Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
FBwh_8XX0AsMVzu.jpg:large

FBwiA3BXIAIqiPm.jpg:large

Future.
My favourite videogame is filling surveys, they give me lots of cents.

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
The Russian/Ukrainian Team Spirit won the Dota 2 Internationals, btw. LGD forever second place.

I loved all of the jokes and memes that popped up in regards to Team Spirit. From having the worst room in the hotel for the Group Stages (although Valve and PGL did get them a better room, after social media backlash), TORONTOTOKYO saying "ez game" against the defending two-time champions OG (which is even more hilarious because Riot Games announced that they'll remove all chat from League of Legends games, to "combat toxicity"), defeating fellow CIS team Virtus.Pro after they have lost something like 28 or so games against them, Yatoro playing so many different heroes that production ran out of space to showcase them, Yatoro getting 3 Rampages during this TI, and then winning it all.

Last edited:

Michael Wade

Jesus Christ is king, the way, and the life.
kiwifarms.net
Technical question here. What's the BEST possible laptop for emulation?

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
Technical question here. What's the BEST possible laptop for emulation?
Probably anything made in the past 2-3 years as long as its not some shitty 300$. Really even a shitty cheapo laptop new enough to have windows 10 would be good enough unless you want to emulate Demons Souls for the ps3 or something.

Honestly, my android is quite the emulation machine too and if you're in the US all it takes is finding a model with a snapdragon chipset, those are excellent for emulation. I just bring up android because I assume you're interested in the portability of a laptop.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh come on, we all know a non-EA FIFA will be pure mobile gacha, no soccer game included. People that wants to play a soccer game will still buy EA.
If it lacks the official teams, players, and colors, they won't buy.

They would honestly buy a gatcha if it has everything "authentic"

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Probably anything made in the past 2-3 years as long as its not some shitty 300$. Really even a shitty cheapo laptop new enough to have windows 10 would be good enough unless you want to emulate Demons Souls for the ps3 or something.

Honestly, my android is quite the emulation machine too and if you're in the US all it takes is finding a model with a snapdragon chipset, those are excellent for emulation. I just bring up android because I assume you're interested in the portability of a laptop.
or buy a steam deck :>

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
or buy a steam deck :>
not gonna lie I wish I had waited longer before dropping the money on my current android, steam deck looks really cool. SD850g is greatfor emulation but sadly it still likes to stutter with a handful of saturn games unless I run them in the sanshiro standalone app (I think the standalone does some hacks to make games run better). The performance I get out of wii/GC games is nuts though. I got a controller for my phone that turns it into a switch basically and I play most of my retrogames that way now.

vita.png

Still, a deck probably would have been the better purchase but I needed a phone anyway.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
I am anxiously awaiting for Inscryption to be released in a couple weeks. Right now you can play the demo on Steam and the presentation is just amazing. It's a mixture of a basic roguelike card game but set in a creepy environment. You're basically stuck in a room with a monster which all you can see is his eyes. He also has a variety of creepy masks to change the mood. Also the cards can talk to you which is neat.

The developer Daniel Mullins made the highly entertaining Pony Island which is on sale right now for really cheap. Pony Island lasts a couple hours but those two hours are a lot of fun with some cleverly designed puzzles.
I just finished it tonight. It was a very entertaining game that ended up being a lot more than I thought it was going to be.

Cardenio

#SlavaChargers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just finished it tonight. It was a very entertaining game that ended up being a lot more than I thought it was going to be.
Haven't finished it yet but I feel ya. Mullins designs his game to be more story based than anything. Still the basic card game is pretty enjoyable although definitely no Slay The Spire which for me is one of the best video games ever made.

The reviews are exceedingly positive right now and it seems the game stays fun through the whole playthrough. I hope Mullins at least patches in an endless mode where you can see how long you last against the Gamemaker/Antagonist.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
Haven't finished it yet but I feel ya. Mullins designs his game to be more story based than anything. Still the basic card game is pretty enjoyable although definitely no Slay The Spire which for me is one of the best video games ever made.

The reviews are exceedingly positive right now and it seems the game stays fun through the whole playthrough. I hope Mullins at least patches in an endless mode where you can see how long you last against the Gamemaker/Antagonist.
I definitely enjoyed the story more than just about any other game I’ve played; I did not expect to care about the characters as much as I ended up doing. There were moments that actually had me screaming at my screen in excitement.

He could patch in at least 3 distinct endless modes, with maybe implementation of two more bosses!

You should PM me when you finish the game, I’d love to know what you thought about the later parts.

Last edited: