Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Recent open world games... WHO YOU GOT??

• Dark Souls 3

• Final Fantasy XV

• Horizon Zero Dawn

• Nier: Automata

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Watch Dogs 2

• I'm not a real gamer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Commander Keen

in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!
kiwifarms.net
Dunno where else to ask: is there any real difference between the 970 EVO and pro versions for a home user?

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
YIIK.jpg
YIIK (supposedly pronounced Y2K) is coming out in a couple of days. For some reason I couldn't help by see the logo as YUK with the roman numeral two being as stylized as it is.
It's by Ackk Studios which has produced one other game on steam. The other game, Two Brothers looks like pixel indy shit and has received mostly poor reviews.
YIIK 2.png

The game doesn't look too good based on the trailer. It appears to be overly pretentious and reeks of LOL RANDUM humor. I'm only basing this on what I can see from the trailer and screen shots they've provided. The main character also looks like a Soyboy but, perhaps I'm just too cynical to look at this in an unbiased manner.

EDIT:
Found some gameplay footage

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Horrifying
Reactions: vertexwindi

NielBreenLover96

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 640231
YIIK (supposedly pronounced Y2K) is coming out in a coule of days. For some reason I couldn't help by see the logo as YUK with the roman numeral two being as stylized as it is.
It's by Ackk Studios which has produced one other game on steam. The other game, Two Brothers looks like pixel indy shit and has received mostly poor reviews.
View attachment 640229
The game doesn't look too good based on the trailer. It appears to be overly pretentious and reeks of LOL RANDUM humor. I'm only basing this on what I can see from the trailer and screen shots they've provided. The main character also looks like a Soyboy but, perhaps I'm just too cynical to look at this in an unbiased manner.

EDIT:
Found some gameplay footage
Yiik, oh dear Lord, Yiik.
This absolute fucking travesty might actually be in the running for the #1 worst game of 2019.
Wanna hear the fucking soundtrack?!
https://soundcloud.com/calumbowen/yiik-a-postmodern-rpg-uzi-battle
Magnifico.

How about the plethora of HORRID pop culture references and writing?

Afterwards, the douchefag protagonist says, "Hey, that's OUR word."

Why'd they have to go and fuck up Ghost in the Shell for me?
The protagonist is just oh so loveable too.

Even better is near the end of the game, where after he mocks the dead sister of one of the characters:

Everyone cuts contact with him.
And the game tries to pull some EoE character study type shit where he's surrounded by 5 copies of himself.

How about the oh-so-wonderful gameplay?!
Slow and clunky fun to be had for days.
Yes. This game made a "LOL LLAMAS XDDDDD ROFL" joke in the Year of our Lord, Two Thousand and Nineteen.

And don't forget, the obligatory #WOKE-message?
(this game was written by two white men, just an FYI)

YiiK is absolutely fucking disgusting.
Read this imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/wmYHCTx
and this little cute gem,

Yes, remembering the life of a man who isn't even dead in the game's time frame (which is 1999).
The game is full of tasteless and disrespectful shit like this.

BTW, this is what the Dev looks like, compared to the protagonist.
There's so much shit I could go into here, but I just don't care enough.

Last edited:

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@NielBreenLover96, Everybody is talking about it on /v/, I swear, I thought Chris Chan was in the game because of the guy's tiger striped long sleeve polo shirt.

The music is so god awful lmao.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
More about YIIK:
They're pretty woke in this game!
YIIK Muslim Sweden.png

However, this isn't enough. The game still offends people.
YIIK SJW3.jpg
YIIK SJW3.png

The offending eight words is part of a name entry screen. Something you do before you even get to any gameplay.
YIIK SJW2.png

Lesson:
You can never win with these people.

vertexwindi

Ay yo this beat is bananas
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like how the game takes place in 1999 but stars a modern-looking hipster with references to recent events like Iwata's death, Two Brothers, characters being nostalgic for Chrono Trigger (1995) etc. The only thing in the game that seems even slightly from 1999 is the UI. Shits sure were given.

Seeing how this game is shaping up to be an absolute disaster maybe someone ought to make a thread about it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino