Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
Over in the Proving Grounds, some mad lad started a monster thread about Videogames Brasileiros. Gaming has kind of a weird history in Brazil since IIRC the government had tariffs in place that made importing electronic devices prohibitively expensive, so a company called Tectoy got around that by licensing the Master System and Genesis/Mega Drive tech from Sega and manufacturing systems domestically, so those machines absolutely dominated the market there in the '90s and games were being made for both systems even after the turn of the century and you saw oddities like a SFII Master System port and a Duke Nukem 3D Mega Drive port. The thread goes well beyond those, though. The text is all in Portuguese but there's plenty of screen shots, box art and videos to ogle.

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
I've decided to make 2022 the year of actually beating games and I'm working through my backlog, and Far Cry 6 came up. I do not like it, and I've liked most games in the series before it. I can't put my finger on exactly why, though, I'm just.. not having much fun.

HERE YOU GO

gettin' down on the mountain
kiwifarms.net
Why are bitches always giving the "I dunno" shrug at the beginning of every WoW video they're in? That, or just being almost naked.

faggot3.pngfaggot1.png
faggot2.pngworldofwarcraftexample8.jpg

Sneeds_Sniggerly

SNEED means never having to say you're sorry
kiwifarms.net
What games are you guys looking forward to in 2022? Literally the only one I am looking forward to is Destroy All Humans 2.

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
What games are you guys looking forward to in 2022? Literally the only one I am looking forward to is Destroy All Humans 2.
Triangle Strategy
Gunvolt Chronicles Luminous Avenger iX 2
Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
Yomawari 3
Metal Slug Tactics
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge
EDF 4.1 for Nintendo Switch, and likewise the Switch ports of 13 Sentinels & Gal*Gun Double Peace

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Horizon has a very limited amount of stuff to do in the open world so it's not cluttered like an assassin's creed and the like.

The towers in the game would be these moving giraffe type creatures and it's less about climbing them and more to do about finding the entry way on the ground that allows you to jump on them. There's 5 in total and the one in the DLC is part of a quest where you have to find 3 facilities to get parts to repair it.

What most people do is make a beeline to Frozen Wilds when they're first able to do so since you level up way more quickly and get better items from there. Frozen Wilds weapons are overpowered to anything in the base game and if you kite encounters in frozen wilds you wind up getting 2-5 levels each time you kill a machine there. Frozen Wilds is a much smaller area but even the questlines there are better and more varied than the base game.

Once people finish frozen wilds they then do the base game and this cuts down on a lot of the downtime the original game had since you now can just hit everything like a truck. The base game still has the overall best armor which is Shieldweaver and grants you an invincibility buff for a few hits and after it breaks it needs a few seconds to recharge, you get it after you complete a long side quest where you gather power cells to open US Military weapons facility. But the Frozen Wilds armor has the highest defense up until that point and also quests reward with BIS enhancements for armor and weapons.

Base game had some real garbage for loot rewards that the DLC didn't continue, so it's another reason why most people do the DLC first. DLC quest rewards are not randomized loot boxes, they're concrete upgrades that are specific to each quest like how Zelda rewards you with a new item and the like.
Omg I beat the game but then stopped at FW. This is good to know.

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
I don't know much about what's coming out, but as a fan of the prior games I'm still willing to give Saints Row the benefit of the doubt for now.

For now.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
only indies really. beacon pines, little witch in the woods, anno mutationem, chinatown detective agency, space for the unbound. and the next ESO chapter.
AAA isn't really worth following or even trying to play anymore, every time I think I could spend my time better with something else or at least a fun game. kinda reminds me of when I stopped caring about hollywood shit years ago...

CharcoalChkn

Hold your tongue, you pathetic cock sleeve.
kiwifarms.net
I don't even know what's coming out.

I'm looking forward to RDR2 going on sale again so I don't miss it this time and I can finally play this game.

Road Work Ahead

kiwifarms.net
Looking forward to Elden Ring next month, other than that I don't really even know what's coming out this year. Guess I'll just get back to my PS1 jrpg backlog...

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
Hogwarts Legacy, Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring, and maybe Marvel's Wolverine if that's coming out this year, we don't have a release date yet.

Keeping an eye on Forspoken, Nightingale, and a couple of others though.

Sneeds_Sniggerly

SNEED means never having to say you're sorry
kiwifarms.net
Hogwarts Legacy, Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring, and maybe Marvel's Wolverine if that's coming out this year, we don't have a release date yet.

Keeping an eye on Forspoken, Nightingale, and a couple of others though.
I worry Hogwarts will be fucked up the ass with microtransactions. I just want a game like that one Prisoner of Azkaban game but with more RPG stuff added and more to do.

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
I worry Hogwarts will be fucked up the ass with microtransactions. I just want a game like that one Prisoner of Azkaban game but with more RPG stuff added and more to do.
I really hope it's not, but I do live with the heavy knowledge that I would completely pay to have a cooler familiar or some pretty cosmetics, so I'm their target audience if they do put microtransactions in. I hope they'll at least make them cosmetic only if they do though.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1641895219592.png

Going for perfect Feng Shui on all levels is fun. Shame Feng Shui is crazy nonsense with a billion rules.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So it looks like Sony isn't just going to be doing third person games specifically and will branch out to other genres again.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
Oh boy. I sure am looking forward to more climate alarmism and hamfisted leftist ecological messaging that eating bugs and living in 200 sq. ft. apartments while Congress parties without masks and lives in mansions were the only way to have saved the world. Oh and this looks like an obvious attempt at cashing in on Subnautica.

BrokenWokenBespoken

kiwifarms.net
Emperor, Rise of the Middle Kingdom, a city builder that had a puzzle like mechanic with the Feng Shui system where you have to plop the buildings on places deemed matching to the aesthetic so you get benefits like popularity, better city health and boons to offerings made