Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
True, but at least with it there's legit hope for better days. Peaks and valleys.

And even as a pile of shit, it's miles ahead of AAA.
I kind of disagree here

AAA at least has gameplay in between the movies (even if Sony Exclusives are all the same) All the fucking Indy shit I have seen in the spot light recently is a bunch of horrific art, generic "Retro" shit except no-where near as fun as the original games they are trying to Ripoff "Retro" style.

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
True, but at least with it there's legit hope for better days. Peaks and valleys.

And even as a pile of shit, it's miles ahead of AAA.
This.
It's 99% shit but I can expect at least 1 really fucking good game to come from the indie scene a year which is far more than I can expect from AAA.

Tinfoil

kiwifarms.net
That's fair. Figured I'd give it a try. Have you tried Mad Max or any of the recent Assassin's Creed games? They are pretty decent open world games.

I loved Assassins Creed 1 and 2. I remember the latter ones being more buggy when I played them so I stopped.

Crap I just checked my computer against the latest games that are out and I'm way out of spec.

MT Foxtrot

Who is man enough to face The Funhouse?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
AAA at least has gameplay in between the movies (even if Sony Exclusives are all the same) All the fucking Indy shit I have seen in the spot light recently is a bunch of horrific art, generic "Retro" shit except no-where near as fun as the original games they are trying to Ripoff "Retro" style.
MAN you haven't looked much at the scene then.

Serbian Peacekeepers

Defenders of Biden
kiwifarms.net
Arma Reforger , the first new Arma game since 2013 , has launched on PC and Xbox , and within a day had mixed reviews , a possible serious security risk , and the subreddit turned into a warzone the size of takistan.

A janny who does it for free took down a post stating how Reforger's new Workshop rules makes it so BI now owns any mod you make , and also bans all mods based on a preexisting ip , so no more OPTRE , Star wars , War hammer , or anything else.

"Its time to say goodbye to copyrighted mods" said post taken down by the janny. I cant find the og text from the post but it was a list of discord responses regarding modding in reforger
bonus potential major security issue as well: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164945

Scanline

kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering what games out there are worth playing, but theres so many out there. So I'm wondering if you guys can suggest some based on my top 9 1000+ played hour games. I've noticed largely I gravitate to games with replay-ability or no real ending.
Well, that's certainly... a selection of games.

Can't really say I care much for games that don't end and expect you to keep pissing time away on them forever, but based on what you've played already, I'd suggest:

Planescape: Torment
Deus Ex
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Death Stranding
Red Dead Redemption
Basically any Harvest Moon game (though special mention goes to Friends of Mineral Town (GBA), 64 (take a guess), and Back to Nature (PS1)
Fighting games. Pick one that looks cool.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Arma Reforger , the first new Arma game since 2013 , has launched on PC and Xbox , and within a day had mixed reviews , a possible serious security risk , and the subreddit turned into a warzone the size of takistan.

A janny who does it for free took down a post stating how Reforger's new Workshop rules makes it so BI now owns any mod you make , and also bans all mods based on a preexisting ip , so no more OPTRE , Star wars , War hammer , or anything else.

"Its time to say goodbye to copyrighted mods" said post taken down by the janny. I cant find the og text from the post but it was a list of discord responses regarding modding in reforger
bonus potential major security issue as well: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164945
only seen /v/ shitposting about it the last few days. mostly that it's barebones as fuck and apparently doesn't even have a mission editor, so you can't even properly add content? all for 30 bucks with the announcement all support will be dropped once arma4 comes out.

bummer, was actually looking forward to it a bit, given the general state of FPS right now.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering what games out there are worth playing, but theres so many out there. So I'm wondering if you guys can suggest some based on my top 9 1000+ played hour games. I've noticed largely I gravitate to games with replay-ability or no real ending.

View attachment 3297305

View attachment 3297304

View attachment 3297303

View attachment 3297302

View attachment 3297300

View attachment 3297299

View attachment 3297314

View attachment 3297323

View attachment 3297327
Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Masters of Orion 2 and then some Jagged Alliance 2 just to break the taste now and then. JA2 breaks down into a RPG of sorts even if it doesn't look like it.

You could also go with Capitalism+, great game.

