt of court") that it's gonna bite them in the ass, man I hope that they bust them for perjury.

GenericReviewerDraco

Fluffy Holiday Anna
kiwifarms.net
And many things are inserted into Toye which a sane person would immediately regret.
In order to repent for his wifebeating (so he believes), he must become the ultimate cuck willing to take it from Monica's bulls, Chris Sabat when he's bored of Sean Schemmel, and Monica and Jamie with Pringle can wide strap-ons.

The path to true redemption is filled with sexual cosmic horror (according to Ronald Soye).

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
I don't think an insurance company is gladly going to agree to cover someone who jumped up and down screaming SUE ME SUE ME SUE ME for months on end. It's not like this was an accident. It's like a car insurance company paying off for you deliberately running over a bunch of people.
How or why would Ron have an Insurance plan that would even begin to cover this? Most Business Liability Plans do not cover Libel or Defamation, unless it is something that is a core element of risk for the business, such as a Journalistic Publication. And then the Libel and Defamation Riders cost an arm and a leg. How or why would Ron have Personal Liability Insurance that would cover this sort of thing? That's not really normal. I'm still pressing F to Doubt that he has any sort of insurance related to this. Most Homeowners Policies will have some coverage for if you get sued. But that's generally for accidents or occurances on your property. Not for willfull Torts. Somewhere around Twitter Rampage #400 the good people at Crimson Permanent Insurance are gonna go Hell No.

PomegranateKing

A pomegranate a day keeps the thots away
kiwifarms.net
Can I get another summary of the last few months? Since mediation happened?
Mediation failed. Sperging intensified. Judge dismissed on all accounts. KV became a bastion for fart sniffing and smugness.

Lemoine tried desperately to deligitimatize the slatosch affidavit on grounds that he needed to in order to determine his fees, also tried to subpoena Ty. Failed on both fronts.

Fees hearing happened, Vic was called to the stand. They asked for half a million in fees and more in sanctions. Vic did well on the stand.

Judge awards a quarter of a mil between all the sued parties. KV pretends that Vic not paying all opposing attorneys all asked for fees doesn't look bad. ISWV applies salt to the wound. Sperging intensifies again.

Appeals are already filed. Now, hopefully, some calm for a time.

Last edited:

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
How or why would Ron have an Insurance plan that would even begin to cover this? Most Business Liability Plans do not cover Libel or Defamation, unless it is something that is a core element of risk for the business, such as a Journalistic Publication. And then the Libel and Defamation Riders cost an arm and a leg. How or why would Ron have Personal Liability Insurance that would cover this sort of thing? That's not really normal. I'm still pressing F to Doubt that he has any sort of insurance related to this. Most Homeowners Policies will have some coverage for if you get sued. But that's generally for accidents or occurances on your property. Not for willfull Torts. Somewhere around Twitter Rampage #400 the good people at Crimson Permanent Insurance are gonna go Hell No.
It isn't really that unusual for a normal person to have some form of libel & slander coverage nowadays. Umbrella policies sometimes have coverage for libel & slander, as do homeowners' policies. Generally speaking, it's to cover things like being sued by a restaurant for a bad Yelp review or something like that. I have no idea if they'd cover this type of a suit nor, if they did, how they would do it, but the actually "having insurance" part isn't that outlandish.

Son of Sparda 84

kiwifarms.net
Well Christ on a stick I can't believe I found this

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
How or why would Ron have an Insurance plan that would even begin to cover this? Most Business Liability Plans do not cover Libel or Defamation, unless it is something that is a core element of risk for the business, such as a Journalistic Publication.
A lot of people have a homeowner's policy that covers, among other things, home-related torts like someone slipping and falling, and a lot of those have an umbrella policy that covers most anything else that could happen, including defamation. Famously, Bill Cosby had such a policy that paid his legal fees for defamation suits brought against him by his accusers for calling them liars.

• Informative
Reactions: BlueSpark

Your Average Soyboy

Soy Vey
kiwifarms.net
Well Christ on a stick I can't believe I found this

I think I'd actually rather take advice from a heroin junkie sleeping in his own shit on the streets of california than a fucking redditor

TwinkLover6969

kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino