Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scanline

kiwifarms.net
About 3 days later I find a box at my front door with my Switch and 2 games in it. Then about week later I find another box at my front door from Best Buy. I didn't order anything from Best Buy I say to myself. I take it inside and open it up and inside is a Switch with 2 games. No, I didn't send that back to Best Buy I kept it.
It is always morally correct to scam corporations.

Tacitus Kilgore

kiwifarms.net
It is always morally correct to scam corporations.
In this case I didn't do anything wrong. It was a screw up by UPS which was the carrier Best Buy used to ship my package to me. They marked it as delivered when they shouldn't have. They should have told me it was delayed or whatever was going on. Instead, they marked it delivered. It's on UPS as far as I am concerned.

FunPosting101

Ebin posting only, no other posts allowed! : DDDD
kiwifarms.net
I have two new recommendations, The first is Space Beast Terror Fright; https://store.steampowered.com/app/357330/Space_Beast_Terror_Fright/.
Basically an Action-Horror, Sci-Fi, procedurally generated FPS with arcade-like high scores for each playthrough.

The second was one that made a really good first impression on me over the course of about 8 hours or so; named Outriders, https://store.steampowered.com/app/680420/OUTRIDERS/.
It's a sci-fi third-person shooter with rpg elements basically. I'm not quite as confident about this recommendation though, I'm a sucker for games that let me shoot lots of dumbfucks and have special powers and crap like that, so your own mileage may vary quite a bit with this one.

Also the Immortal Empires update for Total Warhammer 3 will be out sometime in August, so anyone who's been waiting on that should be on the lookout for it around then.

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net
Recently took a chance with a game Yahtzee reviewed: Card Shark. It's a decent little minigame collection about cheating at card games, set in 18th century France. I'd recommend it.
Zachtronics has announced a new game named Last Call BBS that will be their last
View attachment 3399182
Zach got a job teaching hence the retirement.
As a Zach fan, I'm embarrassed to have only heard about this a few days ago.
Fortunately, this one looks solid. I'm a sucker for old computer aesthetics and the separate games look fun enough (though how you play some of them, like the dungeon and flesh ones, seems kind of vague).

albert the programmer

Robert George Kardashian was the best Kardashian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I sometimes wish fast food companies did this in current day. Though, instead, we would get PS5 discs as the demo discs,

Least Concern

Kill Count: π
kiwifarms.net
I sometimes wish fast food companies did this in current day.
What is "this?" Make corny advertisements? I don't get the gaming connection.

Interesting vid about a cult classic late-gen Japanese-developed Xbox game called Phantom Dust, directed by the guy behind the Panzer Dragoon series who the video maker is even able to land an interview with. I hadn't heard of it before but it looks very interesting and I'd love to give it a try. It was re-released on Windows and the Xbox One digital store - for free, even! - but I don't have access to either.

albert the programmer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is "this?" Make corny advertisements? I don't get the gaming connection.
Back in the 90’s and early 00’s, fast food places like Pizza Hut used to give out free demo discs of unreleased games for the PlayStation One.

Back then, it was either between Crash Bandicoot or Ape Escape, at least from this vid I saw on YouTube.

All I’m saying is that I wished Pizza Hut continued doing this, but then again, digital download exclusives would have taken over to the point that they would make physical CD’s look useless.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
I've eaten at a pizza hut once or twice in my life, always seemed overpriced. It was ok though.

If you're ever in Norway you should check out the pizza's or more importantly the lunch buffet at Peppe's or Dolly Dimples, it's almost the most ingenious scam I've ever seem.

Professor G. Raff

As above, so below
kiwifarms.net
Finished the new Cuphead DLC and I like it, though I don't like the design of any of the new fights nearly as much as the old ones, nor is the music anywhere near as catchy.

I also decided to finish S-ranking the 3 left-over base game bosses I hadn't done from way back and I gotta say it is very disappointing there is no achievement for doing this. It makes me not so keen on S-ranking the new bosses if it's not even gonna give me some low-ownership e-peen points. Did do one S-rank because for whatever reason there is an achievement for a single one, yet not a complete set. The new bosses are a decent step up in no-hit runs, probably comparable to the hardest in the base game.

albert the programmer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Arcade soccer games like these need to come back. FIFA Street was OK at best, but games like these were a hidden gem.

Samson Pumpkin Jr.

kiwifarms.net
As a Zach fan, I'm embarrassed to have only heard about this a few days ago.
Fortunately, this one looks solid. I'm a sucker for old computer aesthetics and the separate games look fun enough (though how you play some of them, like the dungeon and flesh ones, seems kind of vague).
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far! I think it's a great title and definitely worth checking out for fans of Zach Gage's work. The separate games are all pretty fun and have a lot of replay value, especially if you're trying to get high scores in them. I will say that the dungeon game can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually really enjoyable. Thanks for taking the time to check out this game - I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Just_a_Bored_Guy

Cruising with the guys
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the game so far! I think it's a great title and definitely worth checking out for fans of Zach Gage's work. The separate games are all pretty fun and have a lot of replay value, especially if you're trying to get high scores in them. I will say that the dungeon game can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually really enjoyable. Thanks for taking the time to check out this game - I hope you continue to enjoy it!
So far, I would say my favorites are 20th Century Food Court (which is a solid traditional Zach game) and Steed Force (which is just kind of relaxing).
Forbidden Path is strange since the materials keep changing, akin to Conway's Game of Life apparently.
The solitaires are good as always, prefer Sawayama (the Klondike variant) to Kabufuda (the matching one from Eliza)
Hack*Match is solid.
Dungeons and Diagrams is a pleasant pencil puzzle game. I doubt it will be too difficult to decipher.
And ChipWizard works well enough as a KOHCTPYKTOP sequel, appreciate the manual.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
I'd also agree that I'm incapable of changing your mind but I'd at least like to hear why you think so.
I think he's a great game designer but he would fail as a film maker. His plots and dialogue just aren't up to par in a serious medium like film. His heroes would probably cringe if forced to sit through the cut scenes to his last game.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Closed for summer
kiwifarms.net
I think he's a great game designer but he would fail as a film maker. His plots and dialogue just aren't up to par in a serious medium like film. His heroes would probably cringe if forced to sit through the cut scenes to his last game.
It could work if he made a movie that exists somewhere between The Sum of All Fears and MacGruber/Top Secret.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Arcade soccer games like these need to come back. FIFA Street was OK at best, but games like these were a hidden gem.
Rocket League is still around.

The problem with sports titles is the sheer cost of needing official teams or people just won't give a shit. So they need to have the appeal be elsewhere and add shit to the basic game rules like the use of weapons and other shit. Basically making a sports game that doesn't appeal to people who would buy a sports game.