Serbian Peacekeepers

Defenders of Biden
kiwifarms.net
only seen /v/ shitposting about it the last few days. mostly that it's barebones as fuck and apparently doesn't even have a mission editor, so you can't even properly add content? all for 30 bucks with the announcement all support will be dropped once arma4 comes out.

bummer, was actually looking forward to it a bit, given the general state of FPS right now.
Thats sorta half true? It doesn't have a mission editor like 3 or 2 but it has ways to make mission in its modding suite , but its more complex than the normal mission editor.
But yes its really barebones , 6 vehicles in total , about 10 or 12 weapons , no air or sea assets , and no heavy armor. and no built in SP or Co-op missions

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Thats sorta half true? It doesn't have a mission editor like 3 or 2 but it has ways to make mission in its modding suite , but its more complex than the normal mission editor.
But yes its really barebones , 6 vehicles in total , about 10 or 12 weapons , no air or sea assets , and no heavy armor. and no built in SP or Co-op missions
like I said only what I heard, was interested in it but given the pricetag and planned obsolescence rather spend my time shitposting on the farms elsewhere

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
I've started playing Outer Wilds and I've got to ask if it's feasible to play it without a walkthrough or is it one of the games you progress till you get to a block wall where you'd either waste a lot of time trying shit or just read what the Devs intended.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've started playing Outer Wilds and I've got to ask if it's feasible to play it without a walkthrough or is it one of the games you progress till you get to a block wall where you'd either waste a lot of time trying shit or just read what the Devs intended.
Are you planning on doing Echoes of the Eye? You can certainly play Outer Wilds without a guide and fumble your way through but when you get to the DLC you may feel lost. Outer Wilds requires multiple playthroughs to find everything. Nothing is really permanently lost, the time limited stuff is usually stuff that you're supposed to do in a specific run and not a general one. So if you want to go around until you get tired of resetting and then focus in on a specific goal then get a guide.

Tacitus Kilgore

kiwifarms.net
So, I bought Arma Reforger on Steam. It's early access and there isn't shit to do singe player wise so I refunded. It was $30 and it definitely isn't worth the $30. I didn't care for the futuristic shit in Arma 3. Though it wasn't as stupid as the shit seen in later Call of Duty games. Not that I played any of them. If they add more to the game it would be better.

I am thinking about getting Prison Architect. Anyone ever play it?

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
I played the Demo for the newest Kirby game, was pretty fun. Is it worth the 60 Bugmen points?
It was a pleasant and fun game, but it's not much challenging until the post-game (not counting the hard mode of the café & maze board mini-games, and some of the star challenge stages). Doesn't take too long to finish the game either (about 15 hours long) but that may be not a downside for some people.

Attachments

• 2022040308345201_c.mp4
    15.8 MB
  • 2022040309510900_c.jpg
    2022040309510900_c.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Kurt Eichenwald

Your sense of control has been shattered.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know where the Dwarf Fortress thread is? I kinda feel like reminiscing about my dead owl infestation and my ever-worsening eyesight.

Walther Springfield

kiwifarms.net
Quick question, as I don't think I got an answer earlier; what do you guys think about Guild Wars 2's DLCs? I was planning on running through the base game - figured I might as well finish the game off, even though I can't exactly support the devs or community anymore for the massive amounts of political bullshit they keep spewing out - but what about the Episodes? I was considering picking up Path of Fire, so I could unlock the elite specializations like Reaper for Necromancer, but with how shitty the devs/community/story is, I'm not entirely sure.

Any suggestions?

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quick question, as I don't think I got an answer earlier; what do you guys think about Guild Wars 2's DLCs? I was planning on running through the base game - figured I might as well finish the game off, even though I can't exactly support the devs or community anymore for the massive amounts of political bullshit they keep spewing out - but what about the Episodes? I was considering picking up Path of Fire, so I could unlock the elite specializations like Reaper for Necromancer, but with how shitty the devs/community/story is, I'm not entirely sure.

Any suggestions?
Personally I wouldn't really bother going through an MMO 100% legit, the time investment just isn't worth it when there's single player games that offer similar stuff and are much better.

Like if you want a big expansive world you have Elden Ring.