Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• DDoS is active again.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
It's impressive how GW went from being seemingly reluctant to licensing out the Warhammer brand, to being picky, to know when it seems like even small indie developers are putting out jank under the Warhammer 40K banner.

21 years of WH40k games, from 1992 to 2013. Most of the titles listed are Dawn of War expansions.
View attachment 2246462

Then from 2014 to 2022 this happened.
View attachment 2246463View attachment 2246464
wasn't there a change in management at some point? vaguely remember something like that but cba to look it up right now.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Someone dug up receipts of the FNAF guy donating money to Republicans and now Twitter is screaming betrayal and trying to cancel him.
He wrote extensively years ago on how his religious beliefs helped him through hard times and how his belief in God made him sustain a work ethic with his coding even in times of self doubt.

And they're surprised he leans conservative?

he's basically a Terry A Davis just without the insane outbursts. His first games he made were even religious themed.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Yang avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
I think Bungie's Oni was a good idea somewhat badly executed. It's one of the titles that haunt me for how much potential the formula has.
I hear people say stuff like that from time to time. I think I had it for PS2 at some point. I remember it being uninteresting and visually unimpressive, even for an early PS2 game. I think they were just trying to cash in on the anime/manga boom of the early '00s by barfing out a game with an anime aesthetic (see also that mecha FPS game that Civvie made that video about).

But it does remind me of the time before MS buy-out, back when Bungie actually made games that weren't FPSes. Remember Abuse? Myth?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He wrote extensively years ago on how his religious beliefs helped him through hard times and how his belief in God made him sustain a work ethic with his coding even in times of self doubt.

And they're surprised he leans conservative?

he's basically a Terry A Davis just without the insane outbursts. His first games he made were even religious themed.
I’m pretty sure a large part of the fanbase(and the ones that are being pissy) only cared about animatronic animals to fuck.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
Haha degenerate furries DEUS VULT'D by making a religious conservative rich after he worked hard.

I bet Sony didn't care about that either before they put his game on one of their pozzed announcement streams, now they're forever connected.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
I hear people say stuff like that from time to time. I think I had it for PS2 at some point. I remember it being uninteresting and visually unimpressive, even for an early PS2 game. I think they were just trying to cash in on the anime/manga boom of the early '00s by barfing out a game with an anime aesthetic (see also that mecha FPS game that Civvie made that video about).

But it does remind me of the time before MS buy-out, back when Bungie actually made games that weren't FPSes. Remember Abuse? Myth?
It wasn't meant to ride on the anime boom of the early 2000's, the game was actually meant to be released in 1999. They spent a lot of money on that game, including hiring architects to make the buildings and interiors realistic. The environments were completely barren, there wasn't enough horsepower to fill them with stuff but hey, at least they tried.

Oni fucking sucks most of the time but there are flashes of brilliance for a second or two when everything works.

Blamo

N/A
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't meant to ride on the anime boom of the early 2000's, the game was actually meant to be released in 1999. They spent a lot of money on that game, including hiring architects to make the buildings and interiors realistic. The environments were completely barren, there wasn't enough horsepower to fill them with stuff but hey, at least they tried.

Oni fucking sucks most of the time but there are flashes of brilliance for a second or two when everything works.
It is basically an overtly ambitious PS1 game released on the PS2. I liked the free form combat, but they not only cut corners, but downgraded the graphics, cut the story and the multiplayer. The E3 presentation shown a much better looking game.

My favorite was the non dialogue they had in the cutscenes where not only the characters didn't move their mouth but didn't had any body language either. Sure FF7 in 1997 didn't had voice acting but at least the chibi models acted while delivering exposition.

I guess as a Bungie's second studio they just lacked the money. I am all for independence as a studio, but it is hard enough to run one studio and keep it afloat without the deep pockets of a publisher, adding Bungie West to the mix just make things harder. It reminds me of how Crytek had all those studios back then.

Sure, the Rules of aqusition say expand or die, but you need to have a enough money around to not die from the expansion.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
Why it specifically?
What SW Galaxies has over other MMORPGs anyway? Building your own house?
Jesus, what can I even say about SWG that will do it justice? Many people consider it the greatest MMO of all time, and there's a reason there's multiple private servers out there each with a thousand concurrent players at any given time. There's more people playing SWG on rogue servers in 2021 than some actual live retail MMOs.

Read this if you want to know more about the game.

Basically this new server that just launched combines two eras of the game, the CU and NGE. It's about as close to perfect as possible.

Jesus, what can I even say about SWG that will do it justice? Many people consider it the greatest MMO of all time, and there's a reason there's multiple private servers out there each with a thousand concurrent players at any given time. There's more people playing SWG on rogue servers in 2021 than some actual live retail MMOs.

Read this if you want to know more about the game.

Basically this new server that just launched combines two eras of the game, the CU and NGE. It's about as close to perfect as possible.

What I mean is- I keep reading the same general descriptions of SW:G all the time without any specifics.
What kills MMORPGs for me is the circle "get the quest- kill N monsters- get money and XP- repeat- repeat- get a level up- move to another area and repeat".
I havent seen any MMORPG that wasnt boring as fuck.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
What I mean is- I keep reading the same general descriptions of SW:G all the time without any specifics.
What kills MMORPGs for me is the circle "get the quest- kill N monsters- get money and XP- repeat- repeat- get a level up- move to another area and repeat".
I havent seen any MMORPG that wasnt boring as fuck.
either you don't like grind (which is fair enough, but almost every game these days has some shitty tacked on progression) or you need to play something else that doesn't follow WoW's outdated design principles (like MUH HIGHER NUMBER to fool retards, because doing 10% more damage on mobs with 10% more health is totally an increase in power...)
MMOs still work for me because you got persistent progression with a social aspect, and if the grind is designed well enough I don't notice it I can live with it, even gw2 can work in that regard if you can ignore the shit-tier story, dumb character writing and crap class/combat design (ESO does pretty much everything anusnet set out to do better, even their wokeshit).

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
It’s safe to say that the majority of the FNAF “fandom” did not know anything about Scott Cawthon prior to FNAF.
I’m pretty sure a large part of the fanbase(and the ones that are being pissy) only cared about animatronic animals to fuck.
FNAF fans have always been fucking retarded. These are the same people that will defend MattPat for making retarded conspiracy videos about the lore even though Scott Cawthorn himself told him he's dead fucking wrong.

I'm glad twitter is having a shitstorm about it. Hopefully they can all fuck off somewhere else.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Probably the most pants-shittingly insane acid trip of a game I never even knew existed, in two parts narrated by a couple of homos. Probably the funniest vidya game footage I have ever seen and it only gets more insane and ridiculous as time goes on.

Ecstatica was fucking fantastic but the sequel sucks. It had a Nemesis/Mr X like character in the werewolf and a lot of small and fun touches. Getting plate armor that makes you almost invincible can be done within the first five minutes, problem is that you can't really move in it. The combat is clunky and the sequel focused on combat and not exploration.

They were working on another game, Urban Decay, that got cancelled. In retrospect it seemed like it would have been something that could be described as an open world Max Payne, but who knows.
games urban-decay-game-pc-00006.jpggames urban-decay-game-pc-00007.jpggames urban-decay-game-pc-00008.jpggames urban-decay-game-pc-00009.jpg

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net