Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Becomemysoulreaver

kiwifarms.net
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I don't know if there is a gamedev thread so I'll post this here for now.
I've been fucking around with Unity 3d and I ended up making this shit

Plunkie

kiwifarms.net
Played through Inscryption and finally beat it today. Amazing game, although I was pretty burnt out by the time the 3rd act came around.

One of my favorite parts of Mullins games are that there's always more to it than just the game itself. This one is no different, and it apparently spans across all of his games now. Pony Island and The Hex have been updated recently and now include clues/secrets relating to Inscryption.

Not gonna go schizo on the ARG but it's fun watching the Inscryption discord go insane right now

Slimy Time

Foot fetish gone too far.
kiwifarms.net
Bought Wildermyth since it's on sale, decided to play it a bit after an early dinner going into the weekend....and then realised I had sat there and sunk about 7 hours into it in one sitting.. Simple game, but it is fun.

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
Not sure how popular mecha are here but good lord am I excited for Super Robot Wars 30th. Put some time into the demo and while I'm confused about some of the design choices, it's still a solid experience.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure how popular mecha are here but good lord am I excited for Super Robot Wars 30th. Put some time into the demo and while I'm confused about some of the design choices, it's still a solid experience.
I've got mixed feelings on it, they have not overhauled the mechanics by any major degree and I hope they don't crank up the tedium to try and fill time.

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
I've got mixed feelings on it, they have not overhauled the mechanics by any major degree and I hope they don't crank up the tedium to try and fill time.
I could definitely see that being an issue, with the grindable fights being added. Personally not a fan of the cut to black after each attack, I find it jarring. On the flip side, I like that supporters give a passive buff now. Never really needed them in T.

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tried Elyon today, pretty nice game (I'm still way too early in the game to know if it sucks ass fully but so far it's been good). Don't try melee classes though, they suck major dinkle, try out the gun/elementalist/healer. Haven't gotten gold-locked or anything like that either, so I'm waiting for the hammer to drop somewhere along the line.

Dr. Geronimo

MFW learning Linux
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Besides the Gamecube and Steam controllers, are there any other controllers out there that use dual stage triggers?

albert the programmer

Programming and fixing up computers in 2022
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think playing Hades on the Nintendo Switch was a really good idea. I know others had fun playing on the PC, but I think it also adds a new experience when you get to play it on the go as well.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
Played through Inscryption and finally beat it today. Amazing game, although I was pretty burnt out by the time the 3rd act came around.

One of my favorite parts of Mullins games are that there's always more to it than just the game itself. This one is no different, and it apparently spans across all of his games now. Pony Island and The Hex have been updated recently and now include clues/secrets relating to Inscryption.

Not gonna go schizo on the ARG but it's fun watching the Inscryption discord go insane right now
The game just sorta ends with the third act, leaving you with your dick in your hand and an ARG that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay. ARGs are cool if that's your thing, it's not for me.

The game is great in the first act, then just gets worst from there with the meta shit and gameplay that gets monotonous.