Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
Haven't found an appropriate thread, so I'll just post it here. This video is like a therapy session that finally stopped me from raging at online games. I occasionally rewatch it if I'm getting too salty.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 and HD is being removed from sale because they didn't have the license to some of the footage they use in it. Info from Kotaku, won't provide a link because someone might click on it.

Full list:
・PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
・PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
・PlayStation®3 METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION
・PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
・PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
・PlayStation®Vita METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION
・PlayStation™Now METAL GEAR SOLID HD COLLECTION
・Xbox 360 METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION: 2 & 3
・Nintendo 3DS METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D
・GOG.com METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE
・NVIDIA® SHIELD™ METAL GEAR SOLID 2 HD for SHIELD TV
・NVIDIA® SHIELD™ METAL GEAR SOLID 3 HD for SHIELD TV
Thanks for the heads up, time to hock my Vita copy of MGS HD Collection for way more than it's worth

IneptRobot

You invaded it, you can un-vade it!
kiwifarms.net
Haven't found an appropriate thread, so I'll just post it here. This video is like a therapy session that finally stopped me from raging at online games. I occasionally rewatch it if I'm getting too salty.
Are there more channels like this? This is 100% something I didn't know I needed until I got it.

Gimmick Account

最初はいつも痛いけど感じてくると甘噛みしてほしい
kiwifarms.net
Inscryption - Initially a roguelike card game but it twists into Game Theory baiting alternate reality game. At least the first part has great atmosphere, but it's gameplay is kinda shit with not letting the player customize their decks, having cards that literally can let the player win automatically once you pull them, and having some runs being impossible due to opponent tactics being impossible to win against. After the first part the quality goes down and it feels a lot like the dev ran out of patience and phoned in the assets he didn't use. Also the game has scripted "you lose" points which are a fucking massive bullshit in a roguelike, I did manage to get pass one but it basically made me lose a lot of time once I realized I need to kill myself to continue the plot.
I dunno man, you aren't wrong but it's not really any of those things and it adds up to a pretty interesting experience that I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from playing.
The first part is definitely the best (and while they way it gets worse is an intentional part of the narrative... it's doesn't really make up for the stuff it strips away and the gimmick about game production goes on a bit long in Act 3) but the fun of it is that it's this uphill experience at first which you then get to completely break, which is enjoyable. You still get the full (actually greatly expanded) deck-building experience and puzzle fights in Act 2, although the atmosphere abruptly gets pretty gay at that point.

I have lots of criticisms but thinking of it as either a roguelike or a deck-building game is a mistake because it's pretending to be a bunch of different shit at once and just gives you tastes of each. That said I went in unspoiled and was satisfied at the end of Act 1 thinking that was the whole game, so it being three times longer than that felt like bonus content.
Pro pirate imo

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've impulse bought so much unnecessary shit since I started following Wario64 on Twitter.
Did you buy the Elder Scrolls Encyclopedia too?

get.gif

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I dunno man, you aren't wrong but it's not really any of those things and it adds up to a pretty interesting experience that I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from playing.
The first part is definitely the best (and while they way it gets worse is an intentional part of the narrative... it's doesn't really make up for the stuff it strips away and the gimmick about game production goes on a bit long in Act 3) but the fun of it is that it's this uphill experience at first which you then get to completely break, which is enjoyable. You still get the full (actually greatly expanded) deck-building experience and puzzle fights in Act 2, although the atmosphere abruptly gets pretty gay at that point.

I have lots of criticisms but thinking of it as either a roguelike or a deck-building game is a mistake because it's pretending to be a bunch of different shit at once and just gives you tastes of each. That said I went in unspoiled and was satisfied at the end of Act 1 thinking that was the whole game, so it being three times longer than that felt like bonus content.
Pro pirate imo
My viewpoint soured a lot because I had couple of great runs only to be fucked over because I had to intentionally lose to advance the plot (since the eye didn't spawn). Only to then have terrible shitty runs with a lot of battles where I couldn't do anything but lose (any snake spam is near impossible unless you can win in one/two rounds).
The deck building part felt very unbalanced and the magic deck is complete shit.

Gimmick Account

最初はいつも痛いけど感じてくると甘噛みしてほしい
kiwifarms.net
My viewpoint soured a lot because I had couple of great runs only to be fucked over because I had to intentionally lose to advance the plot (since the eye didn't spawn). Only to then have terrible shitty runs with a lot of battles where I couldn't do anything but lose (any snake spam is near impossible unless you can win in one/two rounds).
The deck building part felt very unbalanced and the magic deck is complete shit.
Yeah I dunno how the fuck you're supposed to make a pure magic deck. I've been told it's possible but I really doubt that shit (and by the time you can get enough of those cards you're basically done). Meanwhile Act 2 is all about synergies between the different decks... except magic, which are so fucking useless I never employed a single one.

I don't mind the forced deaths and shitty runs in Act 1 because it's all part of the atmosphere it's building, and that oppressiveness works towards the fun of completely breaking the game over your dick eventually. Unfairness/bad luck is just kind of part of the pseudo-roguelike thing, which it can go further with than a sincere roguelike deck building game could since it's a gimmick, but then you get to pay it back by being way more unfair yourself after a certain point.
It's just a shame the rest of the game doesn't have that kind of interesting balance to it. Act 2 is played straight and it's ugly zoomer-"retro", while Act 3 is just visually and mechanically dull while its joke doesn't stretch very far. But I'd still say it's well worth playing for Act 1 alone.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
I understand I’m late to the trend here, but having recently been seeing streams for Deltarune Part 2 and listening to the Undertale OST has got be interested in picking them up and giving them a go, I know all the autistic drama with the fandom was cringe, but the game was popular for a reason and it looks pretty damn good, Does it live up to the hype and is it worth picking up now?

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
I understand I’m late to the trend here, but having recently been seeing streams for Deltarune Part 2 and listening to the Undertale OST has got be interested in picking them up and giving them a go, I know all the autistic drama with the fandom was cringe, but the game was popular for a reason and it looks pretty damn good, Does it live up to the hype and is it worth picking up now?
I personally think Undertale is the most overrated game of the last ten years. If you think "quirk" is enough to base a full-length game on, go for it, since Undertale doesn't have much else going for it. All sizzle, no steak.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Inscryption to me seems to be a meme game youtubers can make faces and loud noises to. I got the impression that's the case for most of the "top sales" games.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Undertale's cheap and short. If you like the OST, the game ties it all together very well, so it's worth playing.

It is certainly overrated, but it's a very creative and original game, and that's why it's overrated in the first place.

Scanline

kiwifarms.net
I personally think Undertale is the most overrated game of the last ten years. If you think "quirk" is enough to base a full-length game on, go for it, since Undertale doesn't have much else going for it. All sizzle, no steak.
Overrated by who?