Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
Not sure how popular mecha are here but good lord am I excited for Super Robot Wars 30th. Put some time into the demo and while I'm confused about some of the design choices, it's still a solid experience.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure how popular mecha are here but good lord am I excited for Super Robot Wars 30th. Put some time into the demo and while I'm confused about some of the design choices, it's still a solid experience.
I've got mixed feelings on it, they have not overhauled the mechanics by any major degree and I hope they don't crank up the tedium to try and fill time.

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
I've got mixed feelings on it, they have not overhauled the mechanics by any major degree and I hope they don't crank up the tedium to try and fill time.
I could definitely see that being an issue, with the grindable fights being added. Personally not a fan of the cut to black after each attack, I find it jarring. On the flip side, I like that supporters give a passive buff now. Never really needed them in T.

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tried Elyon today, pretty nice game (I'm still way too early in the game to know if it sucks ass fully but so far it's been good). Don't try melee classes though, they suck major dinkle, try out the gun/elementalist/healer. Haven't gotten gold-locked or anything like that either, so I'm waiting for the hammer to drop somewhere along the line.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Besides the Gamecube and Steam controllers, are there any other controllers out there that use dual stage triggers?

albert the programmer

Computer programmer at work
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think playing Hades on the Nintendo Switch was a really good idea. I know others had fun playing on the PC, but I think it also adds a new experience when you get to play it on the go as well.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
Played through Inscryption and finally beat it today. Amazing game, although I was pretty burnt out by the time the 3rd act came around.

One of my favorite parts of Mullins games are that there's always more to it than just the game itself. This one is no different, and it apparently spans across all of his games now. Pony Island and The Hex have been updated recently and now include clues/secrets relating to Inscryption.

Not gonna go schizo on the ARG but it's fun watching the Inscryption discord go insane right now
The game just sorta ends with the third act, leaving you with your dick in your hand and an ARG that has nothing to do with the actual gameplay. ARGs are cool if that's your thing, it's not for me.

The game is great in the first act, then just gets worst from there with the meta shit and gameplay that gets monotonous.

MNEMONIA

kiwifarms.net
Anyone want gibbed tonight?

Attachments

• duskonline.png
    duskonline.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 29

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
NEO: TWEWY - This game's translation localization is garbage

Attachments

• TWEWY01.jpg
    TWEWY01.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 39
  • TWEWY02.jpg
    TWEWY02.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 41
  • TWEWY03.jpg
    TWEWY03.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 40
  • TWEWY04.jpg
    TWEWY04.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 37
  • TWEWY05.jpg
    TWEWY05.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 35
  • TWEWY06.jpg
    TWEWY06.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 38
  • TWEWY07.jpg
    TWEWY07.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 36
  • TWEWY08.png
    TWEWY08.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
I'm very excited for this but at the same time I'm playing crossrays and have barely dented progress in it. I'm very surprised were getting gaogaigar (and its coolest form imo) along with victory gundam.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
NEO: TWEWY - This game's translation is garbage
It's not a translation, it's a localization.

Direct translations are not used often for large games because it makes everything sound awkward as hell or more than often an improper tone. Translations tend to be cheaper and it's what a lot of budget games use.

Bepis

kiwifarms.net
I'm very excited for this but at the same time I'm playing crossrays and have barely dented progress in it. I'm very surprised were getting gaogaigar (and its coolest form imo) along with victory gundam.
Personally I was pleasantly surprised to see Rayearth and GunxSword again so soon.

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I'm halfway thru Inscryption, thanks everyone for keeping to spoiler tags. Without a doubt Daniel Mullins best work so far.

I could complain that the card game itself wasn't balanced. When I beat the first act it was a cakewalk because I got lucky during the camp sequence and was able to ridiculously buff several cards to being OP. I hope Mullins will be able to go back and balance it further perhaps in a Hard Mode or something. Until then Slay The Spire will stay as my card deck building crack timewaster.

Some very minor spoilers below:
I really thought the main character cards of the Stoat, Stinkbug, and Stunted Wolf were changing because the antagonist Leshy was just fucking with them. I thought it was a clever twist that that's the characters actual faces.

If you played Mullins previous enjoyable (if not a little unfocused) adventure game The Hex Inscyption makes a few sly references to that game. One of the NPCs in the old 8-Bit world is a very minor character in The Hex. And Gamefuna was an antagonistic entity in The Hex which to me parodies the studio Nicalis or maybe just faceless super corporations like EA/Activision at large.

Can't recommend Mullins games enough, I'd say wait till December sales when his 3 games will likely be heavily marked down. His 3 games aren't mechanically deep by any means but they're still pretty fun & I think he's one of the best storytellers in the indie game space. The jokes just land & the amount of detail is great.

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone here play around with retroachievements? Its a fun little site if you're the kind of person that enjoys pointless achievement hunting but with more difficulty. Recently 100%ed Parasite Eve and they've added psp support so I might try out FFT:WOTLs though its achievement list looks pretty challenging.

Yeah, I know achievements are controversial but its been fun using RA as an excuse to revist old games. There's not much point to the side aside from leaderboards and fulfilling arbitrary goals in games to say you did.

Its a fun distraction. Only retroarch and duckstation currently support achievements though.

I figure I'll get posts saying achievements are cancer etc which is fine. Some people here might find the autism fun like I do. https://retroachievements.org

Here is how it works: you make an account on the site, download the latest Retroarch and check to see which cores are supported. From there you configure Retroarch or duckstation to have your Retroachievement site credentials. If you enable hardcore mode (no save states) you get extra points. Be warned that it can be buggy depending on what version of RA you use.

Its a fun way to track your progress in games too and yea I know its pretty autistic.

Last edited:

Becomemysoulreaver

kiwifarms.net
I assume nobody here gives a shit, but I've been working on my unity game a bit, I added an autoaim when the character is close to an enemy, a different type of bullet that you get with a pick up and an obstacle that can only be destroyed with the second bullet

Attachments

• Game2.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 15

albert the programmer

Computer programmer at work
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Due to the news of censorship regarding Phil Cassidy’s character in GTA: Vice City, this upcoming Sunday, I’m playing the original PS1 versions of the GTA series.

Admiral Piett

Transdiemensional Racist
kiwifarms.net
I think the hate around FarCry 6 is overrated. I actually really, really like the changes in the game, and tbqh, it feels like a better version of 4. And more importantly, more interesting in story than 5. It definitely has a loop re gameplay that's inherent to the FarCry franchise, and I understand the tiredness regarding that.

I also wish there was more customization re look rather than the new clothing system. I kinda wanna LARP 2020's Fidel Castro, and smoke some motherfuckers. But overarchingly, I'd say it's a nice addition to the series. And besides some cartoonishly poorly hidden Resistance bases, I enjoy the diversity in targets, and operations you can undertake around Yarra. And the fact that unless trespassing, you don't necessarily have to engage hostiles.

That said, I do hate Giancarlo Esposito once again typecast as the sinister, softly spoken villain.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I assume nobody here gives a shit, but I've been working on my unity game a bit, I added an autoaim when the character is close to an enemy, a different type of bullet that you get with a pick up and an obstacle that can only be destroyed with the second bullet
why is the character shooting white stuff with it hips...? would assume it's a dude, but later he shoots red stuff, so I'm a bit confused now.