Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OwO What's This?

🕎 Happy Hanukkah! 🕎
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As of writing, this forum doesn't get a whole lot of activity. I feel like we're spread a bit too thin here, with a new thread having to be made about any given subject.

New experiences should be shared, but people generally only go to game threads for games they're already interested in... so there's very little of that.

Thus, this experiment. Just a generalized, shoot the shit, talk about whatever video game you want to talk about sort of thread. If you like the sound of that, I recommend watching the thread so you get reply notifications so we can get a constant stream of activity going.

UnderwaterUnderworld

Sometimes you have to drown before you die
kiwifarms.net
I'm so glad that lovecraftian platformers are a thing.

I bought They Bleed Pixels months ago but never finished it, and I'm glad to say I'm getting back into it again.
And when it says they bleed pixels, they mean it.

It's one of those "easy to learn, difficult to master" games and is pretty difficult at times. (I don't think it's as hard as people say it is though)

Not only are there pretty obvious lovecraftian horror elements, each level is preceded by a quote from a (usually)famous author-and the quote actually relates to the theme of the level. If you're into artsy indie crap, difficult platformers, or both, get They Bleed Pixels: it's just 10 dollars.

OwO What's This?

🕎 Happy Hanukkah! 🕎
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really like the vignette style interface. What sort of platforming are we looking at? I'm getting Super Meat Boy vibes.

Lackadaisy

kiwifarms.net
I'm so glad that lovecraftian platformers are a thing.

I bought They Bleed Pixels months ago but never finished it, and I'm glad to say I'm getting back into it again.
And when it says they bleed pixels, they mean it.

It's one of those "easy to learn, difficult to master" games and is pretty difficult at times. (I don't think it's as hard as people say it is though)

Not only are there pretty obvious lovecraftian horror elements, each level is preceded by a quote from a (usually)famous author-and the quote actually relates to the theme of the level. If you're into artsy indie crap, difficult platformers, or both, get They Bleed Pixels: it's just 10 dollars.
Love this game and its design. I had trouble playing it with a controller on my PC though.

OwO What's This?

🕎 Happy Hanukkah! 🕎
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mods are what make most games worth it these days imo. I know I wouldn't have played more of an hour of Skyrim without dapper mudcrabs with monocles.
yeah it certainly feels that way. In some ways it's spoiled me, like in the past I would've been fine just tolerating a few flaws, but now every game that has workshop enabled has a high-functioning autist go over the entire thing with a fine toothed comb to perfectly balance and fix everything and also make the game way better

R

RP 520

kiwifarms.net
yeah it certainly feels that way. In some ways it's spoiled me, like in the past I would've been fine just tolerating a few flaws, but now every game that has workshop enabled has a high-functioning autist go over the entire thing with a fine toothed comb to perfectly balance and fix everything and also make the game way better
This is pretty much any Bethesda and Paradox game now. It used to be like that for the Total War games but Creative Assembly (and SEGA, since they own CA) hate modders because of DLC and started intentionally making it harder to mod Total War games around Empire TW. If Bethesda does their paid mod shit then we might see quality drop there too as more popular mods get stuck behind paywalls, causing the downloads to drop, while Bethesda releases ever increasingly lazy games to force people to buy the mods that fix everything.

• Feels
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

OwO What's This?

🕎 Happy Hanukkah! 🕎
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can we vent about the industry in here? I've had a rant bubbling about how stupid it is here and how I'm this close to leaving and making my own indie studio.

Also, anyone got any good new comedy point n clicks? Finished Thimbleweed Park and Darkside Det and had a blast with both.
Of course

as for Comedy point and clicks, you might want to give Paradigm a spin http://store.steampowered.com/app/600370/Paradigm/

West of Loathing came out recently, and although it's NOT a point and click adventure, I think people who are into those sorts of games will enjoy this. It's hilarious, first of all, and there is a degree of puzzle solving and world interaction that certainly does give you an adventure game sort of vibe.

Lackadaisy

kiwifarms.net
Of course

as for Comedy point and clicks, you might want to give Paradigm a spin http://store.steampowered.com/app/600370/Paradigm/

West of Loathing came out recently, and although it's NOT a point and click adventure, I think people who are into those sorts of games will enjoy this. It's hilarious, first of all, and there is a degree of puzzle solving and world interaction that certainly does give you an adventure game sort of vibe.
The game has a sloth in a Trump wig. I am sold.

And he vomits candy?

Morose_Obesity

Let white people enjoy things
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The free "Games with Gold" have been absolute shit lately. I'd rather get a bajillion $5 gem matching, Peggle or other cellphone style kusoge titles than fucking "Runbow" anyway.

Morose_Obesity

Let white people enjoy things
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't recall buying Minecraft but I apparently own it. Wtf am I supposed to do and have fun, exactly? There's no shit to blow up or anything.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino