Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deadwaste

it's 3 am go to bed you fuck
kiwifarms.net
Since everyone is starting their own streaming service, do you all think it's possible for game publishers to launch their own streaming service where all of their catalog is on it? Or is it too early and impossible to do it?
i mean uplay+ and origin access exists but i dont think they'll get into the cloud streaming thing.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
Maaaaaaan... I suddenly got hit with a deep wave of nostalgia for Age of Empires III, scoured the whole house to see if my copy was still around with no luck (pretty sure it and all my old PC games were dumped years ago by now), and finally checked on Steam only to find out I just missed a 75% off sale on it by roughly a week.

• Feels
Reactions: MsStevieMarie

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maaaaaaan... I suddenly got hit with a deep wave of nostalgia for Age of Empires III, scoured the whole house to see if my copy was still around with no luck (pretty sure it and all my old PC games were dumped years ago by now), and finally checked on Steam only to find out I just missed a 75% off sale on it by roughly a week.
There's a remastered version coming out soon, so you may want to hold on until that gets released.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
There's a ton of chiptune artists out there, but is there anyone out there that makes songs like FF7? I don't know why but that game's sound is so unique and I can't get enough of it.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
There's a ton of chiptune artists out there, but is there anyone out there that makes songs like FF7? I don't know why but that game's sound is so unique and I can't get enough of it.
Maybe tracker/module artists? It's not exact but it's the closest I can think of.

Basically if you like the sound of Amiga/Snes/GBA/DS games then it's basically that as FF7 was all sample based instead of being streamed.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Not sure where best to put this, but this thread seems like the best place...

Gmanlives uploaded a video highlighting the game Ultrakill and I was immediately struck by how good the artstyle looked. It’s basically if early 3D didn’t look like shit. I seriously wonder if this sort of low-res 3D style will become the pixel art of the 2020’s, because it’s actually feasible for a small team to churn out models/textures in this style. I see a lot of potential for these types of “early 3D”esque games in the future...

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Maybe tracker/module artists? It's not exact but it's the closest I can think of.

Basically if you like the sound of Amiga/Snes/GBA/DS games then it's basically that as FF7 was all sample based instead of being streamed.
FF7/FF8 on PC used midi for the music and it was horrible. MOD/tracker music is probably the right way to go but a lot of that music wasn't as symphonic or orchestral.

Agony for the Amiga might be somewhat close.

Shadow of the Beast was a shit game, don't let anyone tell you anything else, but it had good music. This is in the style of the moodier mod-music. It's the whole soundtrack so jump around.

The Unreal engine used mod music which was a bit unusual. It produced some really great things so here's the obligatory Deus Ex theme.

The early alpha for Unreal had some good tracks as well.

The intro theme was fantastic and the game still looks great.

Mod music is commonly associated with the Amiga and the demo scene, that stuff can be found on pouet.net or scene.org

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Boof the coof away
kiwifarms.net
I tried Dead by daylight on an xbox live free weekend and it just didn't click with me. I thought it was just something else I'd pass up, I tried fortnite before it hit big and went back to my beloved favorites. Oh well, just another shitty freemium game I dgaf, like paladins or Smite or Gems of War.

Now more and more streamers are picking it up and it's annoying and boring and I hate it.
Reading the dbd thread here is incomprehensible. I've played games with lots of things to level and all this but this shit is just unbelievably convulted and fucktarded.
"Yeah, uh, the killer has gonorrhea and fibroblast spongiform encephalitis. I used my bloodpoints to enhance my Diaper of shitting, the Totem of Totem bear and gummy bear gumgum nut juice. I sprayed motor honey into the gen and tonguefucked the carburetor but then the killer told my Mom I subbed to a fake Pokimane onlyfans and she made me clean the garage blah blah blah made up technical bullshit"

What the fuck is this shit, why does it exist and can't the streamer just focus on being a just dance whore so I can see her b cups jiggling around like the good ole days.
I likes me some skinny bitches, not seeing them play some game that is a festering pile of rancid ferret shit.

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
Really hanging out for the new Animal Crossing game. When playing games like this I usually like to name my town, farm or whatever something that appeals to my dark sense of humour. Something like Manor Farm or Jonestown but am struggling to come up with something for New Horizons. Best I came up with was Epstein Island but I get the feeling that will get me banhammered.

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Retired my old Thinkpad from casual use, finished my desktop build. Weird to know that it doesn't sound like a jet-engine taking off every time I load something intensive.

Anyway, if you want something that'll completely convince you on VR, try The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. Feels fantastic to play and the atmosphere is very similar to Telltale's. What's better is that the devs have been completely dedicated, releasing several major hotfixes in the past month of its release.

• Informative
Reactions: lemmiwinks

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
The Nintendo Playstation prototype is up for auction, but a tad on the expensive side

Finally, the console my mother always mentions has arrived.

Enter stage left, Fat Autist
*Fat Autist proceeds to buy up the console and then sits on it*

*60 years pass*

*on the morning after his death, the next of kin arranges for all the accumulated junk in Fat Autist's house to be dumped. Thousands of unreleased games are turned into cubes but at least their copyrights are OK*

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally, the console my mother always mentions has arrived.

Enter stage left, Fat Autist
*Fat Autist proceeds to buy up the console and then sits on it*

*60 years pass*

*on the morning after his death, the next of kin arranges for all the accumulated junk in Fat Autist's house to be dumped. Thousands of unreleased games are turned into cubes but at least their copyrights are OK*
I could just see that happen!

• Agree
Reactions: Coolio55
I see it more like the video game equivalent of someone who buys a classic car but never drives it. But it does remind me that I'm old enough to remember the point in history where people were dismissing the idea that a company that made TVs and hi-fis could ever succeed in the console business.

Tags
None