Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• DDoS is active again.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
A shame tbh cause the lore is actually quite nice ( and yes I play fnaf )
A lot of people say Scott keeps making it up on the fly, and to an extent, I can see where they are coming from. Otherwise yea it's probably the more interesting thing about the games.

I just hate the fact that he decided to tie the book canon to the game canon when the original idea was that they were supposed to be separate from each other. To make things worse, he decided to stick secrets in one of them that supposedly explains lots of shit about the game lore in general.

I gave up trying to go down that autistic rabbit-hole once I found that out.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just want to say that Power Stone for the Sega Dreamcast is a very well-done game.

664AC824-DC7F-448B-9061-D0A2910F7531.jpeg

I even recently saw on eBay that the PSP version for the official collection has gone for about $70. Some prices are higher, but I’d love to add it as a collectors’ item.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
No one told me that Microprose is back with a game that doesn look like total ass
Man, that's really cool. I love that they kept the old art style and in my mind that is exactly how sharp and smooth games like Flanker, Falcon and others always looked and felt.

25 year old flight sim.
su27flanker.gifsu27flanker1.gif

The one they're about to release.
su27_not.jpgsu27_not1.jpg

One benefit of using that style is that the system requirements are "Pentium 4 or better".

Groundbreaking-maize

kiwifarms.net
Man, that's really cool. I love that they kept the old art style and in my mind that is exactly how sharp and smooth games like Flanker, Falcon and others always looked and felt.

25 year old flight sim.
View attachment 2274939View attachment 2274940

The one they're about to release.
View attachment 2274944View attachment 2274945

One benefit of using that style is that the system requirements are "Pentium 4 or better".
Looks more like "68020 processor or better."

Cats

Cats
kiwifarms.net
Oh so it is a game. I thought it might be a disney pixar thing so I linked it in the Q&A. Cursed fucking screenshot

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Yang avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Oh so it is a game. I thought it might be a disney pixar thing so I linked it in the Q&A. Cursed fucking screenshot
Yeah, that's Balan Wonderworld, directed by Yuji Naka of Sonic and Nights: Into Dreams fame. It was released a couple weeks ago to a resounding thud. The PS5 version has the highest MetaCritic score and it's just 51/100. The graphics and cartoony aesthetic was actually one of the high points.

AsianChris

The non-rapist version from true Korea
kiwifarms.net
I've just bought an hdmi adapter and ressurected my ps2. I'm having so much joy. Maybe I'll revisit some ps3 games next.

KrisNardz

kiwifarms.net
I'm interested in getting an Xbox Series X soon and I was wondering, which has better value, Xbox Game Pass or Steam sales? 🤔

trent

kiwifarms.net
I'm interested in getting an Xbox Series X soon and I was wondering, which has better value, Xbox Game Pass or Steam sales? 🤔

You can do the prepaid Live cards stacking trick with Gamepass and get 3 years worth for around 150 bucks (so around 4 quid a month).

Steam sales happen really frequently now but the price reductions aren't as good as they used to be and they usually don't make many mistakes updating the prices of stuff any more (that's where i saved a bunch on stuff in years past).

KrisNardz

kiwifarms.net
You can do the prepaid Live cards stacking trick with Gamepass and get 3 years worth for around 150 bucks (so around 4 quid a month).

Steam sales happen really frequently now but the price reductions aren't as good as they used to be and they usually don't make many mistakes updating the prices of stuff any more (that's where i saved a bunch on stuff in years past).
Welp. Guess that means I'll be picking up an Xbox Series X or S soon.