Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Just finished replaying Wolfenstein The New Order (and got all the Steam Achievements for it as well).

I gotta say, even though the entries after it kind of dropped the ball, it still holds up really well. Heck, it's easily one of my favorite shooters from the 2010s, and one of my favorites period.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Just finished replaying Wolfenstein The New Order (and got all the Steam Achievements for it as well).

I gotta say, even though the entries after it kind of dropped the ball, it still holds up really well. Heck, it's easily one of my favorite shooters from the 2010s, and one of my favorites period.
stopped playing midway because the story became just too nonsensical and the caricatures too silly. apparently the exaggerated retarded nazis running around were competent enough to hold on to absolute power for 20 years while getting completely blindsided when some dude rambos it's way to the capital and let a resistance movement exist the whole time?
I don't need highly intellectual backstory for my killing nazis simulator, but is it too much to ask to put some effort in? even 2009 was better than that imo.

Nope, it says code only.
well, no idea then. maybe some intern punched in the wrong price for the wrong game. last official price was still $35 according to isthereanydeal, so good luck.

Chili_Shambo_4919

green-grape enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Played Mad Max, thought it was alright, it just really didn't have anything that could keep me hooked that much apart from wanting a car deadlier than the roaming enemies', i'm pretty sure that's the only thing that pushed me towards grinding side stories and exploring other locations, the story was decent but nothing too amazing, i must say that even if some people disagree, the pursuit special (or black on black) is easily one of the shittiest end-game rewards you can ever get in a game.

ducktales4gameboy

make videogames hard again
kiwifarms.net
Shadowrun Returns was good for that.

Dead Man's Switch is too easy. Hong Kong is lethargic. Dragonfall is best. I rolled a Troll Adept, which is almost a contradiction in terms. I named him Mauer, which is German for "Wall." I did not train him to use a katana, which halved his damage output. No cyberware apart from the Adrenal Pump you normally get. This is essentially playing the game on hard mode. Mauer was slow on his feet and couldn't use firearms. I tried to max out his STR without sacrificing the needed buffs. By chance, he landed the killing blow on the last boss, ramming his spiked gauntlet through Audran's chest repeatedly.
I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who hated Hong Kong. Dragonfall was a blast though and reminded me of the old Spiderweb Software rpgs I used to suck at as a kid.

Steamboxes never took off because they were overpriced, underpowered Debian OS PCs aimed at a market that doesn't give a shit about computers.
I still feel like they came close but whiffed at the last moment. There should've been one single steambox hardware variant with a low pricepoint and fixed hardware specs. Bundle a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse, a copy of the orange box and no gamepad. Offer the steam controller, a headset and a steam gift card in a more expensive sku.

If they did this they could easily shim a performance tool into Steam itself and have games autopopulate with their performance metrics. Seeing 'RUNS ON STEAMBOX - EXCELLENT - 1080p60 MEDIUM' in a game's infobox would be a big selling point and very useful even if you didn't have a steambox.

it's physical, so at one point they need to make space for new stock, hence fire sale price.
you can usually see it with a whole pile of bombed games in the bargain bin, the same principle applies.
Dropping in from the collectors market thread with the forever protip: If you have a physical GameStop nearby and are willing to drop some spare cash on long term investments go raid their clearance section every couple weeks and buy anything under 5 dollars that's sealed and not by a big name publisher. You're guaranteed about a 10$ ROI on almost everything at minimum if you're willing to wait a few years.

IneptRobot

Hench4Life
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who hated Hong Kong. Dragonfall was a blast though and reminded me of the old Spiderweb Software rpgs I used to suck at as a kid.
The only redeeming quality Hong Kong has is the updated models, they're pretty good, I know you can move the DMS story into Dragonfall, I wonder if you can play the Dragonfall story in the Hong Kong edition for the better Shamans and updated models.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
(Video game journalist) Kat Bailey is a tranny right? The voice definitely says so but my Googlefu must be rusty because I can't find anything other than the occasional pro-tranny article. No deadname or anything. Can anyone confirm or deny?

And there are the pregnancy pics. I guess that deconfirms it.

Esmeraude

少しの将来はない~
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to play Breath of the Wild for the first time soon so I'm putting my ducks in a row now before it arrives so I can no life it for a while lmao

chris driver

kiwifarms.net
guys, quick question: should i make a thread regarding PS3 free games and where to get some from the online PS3 store before it closes down forever on july the 5th, or is this a lost cause?
im asking for a friend.

Grey Donovan

kiwifarms.net
guys, quick question: should i make a thread regarding PS3 free games and where to get some from the online PS3 store before it closes down forever on july the 5th, or is this a lost cause?
im asking for a friend.
Sony is no longer shutting down the PS3 or Vita store anytime soon. Only the PSP store is being shut down this year. You’re fine.

Dagobert

Token Jew Supporter
kiwifarms.net
Anybody here played Shapezio? I've recently been playing it, and the pretty colors and shapes make my autismo brain happy.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Xbox Game Pass is really confusing in what Bethesda games they offer. Doom 2016? No. Eternal is there along with 1 & 2 & 3 and 64. Evil Within 2? No, just the first one. Dishonored 1 & 2, yes. Wolfenstein the New Order, yes. New Colossus? No, but Young Blood is there. No Fallout 3 or New Vegas either.

Jasper2K

kiwifarms.net
Xbox Game Pass is really confusing in what Bethesda games they offer. Doom 2016? No. Eternal is there along with 1 & 2 & 3 and 64. Evil Within 2? No, just the first one. Dishonored 1 & 2, yes. Wolfenstein the New Order, yes. New Colossus? No, but Young Blood is there. No Fallout 3 or New Vegas either.
Actually New Vegas is on gamepass. Which make it more perplexing why Fallout 3 isn't there. Maybe Microsoft forgot they own it.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Your thoughts on his critique of Dante?

"I think my hatred for Dante stems from who he is and what he is, with all due respect, is an insufferable c***! He's that guy you went to college with is what I'm getting at. That guy who thinks he's God's gift to the world, acts like he's so much better than everyone else that it becomes all the more delightful watching him get his s*** ruined by someone else. Or to put it another way, he's that character I tend to notice in a lot of Japanese media.

The borderline self insert wish fulfilment who is ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS in the cinematics of the game. Pulling gravity and logic defying bulls**t as a means to show off or convey to the audience "SHOWER THIS CHARACTER WITH AWE AND RESPECT!" yet when the game begins after a 10 minute cutscene you can't even replicate what you just witnessed. It's one thing to tell us characters such as Dante or Lightning from Final Fantasy are "awesome" yet unless we can actually do the utter bollocks you cram into the cutscenes then the character is only awesome because you say so.

Now Batman as much as I'm loathed to admit this IS awesome, for in the Arkham Games you CAN do all the shit he does in cutscenes. I guess you can say he's awesomely consistent. It's not really Dante's fault but it's a design choice I've come to loathe with Japanese games. An unnecessarily long opening cinematic, showcasing what the director would like us to think about their special little character, which in most cases has the opposite effect. Maybe I'm cut from a different cloth but I don't go for what I consider "a 13 year olds idea of awesome!" but if you've read my series you'll notice I tend to go for a misogynistic wanker who gets his ass kicked faster than you can say "Can I grab your tits?"

Raiden is a character I long suspected of this bulls**t, but in Metal Gear Rising you are able to perform crazier s**t in gameplay so I'll admit I was wrong about my break dancing cyborg ninja friend. So while Raiden from Metal Gear Rising dodged this accusation, I have a special place in Hell reserved for the likes of Dante and Lighting. Self insert mother....."

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
I still think it's the gold standard of DMC games, it's got that perfect early 2000's aesthetic and devil may care attitude.
Also; that link lol, who was still making sprite/webcomics after 2008?
DMC 1&3 were such a joyous thing to play when they came out, they both legit amazed me. I've laughed and chuckled at many games before that but when he got the guitar in 3. Jeez, it was beyond humor, it was traditional 80's butt-rock! Yngwie Malmsteen, Stevie Vai and Michael Angelo Batio would shed a tear at his self-indulgent shred fest. This can's possibly be part of the game! I can't remember anything that fun/dumb having been in a game to crack up the mood at around that time.

Last edited: