Video game voice actor Troy Baker is now promoting NFTs - overused overrated voice actor gets dragged

Sinner's Sandwich

Superman got raped for 8 months LoL
kiwifarms.net
It was better when consoomers, weebs and retards didn't put voice actors on a pedestal.
Not just the weebs but the nips are doing it too. And VAs in Japan get cancelled quicker (but not like the anglosphere does tho). Just recently a VA cheated on his wife and lost his job because of it.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not just the weebs but the nips are doing it too. And VAs in Japan get cancelled quicker (but not like the anglosphere does tho). Just recently a VA cheated on his wife and lost his job because of it.
Don't get me started on Koichi Yamadera and his new 28 year old waifu

Baraadmirer

🧬☠❤☠🧬
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Funimation's Twitter account unfollowed Baker, as claimed by someone.

1642375722148.png

Lone Outsider

Enjoy your life as a laughing stock.
kiwifarms.net
It always gives me great pleasure to see these VAs getting blasted for their fuckery. The fact that Troy Baker got unfollowed by FUNImation of all people for supporting NFTs really highlights how much he fucked up. But I bet it's has more to do with them being assmad over not making money over NFTs than Troy crossing any moral lines.

It's gonna be fun to see if this shitshow escalates.

Scarlett Johansson

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20200221-153035_Twitter.jpg
Funimation unfollowing him is the icing on the shit cake! Granted....I don't believe he has actually been in a project with them in quite some time. But from what I can recall, he got his start working with them (possibly Case Closed?) so it is incredibly ironic.....

While I hope that this will damage his career I highly doubt he'll get out with so much as a scratch.

Honestly though, never have I seen anyone so arrogant and ego driven, especially in the damn voiceover community. (Vic case you say? There's too many assholes involved for me to even bother untangling that web)

You'd think the Bakeraileyingham threesome would just dry up....despite the fact that Bailey lacks range and Travis is apparently nice but bitter about not making it in Hollywood. Who will be next? Ashley Johnson? Taliesin Jaffe? (Dude looked so much better in the pics where he actually had hair....), Allegra Clark? Huber is obviously next.

Maybe this will finally lead AAA games to hiring more than one voice actor?

oh look shes on the warpath..
A wild casey moniglo is also there

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe this will finally lead AAA games to hiring more than one voice actor?
Currently streaming services are fighting over anime which has lead to a few strategizing with the idea that big names as voice actors will push subscriptions if they can't get big name series.

It's more than a possibility that big name VAs get pushed out by big name A List Hollywood talent.

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
The only other voice/personality I can think of that Steven Blum has done was his voice for Guilmon in the English dub of Digimon Tamers.

He uses a similar voice for Wanna in The Wonderful 101

Scarlett Johansson

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

"I always want to be a part of the conversation, even if sometimes that finds me in the midst of a loud one. Appreciate y’all sharing your thoughts and giving me a lot to think about. I’m just a storyteller out here trying to tell my story to whomever will hear and hoping I can help others do the same. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t," Baker said. "I’m grateful there are those who are passionate about their stance & not only feel safe to express that but also have the means to do so. The 'hate/create' part might have been a bit antagonistic… Hope y’all will forgive me for that. Bad attempt to bring levity. Anyway, feel free to resume the conversation, or not as you please. I appreciate those with truth showing it, those with support offering it, and those with anger doing their best to express with it."

Lol fuck off troy

Baraadmirer

🧬☠❤☠🧬
kiwifarms.net

Lol fuck off troy
Lol what a cop-out from Baker.

If there's a discussion thread about voice NFTs, please link me to it, but how the fuck do people think using an AI voice for projects like audiobooks is okay? They're not like TikTok vids.

You're The Man Now Dog

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Tara Strong and Rob Paulsen also got involved. Mess.
Tara Strong is a milquetoast Hollywood yes man and I'm not surprised. Rob Paulsen I know nothing about and at this point I think that's a good thing, because every time I've ever learned anything about a beloved childhood voice actor I find out they're reprehensible psychopaths. He's one of the few left that I haven't had a "Santa isn't real" moment with. I dare not even mention the rest.

Agent Abe Caprine

Praise Idol Adachi
kiwifarms.net
I used to really like Troy Baker. It just isn't the same after TLoU2 which has caused to retroactively hate the franchise and the people who fucked with it.
This is the same Troy Baker that is to blame for the idea that a gay Kanji is canon. He wasn't the brightest guy prior to Drunkmann's electric boogaloo.

Scarlett Johansson

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the same Troy Baker that is to blame for the idea that a gay Kanji is canon. He wasn't the brightest guy prior to Drunkmann's electric boogaloo.
I thought Kanji's storyline was him figuring out his sexuality? Or was it him wrestling with masculinity versus feminine?

Peru oso donas

ME ENCANTA SER NAZI
kiwifarms.net
I thought Kanji's storyline was him figuring out his sexuality? Or was it him wrestling with masculinity versus feminine?
It was him figuring out that he could like female traditional stuff like knitting without necessarily being a homo, and that even if he was a homo there wasn't a problem with that, just like Naoto's was that she didn't have to hide being a woman to be a respected detective, and that she was proud of being female. Of course twitter trannies took this as Kanji being a fag and Naoto being a troon but that's to be expected from twitter.

There's light at the end

kiwifarms.net
"you can hate. Or you can create". Why not both. I am sure that there are some people creating hate art from this situation. As for me, I will hate. Fuck him and his stupid hair