• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Hitman 2 if you own both the legacy pack and the season pass:

View attachment 1151277

jfc
Developers are getting lazier and lazier.

Every game is like a fucking terabyte on it's own and despite only marginal improvements graphics and gameplay wise from the PS3 era they chug like shit on the Unreal 4 "GPU Fan raper" program.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Something about Jet Set Radio is kicking up, at least in the community aspect of it. A bunch of content creators changed to the same kind of social media avatar to promote some new.. Website? Which also launched a JSR custom character hashtag. No idea what's going on really but found a website with a bunch of gang-specific playlists and it's pretty lit.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Something about Jet Set Radio is kicking up, at least in the community aspect of it. A bunch of content creators changed to the same kind of social media avatar to promote some new.. Website? Which also launched a JSR custom character hashtag. No idea what's going on really but found a website with a bunch of gang-specific playlists and it's pretty lit.

Jetsetradio.live has existed since like 2016 and it's pretty cool. No idea what this new fan character is though.
I know Hideki's been fighting pretty hard for a new JSR and I hope we get it some day. That series is too beautiful to die.

spannerslob

kiwifarms.net
Developers are getting lazier and lazier.

Every game is like a fucking terabyte on it's own and despite only marginal improvements graphics and gameplay wise from the PS3 era they chug like shit on the Unreal 4 "GPU Fan raper" program.
It took me years to get around to playing RAGE due to the filesize, and Max Payne 3 has been sitting in my steam library for years. In the past I've legit purchased games on steam, then downloaded a pirated repack just to save download time/space.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
ArsTechnica uploaded the extended interview with Lorne Lanning(Oddworld) from their War Stories series.

It's just Lanning talking for 3 hours straight. The topic is developing Abe's Odyssey, of course, but there's also stories about seeing homeless people grill dead dogs, why the cocktail table arcade machines in the 70's/80's made insane amounts of money(it was a dating thing), Reagan's Star Wars, the general history of vidya and as always he is fascinating and engaging. Pro-click.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Ars Technica are pretty awful but War Stories is really good. The one on Blade Runner (Westwood) is particularly interesting from a technological standpoint.
I also liked the Stardock guy not knowing what memory fragmentation was and neutered his game because it kept crashing. In 2010. Nigga please.

Silver Chariot

Oi Josuke! I used ZA HANDO to erase our avatars!
kiwifarms.net
I hate this new trend of paid DLCs. I get it if it adds a significant amount of content - adding a 20-40 hour experience on top of a 40-60 hour one, for example - but most DLCs these days just add skins and game modes that you can beat in a day.

Oh, and also paying for "premium online services", but i guess that's more understandable.

This Skullgirls thread had an amazing reply I needed to share: https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/fbk8dv/real_soviet_damage_or_why_skullgirls_sucks/

Imagine being so butthurt that someone destroyed your cultish game and its culture that you devolved into cultish defense of your game.

I for one cannot imagine why this game and its cultist defenders are mocked everywhere, or why people generally think more highly of the less saddled, so to speak, my little pony total conversion mod than REAL SOVIET DAMAGE girls. Imagine being so pathetic a game, with such a pathetic a community, you get annihilated by bronies not only when it comes to character design, but gameplay mechanics, actual fighting game community support, and being a memorable game.

Simply stating that the game has less depth than star gladiator is enough to get the "community" extremely angry, even 8 years on. I love it the way the Major loves war.

I don't even know why I bothered making an actual response to a question, I should have linked my review, like I have for years. You guys are so easily triggered, it's almost like you have absolutely nothing to show for your fanatical devotion to HYPER FIGHTING and muh resets, and the church of REAL SOVIET DAMAGE. Almost.

Only almost. At least with star gladiator, I eventully got a soundtrack like this:

YouTube™ Video: Star Gladiator 2 OST - Illusion of Peace Views: 19,526 Album: Star Gladiator 2 ~Nightmare of Bilstein~ Original Soundtrack Track: 06 - Illusion of Peace For entertainment purposes ONLY. Not for sale or distribution. Property of CAPCOM.

Mangcho

That's a very nice hat.
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing the New Cities beta for a couple of weeks and it's been fun. On the surface it's a stripped-down city simulator with charming graphics, but the depth lies in the economic and traffic systems. Entire sections of your city can be copied and pasted as blueprints, allowing for uniform traffic layouts. The developer built the game entirely himself and it's done well on IndieGoGo. A number of goods are in the works, like a national stock exchange that affects your local economy, and a proper highway system. You also make nearly every purchase on credit, meaning it's hard to run out of cash in the early days. It's a good alternative to Cities: Skylines if you want something more streamlined and less time-consuming.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Going through old screenshots and I found this:

JonStJohn throwing a fit on facebook.JPG

From the Duke Nukem Facebook page, back in 2016.

If you don't remember, Duke3D 20th Anniversary was Gearbox's own rerelease that supplanted Megaton Edition. Megaton Edition was a great version of the game that came with the three expansion packs, while 20th Anniversary didn't. They threw in a brand new episode, but it was otherwise a buggy letdown. Upon release, they also removed Megaton from every single digital marketplace - including PS3's, Vita's, and Xbox 360's, while 20th Anniversary was only on the 8th gen systems.
There was some backlash, but it didn't really help matters. 20th Anniversary's still sitting at "Very Positive" reviews on Steam right now, and Megaton's gone for good. I guess the one saving grace is that 20th Anniversary eventually got disc-based releases for PS4 & XB1, but they were Gamestop exclusives. If you want to play any of the expansion packs but didn't get Megaton when it was available, you have to pirate them or hunt down some ancient discs.

Jon St. John to Gearbox's critics:

smallmilk

good for you
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what happened to Rides with Strangers? They fufilled their kickstarter and made another game to fund it but the game is still in development. It has a really good concept but I have doubts if we'll ever see it

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pissmaster

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
Decided to go through a shitload of indie VR games and pleasantly surprised. One of my new favorites is Zooma - a VR variant of Zuma. Can actually get pretty tense when you've got more than 1 line in a 3D environment. Worth a shot to explore the "New" section of Steam if you've got the time to do so.

On an unrelated note, I'm loving the recent trend of games bringing back demos. FF7R and Resident Evil 3 particularly.

Tags
None