Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Recent open world games... WHO YOU GOT??

• Dark Souls 3

• Final Fantasy XV

• Horizon Zero Dawn

• Nier: Automata

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• Watch Dogs 2

• I'm not a real gamer

Results are only viewable after voting.

A Cold Potato

yeah... oh, no shame, no shame in these farts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but Nintendo weren't happy with how Metroid Prime 4 was going and restarted the whole development from scratch.

This time round they've decided to work with Retro Studios though.
Rare to see a company show that level of care and integrity these days.

Makes you wonder why they didn't just go with Retro in the first place.
Actuall, what was Retro Studios even doing that prevented them from being Nintendo's first choice anyway?

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
So a couple of questions, I grabbed VTM: Bloodlines finally from that GOG sale for $5 and while I refuse to be ashamed of the fact that I was a VTM player back in the day so I understand the systems, i've heard this game needs mods iirc? Anyone able to point me in the right direction on that? Secondly, has anyone played Clive Barker's Undying? It looks good and I love Barker's stuff, but I've been burned by so many games that are supposed to be "creepy" that I'm really careful about it now.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no step on fuckign yurop
kiwifarms.net
So a couple of questions, I grabbed VTM: Bloodlines finally from that GOG sale for $5 and while I refuse to be ashamed of the fact that I was a VTM player back in the day so I understand the systems, i've heard this game needs mods iirc? Anyone able to point me in the right direction on that? Secondly, has anyone played Clive Barker's Undying? It looks good and I love Barker's stuff, but I've been burned by so many games that are supposed to be "creepy" that I'm really careful about it now.
For VTM search for the community patches, it rolls up a lot of stuff as I understand it and a new one was released not long ago.

Clive Barker's Undying is pretty... good I think. It's not a shooter that will blow you away but it isn't really that type of game, it sure as hell isn't Jericho. In parts where the game/levels gets dry/monotonous there's still that curiosity where you want to see more, learn more and that pushes you forward. It's pretty neat and engaging. It also has some unintended scares that works very well.
The thing that will trip you up and take some getting used to is that the character use their right arm to shoot and the left for magic, so right mouse button shoots and left is magic.
edit: just took a look, apparently the gun is in the left hand and magic in the right, but I could've sworn it was the opposite in the version I played.

Either way, I liked it.

Not Barker related but you should really check out Realms of the Haunting by Gremlin. That game was fantastic and went into some weird places.

Last edited:

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
With Artifact dipping as low as under 800 players earlier today, the game looks more and more like that it could be beyond saving. Yes, Valve stated that they are "Still in it for the long haul" in the most recent patch notes, but I feel like it could be come potent meme content, with the chances of the game turning around looking less and less likely.

Their community seems to be also getting more and more uptight and defensive about the game too, it's almost reaching Fallout 76-levels of delusional defending.

The 8 of Spades

kiwifarms.net
For VTM search for the community patches, it rolls up a lot of stuff as I understand it and a new one was released not long ago.

Clive Barker's Undying is pretty... good I think. It's not a shooter that will blow you away but it isn't really that type of game, it sure as hell isn't Jericho. In parts where the game/levels gets dry/monotonous there's still that curiosity where you want to see more, learn more and that pushes you forward. It's pretty neat and engaging. It also has some unintended scares that works very well.
The thing that will trip you up and take some getting used to is that the character use their right arm to shoot and the left for magic, so right mouse button shoots and left is magic.
edit: just took a look, apparently the gun is in the left hand and magic in the right, but I could've sworn it was the opposite in the version I played.

Either way, I liked it.

Not Barker related but you should really check out Realms of the Haunting by Gremlin. That game was fantastic and went into some weird places.
Awesome, thank you. I picked to Undying yesterday (and another copy of The 7th Guest) anyways because it was $1.50 so I figured it was worth the gamble. Glad to here it's interesting.

On another note, I'm looking for really bad games on Steam to play, you know asset flip crap and glitchfests, anyone know any "good" ones or good terms to search for?

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no step on fuckign yurop
kiwifarms.net
Awesome, thank you. I picked to Undying yesterday (and another copy of The 7th Guest) anyways because it was $1.50 so I figured it was worth the gamble. Glad to here it's interesting.
If you like 7th Guest then Realms of the Haunting becomes an even stronger recommendation and it's a criminally overlooked game.
It's a first person adventure/exploration/point and click/puzzle solving game with FMV sequences where a guy arrives at an old mansion with a dark past - it also have combat. A really unique combination and it holds up surprisingly well for a 3d game from 1997, it doesn't even look as ass as one would think.

Video of some dude playing it, timestamped to where it beings:
https://youtu.be/UZdaz0dj7GI?t=663

The 8 of Spades

kiwifarms.net
If you like 7th Guest then Realms of the Haunting becomes an even stronger recommendation and it's a criminally overlooked game.
It's a first person adventure/exploration/point and click/puzzle solving game with FMV sequences where a guy arrives at an old mansion with a dark past - it also have combat. A really unique combination and it holds up surprisingly well for a 3d game from 1997, it doesn't even look as ass as one would think.

Video of some dude playing it, timestamped to where it beings:
https://youtu.be/UZdaz0dj7GI?t=663

Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick that up. That's totally up my alley.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino