Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
deus vult motherfuckers.png

ON MY WAY TO PURGE.

This Sunherald Commando is pretty fun so far. Need to develop a better rhythm for spamming charge attacks and Forcewave. If I can funnel enemies through corridors it just murders them.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Just beat Hitman Blood Money.

Gotta say, I can see why it is so well liked. While it heavily relies on trial and error, it is oh so satisfying once you finally manage to pull everything off in regards to taking out the targets. It's probably now my fourth favorite stealth game, behind Splinter Cell Chaos Theory at third, Thief II at second, and Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 tied for first.

Any other stealth titles I should now give a whirl?

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
Any other stealth titles I should now give a whirl?
Sadly, it's a niche market. There aren't a lot of dedicated stealth games. (As opposed to GTA clones with some shitty stealth levels added.)

I hear good things about Manhunt, but it's pretty old.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Still on my stealth game spree, so I am currently going through Mark Of The Ninja (Remastered Version to be precise).

Gotta say, if it keeps up its current level of quality, this could easily rank as my fifth favorite in the genre. And it's a 2D stealth game at that too. I never expected it to be this good. 😊

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
Let me plug this youtuber. I don't go for shooters, but his Doom series is pretty interesting.

Groundbreaking-maize

kiwifarms.net
I sound like an edgelord but ninety percent of anything is crap. The NES library is obnoxiously bad. Same with the N64.

The sixth generation was an anomaly which spoiled us in some ways.

Blast Corps. That is all.

E: Revenge autistic rating by mr "5G vaccines will kill us all". Welcome to the thread I suppose and kill yourself.

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
So they weren't fucking kidding about farming Crypto off of SSDs and regular HDDs.

You now sign up for big blockchain company to use space on your hard drives and you get crypto. So now not only are graphics cards and consoles getting fucked, you have people now buying portable hard drives, regular hard drives, and even fucking USB sticks by the truckloads. There are people who have set up USB stick racks that resemble domino displays because they have daisy chained a bunches of dozens of hundreds of usb ports together.

So I hope you didn't need any actual storage for your data because now that's all been augmented to the Crypto Golem.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
So they weren't fucking kidding about farming Crypto off of SSDs and regular HDDs.

You now sign up for big blockchain company to use space on your hard drives and you get crypto. So now not only are graphics cards and consoles getting fucked, you have people now buying portable hard drives, regular hard drives, and even fucking USB sticks by the truckloads. There are people who have set up USB stick racks that resemble domino displays because they have daisy chained a bunches of dozens of hundreds of usb ports together.

So I hope you didn't need any actual storage for your data because now that's all been augmented to the Crypto Golem.
i hope they buy all the seagate storages, i had one with bad blocks but managed to reserve another for me before this HDD crypto shit that isn't by that shit brand.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Still on my stealth game spree, so I am currently going through Mark Of The Ninja (Remastered Version to be precise).

Gotta say, if it keeps up its current level of quality, this could easily rank as my fifth favorite in the genre. And it's a 2D stealth game at that too. I never expected it to be this good. 😊
Glad I could help, it's a really good game with interesting ideas.

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
How do you all handle video game choice paralysis if you experience it at all? With discounts, stuff like Game Pass with entire libraries of games, emulation and piracy.. I essentially have access to any game I want up to a point. Problem is, I spend a ton of time sitting around looking at my backlog deciding what to play and if I do decide to play something I angst over not playing something else instead.

A very first world problem, but I'd be interested if anyone else here deals with it.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net

the asscreed chronicles ones aren't too bad either, and are pretty cheap these days.
sc blacklist was pretty good too, got a lot of hate for ubisoft trying to soft-reboot the franchise, but on it's own it succeeds what it's supposed to do.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Just finished Mark Of The Ninja. I was quite pleasantly surprised by just how good it was. It really did the legacy of all the stealth titles it was inspired by proud. So yeah, I am definitely confident in having it as my fifth favorite stealth title.

Maybe I'll try going through Escape From Butcher Bay again. That counts as a stealth game right?

