Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Water-T

The Pork-trait of Darian Gray
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ONE of the best video games? Agreed.

THE best, though? There are waaaaay too many choices out there to narrow it down to one definitive game.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Bandai Namco released a statement that it plans to do better in the future, and to prove this, their first step is.... changing their logo?

BandaiNamco01.png
BandaiNamco02.png
BandaiNamco03.png

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
Wow, it's shit. It also looks like they took twitchlogo.eps, flipped it horizontally, changed the color, and added the wordmark.

The blobby logo had some fun personality. This looks like the logo for, I don't know, yet another generic chat app?

Whatever. Maybe it looks less out of place on slot machines.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
ok? but will this get us a remake of giogios bizarre adventure for the ps2
Nothing has come of the Tales of questionnaire that they did awhile back asking about re-releases.

These faggots are hot of the success of Tales of Arise and used their new logo to stir up controversy, it's marketing faggotry 101 to get you to talk about the company(seriously nobody has given a rat's fucking ass about Bamco's logo this much before). Nothing of substance has been announced for anything game related.

gaystoner

Ants in my Afterbirth
kiwifarms.net
Bandai Namco released a statement that it plans to do better in the future, and to prove this, their first step is.... changing their logo?

View attachment 2589791View attachment 2589792View attachment 2589793
Thats great BandaiNamco...Now deal with the fucking hackers in Shinobi Strikers which is by far one of the best Arena brawlers made that has such a large variety of abilities/combos possible but its entirely ruined by Hackers and...4 team match making going up against groups of randoms.

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
In a bit of Forza news, the DeLorean DMC-12 will be returning to Forza Horizon 5:

1633408404292.png

The big deal about this was back in Forza Motorsport 4, when you took a look at the DeLorean in Autovista mode in that game, Jeremy Clarkson made some not-so positive comments about the car. The owners of the DeLorean at the time got so salty about Clarkson's comments that the said comments were removed from the game, and they refused to license the car in subsequent Forza games, until now.

Cardenio

#SlavaChargers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am anxiously awaiting for Inscryption to be released in a couple weeks. Right now you can play the demo on Steam and the presentation is just amazing. It's a mixture of a basic roguelike card game but set in a creepy environment. You're basically stuck in a room with a monster which all you can see is his eyes. He also has a variety of creepy masks to change the mood. Also the cards can talk to you which is neat.

The developer Daniel Mullins made the highly entertaining Pony Island which is on sale right now for really cheap. Pony Island lasts a couple hours but those two hours are a lot of fun with some cleverly designed puzzles.

Serbian Peacekeepers

Defenders of Biden
kiwifarms.net
Stormworks released the weapons dlc yesterday , its about as buggy and unpolished as you would expect , buy carrier command 2 instead

Darsheel

Currently hitting the drum
kiwifarms.net
I haven't had any issues like that tbh but I have noticed the console does get hot. I'll probably face these issues over time but I've had it for over 10 years at this point playing it on and off for various sessions with no sweat. I got it when it was basically being phased out from gamestops and I just wanted to get it while it was cheap. You also have to keep in mind there's so many iterations of both the fat and slim ps2s so a lot of the early PS2 fats have really unreliable lasers until you get to the 3900x series. 7000x slims have the burning up laser coil issue but ever other iteration does not, but that slim is the only model that still has HDD support so it all depends what you're looking to get from your PS2. Fats are nice since they have HDD support but older model variants are just ass with laser issues. I could be missing out on some important details but this is the small amount of info I gathered from google so take that as you will.
Personal experience: It's a good console
5 min online google search: It's good but it depends on the model number
Which model would you recommend phat or slim and which model is the best

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
So who the fuck is Fifa going to run to, Ubisoft?
Open-world soccer. You can go anywhere on the field and you get a special achievement if you find and collect all 100 cleats and 250 shin guards.

Jokes aside, while it'd be good to see the FIFA license go to some company that won't put literal slot machines in their games, wake me up if/when EA finally loses the exclusive NFL license.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
wake me up if/when EA finally loses the exclusive NFL license.
Man if that ever fucking happens that's going to be like a major earth shattering event in gaming history. They've had madden since the 16 bit era and if they lose that, it's over. Nobody will buy a Madden with the unofficial team colors and inaccurate players.