Video Game Idea Thread -

BatNapalm

Killed Captain Clown
kiwifarms.net
Was thinking about some old, forgotten game franchises/intellectual properties that we haven't seen a new incarnation of in quite some time.

A new Primal Rage game that takes a hint from those Godzilla fighting games with a heavy emphasis on environmental interaction/destruction.

Also, a Nightmare Creatures reboot that is more atmospheric and less linear than its predecessors (maybe more of an open-ended paranormal/monster killer game with some dungeon crawling elements to it). Don't know if I'd like it to be more survival horror or stick with the action-oriented focus of the original games. Either way, I thought it was a cool concept that could have decent potential with today's technology.

A current-gen re-imagining of the cyberpunk adventure game Snatcher in the style of like an LA Noir kind of story-driven game this has some action but isn't 100% action 100% of the time. Their that or another early Kojima game, Policenauts.

A new version of that weird, quirky PS2 mech game RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive. I know the final product didn't play well and was very clunky (not to mention it had some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, which sounded like the actors recorded the lines at gunpoint) but the idea was solid and I think someone, somewhere can make it work. Also, more customization options for your robots and even the little human remote controlling it.

Last edited:

Carlson

kiwifarms.net
A new version of that weird, quirky PS2 mech game RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive. I know the final product didn't play well and was very clunky (not to mention it had some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, which sounded like the actors recorded the lines at gunpoint) but the idea was solid and I think someone, somewhere can make it work. Also, more customization options for your robots and even the little human remote controlling it.

I remember that! Playstation Magazine had a demo disc (back when printed magazines with included demo discs were a thing) that included a demo of it. I thought it was cool as hell, but I'm pretty sure I'd be frustrated with it if I had bought it as a kid.

Ruckersvillian

A TRUE and HONEST resident of Ruckersville
kiwifarms.net
Mythbusters: The Video Game. Play as Adam Savage or Jamie Hyneman (Grant, Tory and Kari are unlockable characters) and assemble items collected around the bay area to address popular myths. Can you "bust" or prove "plausible" a myth without completely draining your character's health bar?

Dance Dance Saturday Night Fever. Recreate Tony Manero's famous dancing at a lovingly detailed digital representation of the "2001 Odyssey" discotheque. Score enough points with the right disco moves to win first place in the disco dancing contest and win Stephanie's heart. Also includes several exciting bonus minigames: "making out in the car" (can you finish with your date before Tony is ready to drive home?) and "dancing on the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge".

Online Debate. Do you have what it takes to score an ultimate victory over the "sheeple" online? Find out with this faithful reconstruction of online debate in exciting video game form. Create an online person from the robust Creature Creator and load your arsenal with any of a number of weapons to "pwn" your opponent, including: 'issue atomizer', which reduces complex arguments to simplistic talking points; 'Godwin's Law launcher', a powerful weapon that shoots references to Hitler at your opponents; and many, many more! Hours of frustrating, tear-your-hair-out-at-its-roots fun guaranteed!

Smokedaddy

Finer than frogs' hair
Deceased
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
A game that when you start it up, it looks like you're watching live daytime talk-tv (Oprah interviewing Britney Spears or something) "in front of a live studio audience." It'd have to look just like the real sets currently used for the particular shows that appear, and the more celebrity likenesses / speech you can license, the better. It can't always play or start the same way, either, you'd need a bunch a scenarios -- so licensing would be a nightmare, and you'll need a publisher with deep pockets, but hey. They have them.

After the "tv show" gets started, guests are introduced, applause ends, etc., then a countdown timer starts running unobtrusively in a corner of your screen. An aiming reticle and ammo count + type appear. You are then free to target anything you can see from the broadcast camera's viewpoint, and the "world" reacts appropriately -- people dive for cover, run for the exits, scenery comes crashing down, the unlucky get splattered. The object is to delay them finding out where the shots / bombs / rocks are coming from until the countdown ends.. Soon security will show up, and if you last long enough the police will arrive. Destroying strategic targets knocks time off your countdown. If you manage to block an exit, kill the electricity, or get the fire sprinklers going, that's all good. Casualties also count in your favor; the studio audience is basically cannon fodder, but fragging celebrities is huge. If you can last until the timer runs expires before somebody figures out it's all coming from the camera, you can "change channels" and switch to a different show, where nothing has gone wrong and nobody suspects anything -- yet. You aren't a member of the audience or a terrorist run amok an NBC or anything; you play the part of a camera that has Had Enough and wreaks vengeance on the herd it's been pacifying all these years. That also explains why the armed guards just don't shoot you when they charge in a few minutes into a scenario -- there's nobody in the place with weapons, and that makes it difficult to figure out who is doing it.

Ultimate victory would be starting with morning talk shows, making your way through the afternoon and evening fare, and finally saying goodnight after emerging from the end-boss fight with the host of whatever the late, late show is these days.

Payday

Jenny! #Payday #RocketLauncher
kiwifarms.net
Take your typical realistic, one-shot-kills, gritty first person shooter with an emphasis on expansive environments.....and put it in the Old West. Give it all the traditional trappings (cover system, traditional FPS aiming instead of the ARMA 2 floaty controls, and excellent effects and graphics instead of something bare bones), but make the damage high and the gunfights as close to real life as possible. I spent a long time reading about actual Old West gunfights, and they have a unique feeling to them that you just don't get elsewhere.

Also, a tank simulator set in World War I.
look up law of the west, there's your idea

Payday

kiwifarms.net
....the Commodore 64 game?

