video games that inspired you to do something cool IRL

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 710987

How am I in the middle if you're all of them?
I mean, Cranky Kong can probably inspire you to be less autistic

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
The sims I am trying to learn how to animate and eventually code because maybe if I don't like the career I want to get into at least I have something I can fall back on while also possibly enjoying it. Hopefully because I get bored easily honestly feels like a slight case of ADD or something to that effect.

Bragza

kiwifarms.net
Guitar Hero got me into learning how to play drums. Granted, I never got a full drum kit and it's one of the easiest instruments to play; but it turned out that it's surprisingly easy to pull a drumroll.

Same, but guitar. The epiphany hit when I was playing GH3 at a party with another dude years ago. Some guy watched us smash the Dragonforce song for a bit, then just said "why don't you guys just play real guitar?" So the next day I picked up a cheap acoustic from the pawn shop and never touched GH again. At this point I'm no Steve Vai, but I can hold my own.

Teri-Teri

「SUN DANCE」
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dota 2 inspired me to speak Russian and Filipino fluently.

Imperialist #348

kiwifarms.net
after playing Kingdom come Deliverance for quite some time and learning recently there is a sword smith about an hour away, i thought 'fuck it, if henry can do it so an I'.

Poyo Sato

Cute Japanese Round Cat
kiwifarms.net
Super Robot Taisen series inspired me into piloting any random giant robot that appeared before me for some reasons. Especially if the robot comes with a mysterious (and sometimes amnesiac) girl.

Seriously though, the series got me into seriously learning Japanese since I was in middle school, and now, I'm a Japanese teacher.

Wendy Carter

When I am still, it is as lifeless as Abigail.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PAYDAY 2 inspired me to rob a bank using nothing but a toothbrush, some cables and a pair of sunglasses.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Hitman games made me interested in suits. Whenever I wear one for a specific events like an interview, I feel suave as fuck.

Too bad putting one on isn't nearly as easy as 47 makes it look.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Hitman games made me interested in suits. Whenever I wear one for a specific events like an interview, I feel suave as fuck.

Too bad putting one on isn't nearly as easy as 47 makes it look.

That's because you need to put many many costumes under it.