Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
So the Smash brothers scandal has apparently scared nintendo shitless, Japan issued a statement within a few hours that's how serious this shit is(the only time they issued a statement that quickly was when their live presentations bombed with their audience).

I've kind of got a feeling that the party is fucking over and they're going to go full Draconian again and start censoring or refusing to publish questionable shit. Because this is like Disney being Found out that it associated with a group of pedophiles that they endorsed....except it's Nintendo. This is a big fortnite oof to their cultivated family friendly brand image.

This is a bigger deal than the Switch Joycons(that they're still in court over).

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

CHOO CHOO, MOTHERFUCKERS.
kiwifarms.net
I'm just starting Pathfinder Kingmaker, but the game is giving me big time woke vibes. Does this persist throughout the whole game, or am I just being a fag?

Probably both honestly.
On one hand, PF:K seems to get a bit woke in spots. The barbarian chick you (probably, assuming you're Good/Neutralish) start with in party is just over-the-top stronk womyn right down to her backstory (and honestly she's not even that good a barbarian), the LN fighter lady also smacks of various woke-ish talking points (fuck religion, fuck people who tell me I'm pretty, etc.) and she just outright sucks... handful of other moments that kind of made me roll my eyes. Does that ruin the game for me? Not really. What ruins the game is shit like having to chase that fucking asshole gnome down an old mineshaft filled with venomous spiders and crap and there are NO FUCKING ANTIDOTES TO LOOT and if you didn't come with a sack full of the damned things, well, FUCK YOU, player. I just fucking stopped playing at that point, and I probably should grit my teeth and pick PF:K back up again (forewarned this time). But seriously, what absolute asshole sets a player up like that?

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to brush up on my Zelda history.

Growing up, I only knew about A Link To The Past and Link’s Awakening as the first time I heard about the series. It wasn’t until when I was starting in university did I learn about Majora’s Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Now I just found out today about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

And that’s supposed to be the more critically acclaimed version of Zelda games since Ocarina of Time.

All this time, I thought it was Wind Waker.

50545D60-F263-4237-9ADC-C4C701671DAA.gif

Why are there so many Zelda games, Kiwis?

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
So Turn 10 banned the Confederate Flag from Forza. Shame all those General Lee designs have to be ruined just so the company can give the impression that they care. They certainly didn't show with the years they let General Lee design exist in the franchise.

https://twitter.com/forza_support/status/1276621666278232064
It's interesting how it seems that the Confederate flag has become more reviled than the Nazi flag in recent weeks.

I mean goddamn, how long will it be before shows like the Dukes of Hazard have all traces of that flag erased?

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
So Turn 10 banned the Confederate Flag from Forza. Shame all those General Lee designs have to be ruined just so the company can give the impression that they care. They certainly didn't show with the years they let General Lee design exist in the franchise.

Japanese players are tearing them a new asshole over the Rising Sun flag ban.

So the Smash brothers scandal has apparently scared nintendo shitless, Japan issued a statement within a few hours that's how serious this shit is(the only time they issued a statement that quickly was when their live presentations bombed with their audience).

I've kind of got a feeling that the party is fucking over and they're going to go full Draconian again and start censoring or refusing to publish questionable shit. Because this is like Disney being Found out that it associated with a group of pedophiles that they endorsed....except it's Nintendo. This is a big fortnite oof to their cultivated family friendly brand image.

This is a bigger deal than the Switch Joycons(that they're still in court over).
IDK about censorship but I'd bet Smash tournaments are done for the forseeable future.

Last edited:

Drakonnan

I'm working on it.
kiwifarms.net
Japanese players are tearing them a new asshole over the Rising Sun flag ban.

IDK about censorship but I'd bet Smash tournaments are done for the forseeable future.
If Nintendo starting censoring games like Sony again it will be interesting to see what the weebs will do.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Ghost of Tsushima (Sony's other big game that's flown under the radar thanks to TLOU2 being a mess - out July 17th) is going to have a 8GB day one patch, 11GB if in Europe for all the language options. I hope this one doesn't suck, it could be my first full price game purchase of the year.

New Fag

kiwifarms.net

They may have banned it but look what I just found under 'recommended' skins for a charger, description is " General Lee Defender. Support Heritage. Support Police."

1594135087248.png

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All the PC gamers and tech forums sperg about new graphics cards and cpus but I can't think of a single game that requires a high end GPU that I actually want to play, they're all garbage made by known to be shit companies like Ubisoft or EA.
Hitman 3 but that's not out until January, and Final Fantasy VII Remake whenever that's out.

That's all for me.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Steam sale is gonna end soon. Spent good money on less than 10 dollar DLCs and decided to bey Baldur's Gate 2 EE - less than 10 bucks.

Tags
None