Hell yeah! It's from a first person perspective, it's one shot you die and there's shooting! Okay, okay it may not be AS gritty as you want it but I'd say there's hella grit to it with prostitutes, bank robbers, a drunk sheriff, etc.

pls dont hurt me

Carlson

kiwifarms.net
Hell yeah! It's from a first person perspective, it's one shot you die and there's shooting! Okay, okay it may not be AS gritty as you want it but I'd say there's hella grit to it with prostitutes, bank robbers, a drunk sheriff, etc.

pls dont hurt me

"You know, I really want a game where you have to try and survive for a long time in a hostile environment collecting items hidden around it, while invincible enemies hunt you down with unique personalities and strategies. Like, you can stun them, but only if you find a few disposable items that are one use only. And you need to keep finding food and water, or you die."

"Did you try Pac-Man?"

Payday

kiwifarms.net
"You know, I really want a game where you have to try and survive for a long time in a hostile environment collecting items hidden around it, while invincible enemies hunt you down with unique personalities and strategies. Like, you can stun them, but only if you find a few disposable items that are one use only. And you need to keep finding food and water, or you die."

"Did you try Pac-Man?"
I'm a giant fucking idiot, I'm sorry

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After watching one Let's Play video of the NES Remix Wii U game, and considering that they also covered a sequel NES Remix 2, perhaps there should have another NES Remix featuring notorious NES games such as Action 52, Back To The Future, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and many moar. :epik:

EDIT: Did a photoshop of it:

UDQ8jSJ.jpg

Last edited:

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One sort of video game idea I have is similar to Wizardry and the King's Field Additional games. The player forms their own party and traverse through a region, going through dungeons, taking on quest, and exploring towns. The story itself would be non-existent in a sense (though the player could do the main quest, there would be nothing stopping the player from doing something else). The races and classes themselves would be similar to that of Wizardry (Human Ninja, Elf Priest, Dracon Fighter, Rawulf Lord). Really, the game itself would just be a shout-out to Wizardry.

SmugTomato

The Cackledemon
kiwifarms.net
Ultimate victory would be starting with morning talk shows, making your way through the afternoon and evening fare, and finally saying goodnight after emerging from the end-boss fight with the host of whatever the late, late show is these days.

geoff-peterson.jpg
Noooo!

I've had a few ideas floating around but I don't think I'll get to act on them for a while. One of them was a total conversion mod for Red Orchestra 2 using the STALKER setting, focusing on combat, but with blowouts and anomalies still being a threat.

The rounds would include lower tech Bandit vs Stalker shitfights, with people blasting each other with rusty Makarovs, obrez cut-down rifles and shotguns in a King of the Hill over a small, close quarters combat area, like the lumber mill in Call of Pripyat or the Trash Heap.

Midrange fights involve Duty v. Freedom, a mix of aged and modern military surplus from NATO and WP militaries, with fights set over multiple objectives and an importance based on collecting artefacts and scavenging loot to build up resources for the team and player.

Top end combat has the Army and groups of more elite Stalkers trying to seize objectives across a larger area toward the center of the Zone like Pripyat, with both teams trying to beat each other to the mark. A rare Artefact, sources of strange transmissions and other things, the kicker is Monolith patrol the area heavily, and while they don't know what the intruders are looking for, once they find out they will set up a heavy defence. RO2's version of the Unreal engine lends itself well to both close quarters, mid and long range combat and encourages cautious play, teamwork and cunning.

Last edited:

ParkourDude91

Retired, Wounded Veteran.
kiwifarms.net
OK I have a really sick game idea...Basically i have had this idea for a while..> I had thisi dea in high school but i never like thought about it until I saw this thread haha... Pretty much its like this, your a spec op, send back thru time to be time traveling to World war 2, and your basically taking out the enemy soldiers on all possible flanks, surrounded on all sides and shit but its like, "The Future Invades the Past", You have all these AMAZING airstrikes and tech, and guns and shit and theyre just pretty much defenseless. There was a game like this kinda a while ago but it sucked dick so I would do it right, with cool ass guns and everything. Because baiscally the way it would work is, you could go through all the different timezones, to stop another time traveling guy whos like evil and did all this stuff in history, like if Hitler had a time machine kinda and you had to stop hitler. Then at the end you find out the bad guy was you all along because you created a friggin time paradox cuz you kill yourself. Thats cool as hell right. I came up with that when I was blazed, and watching some movies, but I think its a really cool idea lol. Some times they say the best insperation comes when your faded haha. Being a soldier though of course its like me to make a friggin game about war but what can i say dude. Basically I think thats a sick ass idea but like thats truly dope ok on this sight.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
OK I have a really sick game idea...Basically i have had this idea for a while..> I had thisi dea in high school but i never like thought about it until I saw this thread haha... Pretty much its like this, your a spec op, send back thru time to be time traveling to World war 2, and your basically taking out the enemy soldiers on all possible flanks, surrounded on all sides and shit but its like, "The Future Invades the Past", You have all these AMAZING airstrikes and tech, and guns and shit and theyre just pretty much defenseless. There was a game like this kinda a while ago but it sucked dick so I would do it right, with cool ass guns and everything. Because baiscally the way it would work is, you could go through all the different timezones, to stop another time traveling guy whos like evil and did all this stuff in history, like if Hitler had a time machine kinda and you had to stop hitler. Then at the end you find out the bad guy was you all along because you created a friggin time paradox cuz you kill yourself. Thats cool as hell right. I came up with that when I was blazed, and watching some movies, but I think its a really cool idea lol. Some times they say the best insperation comes when your faded haha. Being a soldier though of course its like me to make a friggin game about war but what can i say dude. Basically I think thats a sick ass idea but like thats truly dope ok on this sight.
Call of Duty: World at Modern War 3.