Video game voice actor Troy Baker is now promoting NFTs - overused overrated voice actor gets dragged

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just here to see Troy get dragged. His nonsense with trying to create a VA union to gatekeep with Wil Wheaton pretty much put him on my eternal shitlist.
Lani Minella was right when she said the strike was pointless. Troy could easy go ficore which enables him to work both union and non union. Disappointing that Jennifer Hale is also in his group because she genuinely seemed cool. But I think, like him, she got overexposed. Doesn't help she has Disney in her pocket. I hope to jesus people like Tress MacNellie, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Jon McLaren, Roger Craig Smith, etc aren't in the same group.

He was married once before. I'm sure he drove her out with his ego. But then I feel like he should just be in a threeway relationship with Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham since they're super super close.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Tara Strong and Rob Paulsen also got involved. Mess.
Rob ended up backing out - or is at least reconsidering - his deal with Holidayverse after everyone suggested he look into NFTs further before making the leap.
(Archive)
(Archive)
Tara on the other hand, in those replies even, reacted exactly how you'd think she'd react.
(Archive)
(Archive isn't working right now, will update later with links.)
EDIT: Archives added.

Last edited:

Articles and Nudes

kiwifarms.net
Does Troy have any actual range? Like Steven Blum I've never heard him do more than one voice or personality.

Even Nolan North mixes it up in terms of character for Chrissake.

Sundae

Clown Mutt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Troy have any actual range? Like Steven Blum I've never heard him do more than one voice or personality.

The only other voice/personality I can think of that Steven Blum has done was his voice for Guilmon in the English dub of Digimon Tamers.

Articles and Nudes

kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I remember Blum getting all smug about that because quaffing helium apparently destroys The Narrative he had no range.

Scarlett Johansson

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Its.....Yuri Lowell to like....Joker I guess? But stuff like Pagan Min, Vincent, bioshock lead, the gay big dude from Persona, Nathan drakes brother, etc all sound too similar. Same with Laura Bailey, Kate Higgins, and the entire cast of Persona 5 lmao.

You want someone who has range? Lani Minella, Cam Clarke, Cree Summer and Phil LaMarr are all perfect choices.

Michael Wade

Jesus Christ is king, the way, and the life.
kiwifarms.net
The only other voice/personality I can think of that Steven Blum has done was his voice for Guilmon in the English dub of Digimon Tamers.
Blum actually has a decent amount of range, Troy... is capable from what ive seen of his early work, but it seems like he doesnt try much anymore.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really don't understand why NFTs generate so much autism.
I get making fun of NFTs, they're a pretty stupid fad and definitely part of the reason why PC parts are so hard to find, but getting genuinely mad over someone selling internet drawings is a little excessive.
Meh. Chris Roberts (rightly) earned mockery and ire for popularizing selling jpegs of spaceships for $10k each, so it's only natural to see people get annoyed when the cryptocurrency crowd hauls in their buzzword bingo cards to spin their own even dumber idea of "URLs to jpegs of random things for $10k each."

All that seemed to happen from the strike is that these originally over-casted voice actors now have less work on their plate. Even the voice monkey Steve Blum isn’t in many works nowadays.
Good. I'm sick of hearing those faggots in every god damn game. I truly relish moments when people like them learn the hard way that strikes only work when the striking workers are genuinely irreplaceable.

Jinmen

kiwifarms.net
How many people actually strongly love or hate NFTs? Who gives a shit. There's far stupider stuff you could spend money on.
When I think of NFTs I just picture the hideous ape jpegs people spend hundreds if not thousands on so they kinda revolt it but I mostly don't care.

albert the programmer

Robert George Kardashian was the best Kardashian
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
6F36DA72-C63E-4989-95D3-0C785ABD56FC.jpeg

Imagine this fictional character selling you NFTs while trying to not get killed by zombies or golf clubs

Scarlett Johansson

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This was something last year that also tainted his image.

Reminds me of his douchey interview where he's bragging about how he and Kevin Spacey were of "sharing mixes from their upcoming albums" on the mo-cap stage for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

If that wasn't cringey enough, he starts the whole interview off by throwing the Call of Duty developers under the bus:

Interviewer: I've just been playing through Advance Warfare again--
Troy Baker: Sorry.
Interviewer: Sorry? What do you mean?!
Troy Baker: Dude, we *shot* a hell of a game.

Titos

Wow, really? Cool,
kiwifarms.net
As retarded as the hateboner is for NFTs I hope this results in Baker not getting any more roles, guy is over casted out the ass. Hell that's the case for almost all prominent vidya VAs, the few VAs I actually like are either complete nobodies who did VA work because the studio couldn't afford a seasoned actor (Melina Juergens) or they do a bunch of roles but are really only known for 1 (Jen Taylor). I'm just sick of hearing every protag be voiced by Blum, Baker, Bailey, or Lowenthaal.

Anachronistic

kiwifarms.net
Its.....Yuri Lowell to like....Joker I guess? But stuff like Pagan Min, Vincent, bioshock lead, the gay big dude from Persona, Nathan drakes brother, etc all sound too similar. Same with Laura Bailey, Kate Higgins, and the entire cast of Persona 5 lmao.

You want someone who has range? Lani Minella, Cam Clarke, Cree Summer and Phil LaMarr are all perfect choices.
Pagan Min sounds alright when he's speaking casually but when he starts yelling he delves into that "Troy Baker voice".

Also the guy from Red Faction Guerilla. I feel like I'm the only one who knew about that before Troy got big. I guess this is what being a hipster feels like.