Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tehpope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a bit hyped for the Xbox Series X. Have a Xbox One S. Don't use it a lot but the new system looks pretty good. What really sold me was the backwards compatibility with Xbox One software, including Xbox 360 and Original Xbox games.

• Agree
Reactions: NumberingYourState

Zaryiu

No one important
kiwifarms.net
FUCK i'm trying to make a new character in Pathfinder Kingmaker and there's a bug that's really annoying me something fierce: I don't know why but the game lock every party member to Neutral and no matter my choices it stay right there in the middle not even moving a little when i make a moral choice! I have never seen a bug like that before

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Spent a good chunk of time on Code Vein then Mount & Blade, then bought Death's Gambit because I was sick of my old games. Instead of enjoying that shiny new game feel, muscle memory was really fucking me up with DG because both it and CV are soulslike even though both of them are wildly different to each other. I don't make the same mistakes in M&B because it's different 'enough'. Controllers 'feel bad' to me which makes sense because I only started using one for PC in my late teens and I grew up with a Nintendo DS. Going from that to having two sticks, more buttons and swapped button letters just fucked me up fam. If I knew how to drive I guess it's like going from auto to manual. Or knowing archery then being given a rifle on the assumption you know how to use one because they both shoot. My brain hurts.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
Spending time with the extended family, mostly making sure my nephews don't kill each other while their parents are at work. I am noticing some things about this generation of gamers that makes me disappointed as a gamer. These kids are between the ages of 12 and 17, as are some of their friends that I've watched play.

• First off, they don't turn their PlayStation off. Ever. That fucker is on all night and all day, just running. It makes my skin crawl. I turn it off after they go to bed.
  • They have this really nice controller charging station, it's cool stuff! They never dock their controllers after finishing a session with a game. Then bitch and moan about the controllers never having enough battery.
  • Monetization has turned them into the kind of addicts that 90s parents could only imagine in their worst nightmares. The packs and skins are more exciting than the recycled gamepla- oh I guess that just clicked with me.
  • Single-player is fucking dead. If it doesn't have multiplayer, it's not a video game.
  • These kids have no clue how to operate a computer and zero proficiency with electronics. A bit broad here, but damn these walled gardens of Apple and Android (lesser) have stripped away any useful skills that could be acquired passively.
  • "Gaming PC" is never going away. Fuck me in the ass.

I'm working with the youngest one though. His skill level is lower than his brothers so he doesn't immediately want to compete all the time. He said Shadow of the Colossus looked neat, so I have that downloading overnight for him to try. It'll be a tough game for him, but at least he shows an interest. He also thought SWAT 4 on my computer looked cool, but wished it had multiplayer "like Rainbow"...

It's a process. Otherwise the kids are pretty cool. I just don't get the lack of care for their stuff, that's a really big one for me. They take care of their guns and compound bows (children having these things is normal in hunting country), but not their equally-expensive and fragile gaming hardware. There's very little appreciation for the equipment.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Finished 'The Outer Worlds', I thought it was mediocre.

The game was massively overhyped. The world/lore/characters became grating or boring...

The combat, although slick, was extremely easy...

The whole consumable system was pointless and cumbersome...

But the most dissapointing thing was the humor. It was mostly unfunny. I was expecting something overtly satrical. Instead it was either snarky or whimsical. Most of the jokes fell flat...

Still, I finished it while completing over 90 percent of the trophies.

I don't think I can muster another playthrough for a platnium. I have zero interest to revisit it...

Water-T

NOTICE ME SENPAI HANSEN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • First off, they don't turn their PlayStation off. Ever. That fucker is on all night and all day, just running. It makes my skin crawl. I turn it off after they go to bed.
  • They have this really nice controller charging station, it's cool stuff! They never dock their controllers after finishing a session with a game. Then bitch and moan about the controllers never having enough battery.
  • Monetization has turned them into the kind of addicts that 90s parents could only imagine in their worst nightmares. The packs and skins are more exciting than the recycled gamepla- oh I guess that just clicked with me.
  • Single-player is fucking dead. If it doesn't have multiplayer, it's not a video game.
  • These kids have no clue how to operate a computer and zero proficiency with electronics. A bit broad here, but damn these walled gardens of Apple and Android (lesser) have stripped away any useful skills that could be acquired passively.
This describes my pre-teen nephew to a T. Never turns off his fucking PS4. Doesn't fucking charge his other controller and then bitches about the controller dying. Is always begging his mom for PSN cards to buy more useless skins. Mostly plays multiplayer garbage like Fortnite and Dragonball Xenoverse. Constantly calls me on the phone when his PS4 so much as freezes up (because he continues to run Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, and GTA Online at the SAME FUCKING TIME). Even his tech-tarded mom knows how to use an iPhone better than he can.

Goddamn kids nowadays shouldn't be allowed to have a console until they can play an Atari or NES game without crying about "where are the microtransactions and online multiplayer?"

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Aren't PS4's designed to be always on? Nintendo's been doing that since the Wii era. Totally agree with you about the stupid fuckers and their never charged controllers though, the same thing happens with my idiot cousin.

Reactions: The Last Stand

Radical Cadre

kiwifarms.net
Aren't PS4's designed to be always on? Nintendo's been doing that since the Wii era. Totally agree with you about the stupid fuckers and their never charged controllers though, the same thing happens with my idiot cousin.
They seem to be designed to be left on for long periods of time but I always try to turn any computer/device off at least once every 24 hours if at all possible. Bringing a system back to zero is usually a good move for continued system health.

The young one started Shadow of the Colossus today. He seems to like the game but he was on his cellphone during the entire opening sequence and now expects me to tell him what is happening. I told him to restart the game and try it without his cellphone this time. He was not pleased. 8)

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Haha, holy shit. Wendy's, the restaurant, has a twitch channel. The comments are all people talking about food, there are ads in the top and bottom corner of the stream and right now the Animal Crossing character being played is customized to look just like the mascot.

No Exit

Corona-chan took my job
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was hoping to buy an old Switch online so I can hack it and cure this lockdown boredom but damn, everyone is asking nearly full retail price for them. The emulator is taking a long time to be properly functional too. I got that comfy soy game itch and the older stuff just isn't scratching it as good as it used too.

I really wish Nintendo things depreciated in value as quickly as other game companies stuff does. No game console is worth paying $500+ for, especially when half the libraries are on PC nowadays.

Tags
None