Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't imagine they'll show Zack being alive in part one and not follow it up right? I hope that's the case, though. I'm stupidly excited to see Cosmo Canyon remade.
They're turning the Fort Condor minigame into a full on SRPG side game and apparently the actual in game fight during Fort Condor in it's place is going to be a bunch of roided out enemies like Hellhouse and Elegor were.

From a Gameplay perspective it's not sounding bad, like they're changing some stuff but trying to balance it out so it makes sense. There's many gameplay aspects in the original that just would not fly today. Changing the genre mid game and making it a mandatory section like the original did for Fort Condor would not come across well today.

I think any shit with Zack might be handled the same way Intergrade is, they're going to be smaller side games.

Ys is the series everybody heard of but no one ever played. VIII was also published by nisa, lot of the target demograpic has a hard "no buy" stance for everything those turds fuck up, which sadly includes Ys VIII since it had plenty of issues. unless the nips get their head out of their asses and look for a proper western publisher they don't really deserve any money, it's the only way to get the message across.
You're not really left with a whole lot of options. XSeed lost both Ys and Legend of Heroes because they took eons to get out and were always riddled with trouble. NISA actually made the series be elevated from it's smaller status and they've become more well known because of them. If you don't go with NISA then that means you usually go with Atlus USA, people have the same complaints that Atlus does about NISA but Atlus commands a much higher premium for their services since they're a bigger company. Aksys is another option since they did Tokyo Xanadu but any type of major translation effort like that strains their resources pretty thin and Xanadu didn't do that well, so they're still hesitant. Ys8 despite it's initial botched translation wound up selling the best out of any of the Ys series.

Really there's so few companies out there for bringing stuff over to the US and translating it when it comes to games. I mean unless you're looking at the larger companies like Capcom or Square Enix who can afford to publish stuff, but they're not really interested in smaller titles. Most of the Falcom RPGs get limited exclusivity deals which help in their development funding. So you need one of the platforms to invest in them first.

Last edited:

Antarctic Hellbeast

"Roaming the ice fields of Antarctica"
kiwifarms.net
Can't find a Destiny 2 thread after 2017 in the search, so this is the next best thing I guess.

Still on the fence about buying beyond light. Forsaken had more things to do when it was that price.
Its awfully expensive for 1 planet no one gives a shit about and 1 raid that has some pretty cool exclusive loot.

The gameplay is still as good as ever and the only saving grace of this dumpster fire.

Would it be worth it to get Beyond light or just get something else?

Antarctic Hellbeast

kiwifarms.net
>destiny 2
anything else just on principle.

thanks for advice. Wont be wasting money on it.

Trans at Bungo is another reason to not waste any more time on D2.
(The Farms documents troons and their typical behavior quite well and surprised Nu-Bungie doesn't have a thread.)

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
thanks for advice. Wont be wasting money on it.

Trans at Bungo is another reason to not waste any more time on D2.
(The Farms documents troons and their typical behavior quite well and surprised Nu-Bungie doesn't have a thread.)
I mean after their CM actively shit on the playerbase, with bunghole's track record and that big brain move to actually remove content people paid for, who would still give them money?

bigger question why'd you wanna play it and what else you could play instead, there are plenty of games where you shoot ppl and collect colorful pixel to make numbers go higher these days.

Untrue and Dishonest

I have no hole and I must dilate
kiwifarms.net
1621102363275.png

>literally a janny simulator
The game is still good though. I had lots of fun playing it.

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
Holy fuck!!

Inazuma Eleven: Great Road of Heroes fucking lives!! And it looks much better than the 2017, 2018 and 2019 builds. Much better.

This is great news. Inazuma Eleven games are insanely fun. They are basically soccer, Dragon Ball and Pokemon wrapped up into one. Hopefully Level 5 will bring it to the West like they said they would.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Xcom 2 is a technical marvel to me in that it runs equally as shit no matter what the platform. This article says the loading times are even the same as the PS4 when running it on a PlayStation 5, despite how one of the PS5's biggest selling points is its crazy-fast SSD that otherwise minimizes them. And I can personally attest to the loading times being about the same between the PS4 and Switch versions.

I don't get it, it's like the game was purposefully designed to be janky.

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
Xcom 2 is a technical marvel to me in that it runs equally as shit no matter what the platform. This article says the loading times are even the same as the PS4 when running it on a PlayStation 5, despite how one of the PS5's biggest selling points is its crazy-fast SSD that otherwise minimizes them. And I can personally attest to the loading times being about the same between the PS4 and Switch versions.

The universe is subtly suggesting that you play the infinitely superior XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within instead. It also runs great on everything, including fucking iPads.

Antarctic Hellbeast

kiwifarms.net
The universe is subtly suggesting that you play the infinitely superior XCOM Enemy Unknown/Within instead. It also runs great on everything, including fucking iPads.
Xcom 2 did feel like a downgrade in every way. Did not have the mech suits that were in Within and tried pushing the 50 different genders being "diverse" bullshit that troons do to spread their zombie mind virus as well as any other game that came after in the series did like Chimera squad as a blatant SJW troon simulator.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That game was kind of a non-starter for me, with how it had that whole system where different regions of the world fund the Xcom project, but then later on they keep pulling out and then I can't afford the sattelites they want, and even when I could I didn't have enough of whatever macguffin I need to have more than two sattelites at a time, and the regions still got mad and pulled funding and then I gave up and several years later decided to see if the sequel was any better

I guess I could have just looked up a guide on what exactly you do with all of that, but I really wasn't into the base management stuff at the time, I just wanted the tactical combat, since it looked like Fire Emblem with guns.

Also I've heard the Vita port is really bad for whatever reason

Xcom 2 did feel like a downgrade in every way. Did not have the mech suits that were in Within and tried pushing the 50 different genders being "diverse" bullshit that troons do to spread their zombie mind virus as well as any other game that came after in the series did like Chimera squad as a blatant SJW troon simulator.

Games with the troon virus are well known to make all the women ugly, but I don't think I've seen one in a game that's ghastlier than Shen:

XCOM2_LilyShen.png

Mechwarrior 5 is being released on steam. I know literally nothing abouth the game and can't find any reviews that go beyond "you pilot mech and shoot", seems there is more to it- strategy? quests? is it a rogue-like?
I remember playing some ancient mechwarrior games in the 90s while I was a wee lad, I liked Battletech and dont have anything against the universes lore.
Will I like that game? Is it good? What are the strategy and quest elements?

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Apparently, it mixes elements from Online and Battletech, and is a bit more simplified. I can't really say more than that, since I have absolutely zero experience with that franchise.

On a different note, being a fan of the Wolfenstein games, I finally decided to playthrough Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I gotta say, now having finished it, while it does have a few rough parts here and there, it has held up remarkably well. Not sure if it, Wolfenstein 2009, or Wolfenstein The New Order is my favorite now.

Groundbreaking-maize

kiwifarms.net
Evil genius 2 any good? Have some steam credit burning a hole in my pocket.

They fixed the loading times in the war of the chosen expansion.

Apparently, it mixes elements from Online and Battletech, and is a bit more simplified. I can't really say more than that, since I have absolutely zero experience with that franchise.

On a different note, being a fan of the Wolfenstein games, I finally decided to playthrough Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I gotta say, now having finished it, while it does have a few rough parts here and there, it has held up remarkably well. Not sure if it, Wolfenstein 2009, or Wolfenstein The New Order is my favorite now.

Thanks for the info.
And you should really play RealRTCW mod for the Return To Castle Wolfenstein. It doesnt add any maps, no new enemies, nothing at the core of the game is change. Just tweaks to difficulty, graphics and a bunch of new weapons, like MP-34.

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
That game was kind of a non-starter for me, with how it had that whole system where different regions of the world fund the Xcom project, but then later on they keep pulling out and then I can't afford the sattelites they want, and even when I could I didn't have enough of whatever macguffin I need to have more than two sattelites at a time, and the regions still got mad and pulled funding and then I gave up and several years later decided to see if the sequel was any better

I guess I could have just looked up a guide on what exactly you do with all of that, but I really wasn't into the base management stuff at the time, I just wanted the tactical combat, since it looked like Fire Emblem with guns.
Yeah if you fuck up the satellites, you've fucked up and failed the Earth. Early game is all about ramping up satellite production and getting some sort of beam weapon. When you get to the "research hyperwave relay" part, you can simply ignore researching it and stall the game out to farm materials and build up a good force. There are a couple objectives like that which pause forward progress and allow you to fuck around, if you know what you're looking for.

First couple playthroughs though... it's probably gonna end in failure.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>find rare game on Amazon
>new seller with minimum feedback selling it way below usual price
>check their store, it's not pages and pages of random household items and only has a few dozen things
>alright I'll take a chance, worse comes to worse I'll call amazon myself if they try to run out the clock and issue a false shipping label
>get message it will be here today

I must have hit it right, I was expecting it to take ages since it said it's coming from out of the country. I've still got shit I was importing from Europe and Asia that's been held up for months. But those are much bigger items.

Antarctic Hellbeast

kiwifarms.net
Mechwarrior 5 is being released on steam. I know literally nothing abouth the game and can't find any reviews that go beyond "you pilot mech and shoot", seems there is more to it- strategy? quests? is it a rogue-like?
I remember playing some ancient mechwarrior games in the 90s while I was a wee lad, I liked Battletech and dont have anything against the universes lore.
Will I like that game? Is it good? What are the strategy and quest elements?
No. its missing more than half the official pre 2010 mech roster and not just clan mechs.(not that troons create anything anyway)

It Also runs terribly.

Last edited: