Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues.

Empty Donation Box

Raymoo needs a Patreon
kiwifarms.net
What are the odds Casey secretly hates these two? It would explain the running up the bill and the shitty pleadings.
That would be hilarious.

He has a weak case with clients who simply refuse to settle, so his only viable defense strategy is one of damage control. Clinging onto a co-defendant with deep pockets seems to be his play at the moment - the obvious flaw is that his clients are screwed if Funimation settles.
Then during the TCPA deposition stay period, while his clients and allies continue dragging Vic through the mud, Casey approachs Ty and Vic with the old "you can make this all stop if you settle".
Praying to God that the party with the deepest pockets doesn't settle while giving them every reason to settle. That's a bold strategy.

Another way to think of it is "saying Sorry costs them nothing but whats already expected in their operations budget." So long as they seperate themselves from the idiot VA's. The VA's face exemplary damages. No way does funi want a piece of that.
Funimation has the most incentive to settle and Funimation can offer Vic the most incentive to settle. Funimation can do the most to repair Vic's reputation and they would be the ones directly offering him work. All they have to do is write a check, publicly state that "bad actors" fed them misinformation, and proceed to give him a few sweet heart deals.

What does MoRon have to offer? Or Marchi? Or the Tuttle Group? Nothing but money (which can be taken by force in a judgement anyway). The Tuttle Group makes a perfect replacement money bag because they have nothing but money to offer. Funi can settle and leave all these clowns holding the bag. All they lose is a cuck and two rapidly aging VA's who are probably getting too expensive anyway.

Reactions: TexOffender

some_crazy

Mad at the internet
kiwifarms.net
What does MoRon have to offer? Or Marchi? Or the Tuttle Group? Nothing but money (which can be taken by force in a judgement anyway). The Tuttle Group makes a perfect replacement money bag because they have nothing but money to offer. Funi can settle and leave all these clowns holding the bag. All they lose is a cuck and two rapidly aging VA's who are probably getting too expensive anyway.
Public retractions and apologies from Monica and Jamie would probably do quite a bit for Vic's reputation - though likely no where near as much as a public statement from funimation.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Empty Donation Box

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Just as an example Nick's friend Josh from the other night. The dude in the weird colorful quilt scrap cape, is a Personal Injury Attorney. He outright had to ask the others about whether or not Casey's response was normal or a good defense strategy because he doesn't do defense.
He had to ask because it was obviously completely bizarre to him but he didn't want to opine on it without knowing if there was some weird Texas-based reason that filing such utter nonsense was normal there.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
Public retractions and apologies from Monica and Jamie would probably do quite a bit for Vic's reputation - though likely no where near as much as a public statement from funimation.
Getting those dumb bitches to admit they made all this shit up would literally take holding a gun to their heads. They'll never do it. Them getting fired and blacklisted from the industry, along with every other cat lady who orchestrated this nothingburger would be the appropriate thing. (Unless it happened already and I just missed it skimming the thread.)

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Those emails that North Korea stole from them were very illuminating. I would not be shocked to find out this Weeb wars stuff could involve Sony proper.
I looked up Tammi Denbow in them and was surprised that with all the idiocy regarding almost every other notable person in them, she just appeared to do fairly straightforward work. I have a suspicion she might actually make a good witness for Vic if she testifies honestly.

I imagine Ty will dig into it in deposition.

From what we have heard of that investigation it was not something that you would go ahead and fire someone over so the fact that Funimation did so is pretty damning. It really makes it look like they did it in the hopes of finding something, didn't find something, and then went ahead and fired him anyway because they were hell-bent on doing just that.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Getting those dumb bitches to admit they made all this shit up would literally take holding a gun to their heads. They'll never do it. Them getting fired and blacklisted from the industry, along with every other cat lady who orchestrated this nothingburger would be the appropriate thing. (Unless it happened already and I just missed it skimming the thread.)
This, and also you know that five minutes later they'd be saying that they only took back their statements because they couldn't afford to be sued and were forced to say that to settle but they didn't really mean it. And they might (:optimistic:) wisen up and not leave obvious, written records of every defamatory statement in the future.

At least if FUNimation is officially saying that Vic is innocent and his accusers were lying, it'd be harder to argue that they only settled because they were intimidated. FUNimation has money to see the lawsuit through, so the only reason for them to settle is if they know that they don't have good chances of winning.

some_crazy

Mad at the internet
kiwifarms.net
I looked up Tammi Denbow in them and was surprised that with all the idiocy regarding almost every other notable person in them, she just appeared to do fairly straightforward work. I have a suspicion she might actually make a good witness for Vic if she testifies honestly.

I imagine Ty will dig into it in deposition.

From what we have heard of that investigation it was not something that you would go ahead and fire someone over so the fact that Funimation did so is pretty damning. It really makes it look like they did it in the hopes of finding something, didn't find something, and then went ahead and fired him anyway because they were hell-bent on doing just that.
Though the original petition states that it was Tammi who informed Vic that his contract had been severed and that it was as a result of her investigation - if it was a "the investigation found nothing but fire him anyway" would she have been the one to tell him? AND would she have said it was due to the investigation?

On a side point perhaps Sony have a policy banning kissing in the office - so maybe that consensual kiss was a breach of policy and hence what he actually got fired for (reaching I know).

PrinceofAllCucks

kiwifarms.net
Though the original petition states that it was Tammi who informed Vic that his contract had been severed and that it was as a result of her investigation - if it was a "the investigation found nothing but fire him anyway" would she have been the one to tell him? AND would she have said it was due to the investigation?

On a side point perhaps Sony have a policy banning kissing in the office - so maybe that consensual kiss was a breach of policy and hence what he actually got fired for (reaching I know).
Most likely, it would've been a scenario where Funimation would've communicated them firing him, and they wouldn't have to cite the investigation since he was a private contractor in the first place. Which is why, during all of this, wrongful termination isn't being brought up as a cause of action, since it would be a losing battle for Ty and Vic to fight.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

It's all interesting and doesn't quite add up with what we currently know, although Ty may already know better. It's definitely subject matter that would add something interesting to the case. Deposition would certainly clear up whether this is a witness the defense wants or definitely doesn't want.

Which is why, during all of this, wrongful termination isn't being brought up as a cause of action, since it would be a losing battle for Ty and Vic to fight.
There's no wrongful termination here anyway, as the parties were contracting together, not employer/employee.

This is also why the tort related to what the other defendants did regarding Funimation is tortious interference with prospective business relations, and the TI with existing contract is the cons.

MelloYello

kiwifarms.net
This is also why the tort related to what the other defendants did regarding Funimation is tortious interference with prospective business relations, and the TI with existing contract is the cons.
Yeah, about that....
given the evidence available right now, what are the odds of Funimation being held liable for Toye's actions?
I mean, the fact that he used his knowledge (he shouldn't have) of the investigation to interfere with contracts (Kamehacon) looks pretty bad,
but what does it mean in regards to Toye being considered an "apparent agent"?

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, about that....
given the evidence available right now, what are the odds of Funimation being held liable for Toye's actions?
I mean, the fact that he used his knowledge (he shouldn't have) of the investigation to interfere with contracts (Kamehacon) looks pretty bad,
but what does it mean in regards to Toye being considered an "apparent agent"?
I don't know, but their absolute failure, even at this late date, to extricate themselves from his actions when they could have done it at any time by simply denying it, really doesn't look good for them.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

do you are have stupid
kiwifarms.net
Related scenario:

If there was a scenario where employee A says to management, "Fire employee B or I quit", and the company fires employee B, would employee B have any legal recourse?

BigRuler

lmao bottom text
kiwifarms.net
Related scenario:
If there was a scenario where employee A says to management, "Fire employee B or I quit", and the company fires employee B, would employee B have any legal recourse?
depends on your local employment laws.
do you have at-will employment? if so, they can fire B for whatever reason (or for no reason) at any time they want.
otherwise, B could possibly sue the company for wrongful termination (unless they had a proper, valid reason to fire him).

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TiR94SayT4kVBkLeZ84s3ZPl3APHyCeS/view?usp=drivesdk Well, Shane is useful for something at least. Apparently unsigned, but the motion was granted to nail the papers to Jamies' front door.
Yep, I think Nick also covered this on one of his streams as this is the motion of substitution of service. Basically when the person serving the papers attempts a number of times to serve you, and fails, he'll go ahead and draft the document to leave for a judge to sign, to save the judge the trouble of having to draft everything out himself. All the Judge has to do is just stamp his name and it's good to go.

some_crazy

Mad at the internet
kiwifarms.net
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TiR94SayT4kVBkLeZ84s3ZPl3APHyCeS/view?usp=drivesdk Well, Shane is useful for something at least. Apparently unsigned, but the motion was granted to nail the papers to Jamies' front door.
That was posted on page 51 of this thread, a week ago. Shane is just repeating old info - and as @Slab Bulkhead just said Nick explained it a week ago - the motion hasn't (or at least hadn't at that time) been granted; BHBH drafted it and submitted it to the court so the judge just has to sign, hopefully the judge will sign it shortly.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Why wait thou? They could throw the current batch of incompetent idiots at Funimation under the bus and bring in new, competent management to settle with Vic and leave the VA's to twist in the wind.
Given the current state of Sony there's at least a 50/50 chance the replacements would be just as or even be more incompetent than the current batch the second head office isn't looking their way.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino