Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The real question is, we know that Toye pulled the "Hey we want to make an extremely expensive purchase/sponsorship/vendor space at your convention, but only if Vic isn't there" deal with Kamehacon, but how many other conventions has he done this to? Given his exceptionalism I can't imagine this was the only con they've tried this with.
The guy from Bubba Fest suggested that he knew of several other cons where they'd tried to pull the same thing. What will be interesting is to see whether it followed the same pattern of Monica signing as a guest after Vic was already announced and then trying to get them to drop Vic or whether they offered sponsorship prior to Vic being invited conditional upon him not being invited.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
No, because Sony will never ever want to be in a situation like this again. Vic might get rehired as good PR but Rial * and Marchi as well because of her stupidity in trying to dodge the process server * are going to be radioactive by the time this is done. No company is going to want to hire someone that caused their former employer to lose over a million dollars and no one but the most insane kool-aid drinking ideologue is going to want to work with a complete psychopath who tried to destroy her co-worker's life purely because she's a vindictive cunt.

And after her Kamehacon stunt I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up blacklisted from the convention scene like that other nutbar AWL.

She'll be lucky if she gets bit roles in some SJW's passion project but her days of being attached to anything notable will be over.
Just to be clear regarding this. Chances are Funi is not going to immediately fire Monica and Jamie. They still voice some popular characters from ongoing series. For example Monica voices the horribly annoying frog girl from My Hero Academia (which I am not sure is Funis?) They studios will let those play out to their full runs. They aren't going to make waves. And they certainly don't want to trigger weebpocalypse 2.0. So they'll keep them going... and slowly and steadily give all the new stuff to other people until they are quietly rid of the raging menopausal harpies and their legions of lies, without anybody noticing. Funi's biggest problem with Vic is they were too fucking stupid to do this.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
So realistically what are the odds Sony steps in and just tries to make this go away with a settlement of some sort? Who would it cover? Would others not connected to Sony still be held accountable? Or would would the entire case be dropped considering the "main players" are out of the picture?

Because it would really irk me if people virtually "got away with" this sort of thing because woke Cali Tech has their backs for when they try to destroy peoples careers over "problematic" stuff and it turns out they have legal defense and evidence.
Is it realistic? Yes. Why do you think Ty Beard agreed to give Funi extra time to respond? As to who it would cover? Funimation and it's management. And likely the Sony HR lady that actually fired Vic. Who wouldn't it cover? Any of the contractors. Marchi, MoRonica, anybody else that gets dragged in. And don't think any Sony/Funimation settlement would be cheap. It will be cost effective by Sony's standards. But it would be a big payout. It would also almost certainly involve Funimation and Sony flipping all of their HR records and related communications over to BHBH for use against any other players. What will almost certainly trigger Sony demanding to Funi that it all gets settled quickly and quietly is if an internal review by legal finds any irregularities in the original investigation and HR actions. Things like, it failed to follow the published and required Texas state requirements for such investigations. It failed to notice that all the accusers lived with RonRon. It failed to notice that the accusers and RonRon were using the investigation as part of a racketeering scam to drive Vic out of the Cons. That sort of thing.

Make no mistake, those texts that Nick revealed last night are starting to leave the realm of civil lawsuit and starting to dance dangerously close to State and Federal Criminal matter. You don't do that shit. You can't legally do that shit. (and when you do do that shit you sure as fuck don't write it down or leave a permanent electronic trail!) . Yeah it seems small potatoes, but follow the trail. We see the pattern and timeline of Kamehacon. If that repeats itself at other cons? And if that same pattern is seen with non Texas cons? There is a very very fine line there between arrogant stupidity and arrogant criminality. We may be seeing the first signs of it crossing into that. And if it crossed state lines? oof!

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
Make no mistake, those texts that Nick revealed last night are starting to leave the realm of civil lawsuit and starting to dance dangerously close to State and Federal Criminal matter. You don't do that shit. You can't legally do that shit. (and when you do do that shit you sure as fuck don't write it down or leave a permanent electronic trail!) . Yeah it seems small potatoes, but follow the trail. We see the pattern and timeline of Kamehacon. If that repeats itself at other cons? And if that same pattern is seen with non Texas cons? There is a very very fine line there between arrogant stupidity and arrogant criminality. We may be seeing the first signs of it crossing into that. And if it crossed state lines? oof!
Jus sayin...

boulderblundermatt90

Master of Quaker Oats, Devourer of Chocolate Cakes
kiwifarms.net
Jus sayin...
Maybe not the right law but I do know that sooner or later it becomes bad enough even the FBI will do something to shut these thots up.

Perhaps economic terrorism?

• Autistic
Reactions: Feels Over Reals

slipstream.anomaly

The White Tiger
kiwifarms.net
Don't do that, you are liable to be disappointed. This isn't a full trial. They will probably have a back and forth with the judge for 10 minutes before the judge tells them to leave so he can write his decision. There is also a chance MoRon will file their TCPA in which case the hearing won't happen at all.
I was a little worried about that. I'd want a long, back and forth. I think this hearing is mostly logistical?

Isam

ἀνάπαυσις
kiwifarms.net
From Nicks stream tonight, dms between Ron and a Kameha Con representative:
View attachment 759463
This is from January 22nd, supposedly before the investigation even started.
Here's the continuation of Rons dms to Kameha Con from tonights stream:
soye-kamehacon-more.png
Nick also dropped an email from Sarah Wiedenheft to Kameha Con, and one from Daman Mills' agent:
kamehacon_wiedenheft-email.PNGkamehacon_daman-mills-agent-email.PNG

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Nick also dropped an email from Sarah Wiedenheft to Kameha Con, and one from Daman Mills' agent:
Sarah Wiedenheft is the cunt with a pedophile brother who is currently being prosecuted for CP. She thinks her pedophile brother deserves the benefit of the doubt and presumption of innocence.

She doesn't think the same for Vic.

Fucking hypocritical cunt.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
At this point I'm half expecting Soye to break into a south park brand song and dance on the witness stand to prove his innocence.

"Just hear me out! Some people say that I'm a soyboy. They may be right, they may be right. But it's not as if I don't try, I just get cucked, try as I might."

Isam

ἀνάπαυσις
kiwifarms.net
It's fortunate that these people have displayed near complete incompetence at every conceivably level. If you're going to do shady shit then don't do it in writing, and certainly don't brag about it publicly and in writing. But they are not smart, they are demagogues with sub-70 IQs.

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
Maybe not the right law but I do know that sooner or later it becomes bad enough even the FBI will do something to shut these thots up.

Perhaps economic terrorism?
If you read through the RICO statutes, you'll see many of them can be applied. Extortion and blackmail come immediately to mind. And this is very much 'organized groups' engaged in criminal activity on a cross border level, making it federal.

People should stop coming up with reasons RICO somehow 'can't' work and look at the parts of it that can. Then do what we can to push for their application. Ronnie and the various idiots don't have to be mob bosses in the Mafia sense. Lots of people laughed at the idea of labeling ANTIFA terrorists until the FBI did it. Same here. It's organized and it's criminal.

Last edited:

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
If you read through the RICO statutes, you'll see many of them can be applied. Extortion and blackmail come immediately to mind. And this is very much 'organized groups' engaged in criminal activity on a cross border level, making it federal.

People should stop coming up with reasons RICO somehow 'can't' work and look at the parts of it that can. Then do what we can to push for their application. Ronnie and the various idiots don't have to be mob bosses in the Mafia sense. Lots of people laughed at the idea of labeling ANTIFA terrorists until the FBI did it. Sane here. It's organized and it's criminal.
I don't think it's necessarily people are saying it -can't- work, and more that the cost of pushing for it outweighs the benefit. The goal of the suits is not to vindictively destroy the lives of the defendants but to make reparations to the damages suffered by Vic and this can be done without needing to attempt to send the defendants to prison. Remember, we aren't PULL, we're fighting for vindication, not retribution.

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's necessarily people are saying it -can't- work, and more that the cost of pushing for it outweighs the benefit. The goal of the suits is not to vindictively destroy the lives of the defendants but to make reparations to the damages suffered by Vic and this can be done without needing to attempt to send the defendants to prison. Remember, we aren't PULL, we're fighting for vindication, not retribution.
It's not just about Vic. It's about the businesses/cons that these people extort. It's about every male in the workplace under some random psychotic deciding to metoo them.. It's about a lot of different things. I'm not saying that Vic's absolutely has to be the test case full stop. I'm saying people have to start thinking beyond just TI and defamation when dealing with the Rons and Monicas of the world.

It makes zero sense to me that all the tools sit idle in the tool box simply because they are too hard/expensive/whatever to use. People say "It's never RICO." OK. Then WHY NOT?

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino