Video Game Music -

ExceptionallyExceptional

Autism Incarnate
kiwifarms.net
I used to frequent OC Remix for most of my music way back. It's a great place to find music that just works as background noise while you do other shit. And some of the artists there are pretty incredible remixing video game music.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Despite being a bunch of straight A assholes when it comes to difficulty and lack of beginner friendliness. Atlus sure do knows how to make great music.

Personal favorites:

Large Map (Real Universe) ~ 5:34
Mystery ~ 17:02
Large Map ~ 21:12
Chiaki ~ 32:40
Normal Battle (Town) ~ 34:22
Boss Battle ~ 52:14
Normal Battle (Large Map) ~ 1:01:00
Junk Shop ~ 1:07:52
Reincarnation ~ 1:48:05
Staff Roll ~ 1:49:52

Last edited:

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
I love everything about Soul Calibur VI. The soundtrack ist just a thing of beauty. The following track is from my favourite stage.
"Welcome to the stage of history, retold."

Lord_Ghoul

kiwifarms.net

Just got done fighting the Mantis Lords on Hollow Knight. This song just makes the boss fight. The quick reactions you have to make while in tune to it just makes it feel more like a dance than anything.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
From my point of view, Halo set the golden standard for video game music for the 21st Century. I honestly don't think any other game made after 2000 has such a diverse and recognizable score.
Obviously, there's the theme
But so many of the other tracks throughout the original three games are absolutely fantastic
There's too many great ones for me to list but these ones stand out the most to me.

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Killer7's soundtrack is great, it's so mysterious and very enchanting. I'm also playing Danganronpa for the first time and I couldn't help but notice that the music sounded very similar to another game and thanks to @Ride, I got the answer I was looking for. Anyways, Killer7, I don't even know what to describe it. Like said earlier, it's so mysterious, enchanting, very haunting but also very jazzy. And added with a lot of tension as the story unfolds, I also get reminded of the earlier Shin Megami Tensei games and Persona 1 (PSX version) and 2, and that's a good thing. :)

Personal favorites:

3. Blackburn - 3:09
4. Where Angels Play - 7:23
7. Election Plot - 13:06
9. Russian Roulette - 20:43
10. Geopolitics - 24:37
12. Back to the Light - 26:54
13. Vote Falsification - 28:46
16. Love - 33:49 ~ Hey @scorptatious is it safe to say that Love is just a couple synths away from being a SMT 3 dialogue BGM?
17. When the May Rain Comes - 35:08

I noticed that I'm going in order on all my favorite soundtracks but this whole soundtrack is absolutely awesome to listen to. I'm not that big into visual novels but the only reason why I'm going to keep playing Danganronpa is because of the soundtrack, and also the art style is very charming.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino