Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
I don't if this is really the case but after upgrading from an Xbox One to a Xbox Series X, I lost all MP progress in Battlefield 1 & Battlefront 2.

Scanline

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I can understand that. Sadly I don’t have any of my games left from when I was a kid, and collector/investorfags have spiked the prices for all original games & hardware. I just want to have the option to play some old games every once in a while, so for that purpose I think these emulators will probably (hopefully) be good enough
Depending on what system you're going for, you could run an Everdrive. Load a micro SD card with all the games you want and go to down. Even works on original hardware.
The gameboy pocket color mod, while expensive and looks like a massive pain, is pretty great looking if you want orignalish hardware. Throw in a flash cart and you'd be set.
I don't like physically modding my systems unless I have to, but I already have a really nice Game Boy setup.

trent

kiwifarms.net
I don't if this is really the case but after upgrading from an Xbox One to a Xbox Series X, I lost all MP progress in Battlefield 1 & Battlefront 2.

That doesn't sound right. Pretty sure it's tied to you EA/XBL account because i went back to BF4 a few weeks ago and all my progress from years ago was still there.

Pale Empress

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How does Microsoft get away with this shit exactly, for example, by acquiring Activision they've more or less locked down every major FPS franchise with the exception of some outliers held by publishers like EA. Although at this point, what with companies like Disney and Comcast owning the majority of major film and television properties, I guess this question is rhetorical at best.

Also, what's a decent controller nowadays? Mainly for PS2/n64/game cube emulation and playing console ports (death stranding, yakuza, days gone, etc) on PC. Had an xbone controller for a while but it felt really clumsy and eventually got stick drift I couldn't fix. Was thinking of a dualshock but wanted some opinions before I drop the money on it.

Scanline

kiwifarms.net
Also, what's a decent controller nowadays? Mainly for PS2/n64/game cube emulation and playing console ports (death stranding, yakuza, days gone, etc) on PC. Had an xbone controller for a while but it felt really clumsy and eventually got stick drift I couldn't fix. Was thinking of a dualshock but wanted some opinions before I drop the money on it.
The only good controller to play N64 games with is a first party Nintendo 64 controller. The games were designed specifically around the feel of its analog stick and anything else will be far too sensitive and jittery. Apparently the Switch N64 controller ain't bad, but again it's still not perfect.

As for basically anything else, I use a PS4 controller. Steam has native support for it and it feels pretty good. Also supports gyro which is cool.

TheTrumanShow

kiwifarms.net
Why are bitches always giving the "I dunno" shrug at the beginning of every WoW video they're in? That, or just being almost naked.

View attachment 2868474View attachment 2868475
View attachment 2868477View attachment 2868478

Because they are projecting their inner ignorant thot.

But remember to respect these wamen.

Now if you are a manchild who still wants to play a 15 year old MMORPG but you've matured enough that you want one that isn't a badly drawn cartoon and has based tradwives then move on to Guildwars.

HERE YOU GO

gettin' down on the mountain
kiwifarms.net
Because they are projecting their inner ignorant thot.

But remember to respect these wamen.

Now if you are a manchild who still wants to play a 15 year old MMORPG but one that isn't a badly drawn cartoon and has based tradwives move on to Guildwars.

I played the shit out of GW2 until they added those gay kites and people started flying all over the place and landing on you when you want to chill somewhere, but I was also pretty tired of it at the same time after playing so much and getting all ascended gear.

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
How does Microsoft get away with this shit exactly, for example, by acquiring Activision they've more or less locked down every major FPS franchise with the exception of some outliers held by publishers like EA. Although at this point, what with companies like Disney and Comcast owning the majority of major film and television properties, I guess this question is rhetorical at best.
I feel safer with these companies under MS's control than EA's.

Maybe at some point there will be antitrust concerns, but there's a good chance regulators don't care about vidya.

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
I recently picked up Zomboid as well. Interesting game. It's one of those games where everything can be going right and then you make one little mistake and you're basically fucked and any time you spend not just starting a new game is just delaying the inevitable - but it doesn't feel unfair when it happens, unlike in some games like that. And there doesn't seem to be an end to the mechanics.

Example: I came out of the rain and into my base house in my last game and threw all my clothes including my shoes into a dryer. I then went to go turn on the television, passing by a broken window along the way - and my feet promptly got cut to hell by the glass and I was losing health quickly. I sat down and started bandaging up my feet, but the bandages got dirty really quickly. Eventually I figured out I had shards of glass in my feet that I had to pull out before bandaging. Okay, got that figured out; wonder if there's a way to clean up the glass so I don't do that again. So I right-click on the glass on the floor and yes, there's an option to clean up the glass - which promptly caused lacerations on my bare hands and more heavy bleeding. I gave up on that game after that… but yeah, that's totally fair and it taught me something I can avoid doing in my next game.

Definitely a fun and clever game. Don't let the plain graphics make you overlook it.
Ah yes, this feeling I had when playing Darkest Dungeon without realizing how much hours I spent in it, until it was too late:
1642652592133.png

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
weak government with boomers in charge/paid off to look the other way. after all it's just kids toys, who cares lol!
they couldn't bust microsoft 20 years ago, you think someone like biden will be able to?

dualshock with ds4windows usually works with everything I throw at it and usually works for years.

Jewthulhu

A Rare Deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
I was going to properly compile and edit a bunch of clips I have recorded while playing Squad, but seeing as I'm too lazy/busy, I wanted to at least upload this one here for posterity.

Enjoy watching a retard talk about witchcraft

albert the programmer

Robert George Kardashian was the best Kardashian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
6E94754C-8CEB-475C-A6E9-38B9546129F4.jpeg

Not that anyone cares, but 10 days ago, NFL Street celebrated its 18th birthday.

Meanwhile, NFL Street 2 will celebrate its 17th birthday on January 28th. As far as the first one goes, though, the trailer and gameplay for it still holds up well.

I still like the in game celebrations as well, since it did predict the lengths that today‘s NFL stars will go trying to outdo each other in TD celebration dances:

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2913904

Not that anyone cares, but 10 days ago, NFL Street celebrated its 18th birthday.

Meanwhile, NFL Street 2 will celebrate its 17th birthday on January 28th. As far as the first one goes, though, the trailer and gameplay for it still holds up well.

I still like the in game celebrations as well, since it did predict the lengths that today‘s NFL stars will go trying to outdo each other in TD celebration dances:

Fucking loved the Street games. Them and Blitz were the only times I was excited to play a NFL/NBA game. RIP EA BIG

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
Fucking loved the Street games. Them and Blitz were the only times I was excited to play a NFL/NBA game. RIP EA BIG
Is Blitz the one where you could break bones and shit? like it would go into sniper elite style super slo-mo to show legs snapping. If it was, that game was awesome.

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
Is Blitz the one where you could break bones and shit? like it would go into sniper elite style super slo-mo to show legs snapping. If it was, that game was awesome.
That was Blitz: The League, a sort of sequel to the NFL Blitz, but since it was made by Midway and it was post-EA chaining the NFL license to its concrete basement floor, it had fake teams and players. But they took the opportunity and ran with it and had a plot line involving corruption by league officials and politicians, you could treat injured players with illegal drugs, cheerleaders in inauthentically skimpy outfits danced in the background while you chose your plays, etc. - '90s-style edgy shit even though the game came out in the PS3/X360 era. They released two games in the series before giving up on the idea (maybe because Midway was dying around that time).

albert the programmer

Robert George Kardashian was the best Kardashian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
44F52F83-1455-4728-B663-1EEEAB4BFCEA.jpeg

HAPPY NFL STREET 2 DAY! 8)

Also, if you did not know, Xzibit was in this game as well.