video games that inspired you to do something cool IRL

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

MediocreMilt

I'm sorry. It had to be this way.
kiwifarms.net
GTA IV taught me how to drive

Hitman inspired me to shave my head, tattoo a barcode to my scalp, and kill exceptional individuals to exceptional to realize that literally nobody else on the planet has a tattoo like that
That's not true. At least 46 other kids got that tattoo.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
GTA IV taught me how to drive

That's not true. At least 46 other kids got that tattoo.
They all died

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The SJWs inspired me to know that with it being 2019 where they want trans people, I now have more targets I can oppress in the virtual world. Thanks developers and SJWs for letting me realize I can oppress virtual trans people in video games along with their cisgender counterparts in games like GTA.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Spec Ops: The Line inspired me to fire White Phosphorus on some motherfuckers.

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got an extremely hard, grindy achievement in an MMO. It was tedious, requiring countless dashes back and forth across the playing field to get things and bring them back, over and over.

Through that process, I learned a few things:
  1. Make goals measurable; when they're measurable, especially reduced to numbers, you can see that every bit of progress gets you closer to the objective.
  2. Pace yourself. Don't try to do a huge, repetitive thing all at once or else you'll just burn out and quit.
  3. Find ways to streamline processes. Maybe it's only fifteen seconds per round you can save, but that turns into a lot of time in the long run.
  4. Multitask at every opportunity.
  5. People who run MMO's are pandering assholes who will downgrade any real accomplishment just because a few people whine about it. Don't rely on other people's metrics for the value of your accomplishment, because they can move the goalposts any time and pretend a few weeks of dailies is the same as grinding open-ended fetch quests.
  6. Iron discipline such as I clearly demonstrated can and should be used for real-world applications. The clutter in the garage is no match for my acquired superpower.
And finally...

7. I will do just about anything for 10 achievement points.

I haven't done just something cool, as a result of 1-6. I do a lot of cool things. Shame that I had to learn it through vidya instead of formal education, but that's the state of our culture right now.

Rand /pol/

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why, you know the least funny sub-forum is whichever one you're in.
5fe.jpg

Takodachi

Glory to Takokind
kiwifarms.net
Doom 2 almost motivated me to go on a shooting spree.
According to the media, at least.

But I decided to pick up cooking thanks to Cooking Mama.
Not my proudest fap either, but at least I got into it and stopped eating fast food.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the several months that it took me to learn to play bloodborne have been an important object lesson in the value of persistence.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
Okay kids, let's all calm down.

Legend of Zelda the New One got me into rock climbing because I would feel guilty about making my little virtual guy exercise while I sat on my fat ass all day.