Video Game Chat Thread - Pre-Alpha Experimental Version

Are videogames for children?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
I thought I just had a Berenstain Bears moment

I could have sworn "Namco Bandai" was that company's name, until I just now noticed something that said "Bandai Namco". So I checked Wikipedia and apparently they swapped who gets top billing in 2014, when Namco Bandai Games merged into Bandai Namco Entertainment? But I checked one of my older games from '07, and it indeed says "Bandai Namco" in that order.

That's confusing and I'm not autistic enough to read up on the timeline, but I guess from here on out they're officially "Bandai Namco" universally.

you gotta get game company names right so when you ask a question your thread doesn't get derailed by total retards nitpicking about the order of the names, or capitalization, or whatever the fuck weird bullshit the official name uses just for style. i've seen idiots argue over the slash in "Fate/Stay Night"
I’m pretty sure the logo always read as “Bandai Namco”.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Yes, also don't play Mankind Divided, it's shit.
Speak of the devil, I just finished that game on my backlog.

I thought it was decent, like a solid 7. The big thing lacking was the globe trotting aspect. The game feels much smaller in scale than HR...

I think my issue with it: it feels WAY too much like a middle act. You would be lost about most things if you didn't play HR. You don't get any sort of payoff until a hypothetical finale.

I still had fun with the main campaign. Breach sucked though, I'm baffled why they wasted time developing that. Especially when they could have incorporated the DLC into the campaign...

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
and the person who wrote the story cared more about making BLM allegories instead of a proper follow up to HR.
I thought it was more heavy handed semetic allegories...

The conciet of the game was interesting for like twenty minutes. Then, it became more tedious and overstated...

Still, it seems like the aug bigotry was a natural progression from HR..

Personally, I just wanted to be done with Jensen/augs and get more into "X-files stuff."

The constant corporate espionage is kinda boring. I mean it's functional, but it doesn't excite. I collected every single piece of info and didn't read a single fucking thing. The emails and world building was so boring in this game...

Now, they don't seem to have a choice but to finish off Jensen's story...

What I did like: the powers were cool and well integrated. Even though it's smaller scaled than HR, it's better paced. I liked the customization of character and weapon synergy...

Last edited:

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone here play Clubhouse Games? I searched and didn’t see any mention. I would really like someone to bowl with. I can hardly ever find players to match with online.

Kiwifarmsname

I cant game
kiwifarms.net
do you guys think something like the psp phone would sell in the 20s with things like minecraft, pubg and fortnite being ported pretty damn well to the phone?

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
do you guys think something like the psp phone would sell in the 20s with things like minecraft, pubg and fortnite being ported pretty damn well to the phone?
Asus announced their new gamer phone with a 144hz OLED display, up to 16GB of RAM and a bunch of other shit. The PSPhone still exists in that way.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Safir

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
what game on a phone would run more than 60 fps
Furthermore, how many AAA sooper dooper high def graphics games are on a fucking phone?
The only use I can think of is making PS2 and Gamecube/Wii emulation on Phones viable.

Basil II

kiwifarms.net
graphics arent everything. Id image a quick shooter like cod mobile would do good for doctors office waits
eh feels a bit stupid to spend $1000 to get slightly better FPS in fucking COD mobile, not to mention the game will probably take a shit due to internet anyway.

Kiwifarmsname

I cant game
kiwifarms.net
eh feels a bit stupid to spend $1000 to get slightly better FPS in fucking COD mobile, not to mention the game will probably take a shit due to internet anyway.
I think that Id be worth it for a traveling business man or something like that. those kinds of people made up alot of the sales of the psp if I recall correctly.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Basil II

Basil II

kiwifarms.net
I think that Id be worth it for a traveling business man or something like that. those kinds of people made up alot of the sales of the psp if I recall correctly.
But most phone games are just trash designed to get you to spend money, the difference is handhelds like the PSP and DS had actual games.

Tags
None