Hideous K

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
Valve being sued by the devlopers of Overgrowth for antitrust.
https://www.pcgamer.com/overgrowth-developer-wolfire-games-files-antitrust-lawsuit-against-valve/
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...ticompetitive-practices-class-action-lawsuit/

The nationwide class action was filed in Washington on April 27 by lead Plaintiffs Wolfire Games, William Herbert, and Daniel Escobar. The group alleges that Valve violates federal and state antitrust and unfair competition laws in its domination of the PC gaming market, and is seeking public injunctive relief and damages.
According to the claim, Valve has illegally monopolized the market and distorted and restrained competition through its Steam Store and Steam Gaming Platform.
“Game publishers are forced to use the Steam Store and give Valve 30% of nearly every sale if they want to gain access to the Steam Gaming Platform—access they need in order to sell,” the claim states, adding that the Steam Gaming Platform is the most popular platform on the market with the most users.
In order to afford Valve’s 30 percent commission, game publishers have to raise prices and can no longer afford to invest in innovation and creation, according to the class action lawsuit.
“Gamers are injured by paying higher retail prices caused by Valve’s high commissions. Competition, output, and innovation are suppressed, in ways that can never be fully redressed by damages alone.”
Wolfire Games, a video game publisher in San Francisco, entered into Steam Distribution Agreements with Valve so that its games could be compatible with the popular Steam Gaming Platform, the claim states. In order to have a game on the Steam platform, publishers must agree to sell games through the Steam Store.
The plaintiffs are represented by Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP law firm
The law firm are also responsible for the epic games vs apple suit
Thoughts?

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
I had a customer approach me about working for his crypto currency business. He'd always come in with some goofy t-shirt or cap with the bitcoin logo.

Maybe I should have accepted, but the problem is, I don't believe in shitcoin or his mission. There are easier ways to live off the grid (e.g. precious metals), and people seem to be hoarding it purely as an investment. How is this different from a liquidity trap?

Pustus

Death to the false Emperor
kiwifarms.net
IMO Valve does have a monopoly entirely because there are no other worthwhile platforms. GOG is nice for old games but doesn't do newer games as well, Origin is just EA games, Epic Games store exist to give me free games and steal my data. Steam is quite literally the only platform that gives a relativly good quality expierence to the consumer, so of course it has the greatest market share.

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
How do you all handle video game choice paralysis if you experience it at all?

Good question.

Same as music, I suppose. You can't turn on your musical tastes like a faucet. You have to wait until the mood strikes and play whatever suits you atm. Browsing huge catalogs? That leads me to paralysis.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
IMO Valve does have a monopoly entirely because there are no other worthwhile platforms. GOG is nice for old games but doesn't do newer games as well, Origin is just EA games, Epic Games store exist to give me free games and steal my data. Steam is quite literally the only platform that gives a relativly good quality expierence to the consumer, so of course it has the greatest market share.
this reeks more like some literally who dev wanting some easy marketing piggybacking on the epic/apple kerfuffle. I remember seeing that game years ago on /v/, is it even released yet? and "Competition, output, and innovation are suppressed, in ways that can never be fully redressed by damages alone." sounds like the retarded indie dev shit you constantly hear, like first being pissy about greenlight, then being pissy when everyone can publish on steam and their shitty game gets drowned out. also, if everybody pays 30%, this means the rule applies to everyone. the fuck are those retards talking about competition and output?

How do you all handle video game choice paralysis if you experience it at all? With discounts, stuff like Game Pass with entire libraries of games, emulation and piracy.. I essentially have access to any game I want up to a point. Problem is, I spend a ton of time sitting around looking at my backlog deciding what to play and if I do decide to play something I angst over not playing something else instead.

A very first world problem, but I'd be interested if anyone else here deals with it.
figure out what you're in the mood for, give it a spin and then keep going. what helps for me is that I hardly buy games new or soon after launch, most of my stuff comes from bundles or heavily discounted months/years later because I really wanted it at some point, and most being indies also means they don't overstay their welcome being short and simple enough.
so every game I potentially wanna play is already in my account (and maybe already downloaded), so I don't have to bother with buying shit, deal with buyer's remorse/post-purchase rationalization etc. - the other thing is if I want to play something, I want to play it now. there were 2-3 demos during the last steam games festival I really liked, but won't be out for months. hate that shit.

Last edited: