Vinesauce -

echteekay

i'm... i'm a bad bitch,
kiwifarms.net
Also, does Charonian (spelling?) still mod for Vinny? I haven't seen her in chat for a while (which tbh I'm not really complaining about because she just didn't seem to fit in).
Char still mods for him. She was modding for this previous charity stream too. IIRC, she's a very active social justice personality and attends protests for stuff. Dunno why Vin doesn't ask her to join streams with the other mods like Desert and Mono, though.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
While we're on the subject, I've noticed something interesting. As I've mentioned many times before, one of my all-time favorite Vinesauce highlights is their Drunk CSGO, which Joel uploaded many, many years ago. I've rewatched this video several times throughout the years, so when I rewatched it recently, I noticed that something seemed to be missing, but couldn't figure out what it was. After a little bit of digging, I discovered this archived version, which is notably about 15 seconds longer than the original. Sounds dumb, and I believed so too, but decided to watch both and see if I noticed anything in particular amiss. After watching them back-to-back, I realized that the thing that was missing from the original was a bit around 8 minutes into the archived version, where Vinny says a no-no word very toward the end of the highlight.

This wouldn't be that notable if it wasn't for the fact that I watched this video recently enough to know that this bit was left in for QUITE a long time - I watched the video not much longer than a few months ago, so I know that Vinny's comment was left in until probably as recently as March 2020. I'm incredibly curious what prompted Vinny to request a re-edited version of the video without his comment, and moreover, why it was okay for Fred to say the word (as he says it twice before Vinny does), but Vinny's similar statement had to be removed. My best guess is that someone confronted Vinny about the comment, and Vinny in turn reached out to Joel and asked him to remove it from the highlight altogether. Do you think any other videos have been affected this way?

EDIT: Watched it again today to see if I missed anything, and it looks like the only other thing that got cut was a very small snippet of Joel struggling to say "intoxicated." Not entirely clear why that one was removed, but I am very sad about it as that little moment is incredibly funny to me. Drunk Joel is the gift that keeps on giving :story:

Last edited:

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
After watching them back-to-back, I realized that the thing that was missing from the original was a bit around 8 minutes into the archived version, where Vinny says a no-no word very toward the end of the highlight.
I watched the first duke nukem forever highlight video and 1 minute into the video he picks up a cigarette pack with the same no-no word on it and reads it out loud. Still not edited out. I wonder if that clip is still gonna be there a few months from now.
Archive!

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
I hope this won't turn into an Arin hanson situation where Vinny memory holes every incident of him saying no no words and other stuff that could be deemed offensive by some. That'd be disappointing.
That could be where this is going. I honestly find it incredibly disingenuous, but more than that, I have no idea who he thinks he's fooling - with how easy it is to archive things (as we've done in this thread many times), it's not at all difficult to find contradictory evidence that proves he said those things.

I think that, if he wants to sidestep controversy, the best bet would be to get out in front of it and directly address and own up to it - "Yes, I did use x slur in streams when I was younger, and I apologize for all the times I did so. It was stupid and I regret it immensely, and you'll never hear me use that kind of language again."

That would be a much simpler and MUCH more effective solution than the alternative. Going through and taking out every slur in those old videos just seems like a bizarre effort to rewrite history, and it honestly won't even work because there are too many independent uploads of his old content with the original comments still intact. We've literally logged multiple occasions of Vinny (and Joel) using not-so-nice words in this very thread. The only thing I can think is that someone directly pointed out that specific video to him, because it seems kind of pointless for him to do it with zero prompting.

echteekay

i'm... i'm a bad bitch,
kiwifarms.net
We're lucky that a good majority of Vinny's audience is not as young as it was back in 2015 when he started to grow more + when social justice was really becoming a hive mind thing. Granted, cancel culture is still very prevalent and it's good to hold people accountable for the shit they did wrong, but I'd like to guess that 98% of his audience is aware of the slurs he threw around and recognize that he's grown from that. It doesn't take a lot of research to know that Vinesauce started on /v/, either.

Like MDB said, there's really no point in backtracking on those moments where he threw those words around. Should the community ever get to the point where people do start grilling him about those moments, the only good thing he could do is admit to it and say that he's matured and be more aware of how far his words can carry within his community. Again though, I don't think Vinesauce was much of a target for slurs, but moreso for #metoo accusations (a la Vinny @ Comic Con/TooManyGames).

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
Also miss when chat wasn't 100% horny retards who can't behave the moment they see cartoon eyelashes or some shit. Why.
Vinny pulling away from it makes chat more obsessed, like when a dad is like "ugh tiktok songs" so his daughters lean into it harder.
Sometimes it can be fun but other times its not fun, like vinny doesn't seem to be AS annoyed by the horny anime tiddies bit as he is annoyed by the violently masturbating song, which other chats DON'T latch onto, like I was watching motherfucker mike play mario 3 and the chat didn't start in at all, vinny reacting to chat just makes it happen.

HelGarmr

kiwifarms.net
That could be where this is going. I honestly find it incredibly disingenuous, but more than that, I have no idea who he thinks he's fooling - with how easy it is to archive things (as we've done in this thread many times), it's not at all difficult to find contradictory evidence that proves he said those things.

I think that, if he wants to sidestep controversy, the best bet would be to get out in front of it and directly address and own up to it - "Yes, I did use x slur in streams when I was younger, and I apologize for all the times I did so. It was stupid and I regret it immensely, and you'll never hear me use that kind of language again."

That would be a much simpler and MUCH more effective solution than the alternative. Going through and taking out every slur in those old videos just seems like a bizarre effort to rewrite history, and it honestly won't even work because there are too many independent uploads of his old content with the original comments still intact. We've literally logged multiple occasions of Vinny (and Joel) using not-so-nice words in this very thread. The only thing I can think is that someone directly pointed out that specific video to him, because it seems kind of pointless for him to do it with zero prompting.
Maybe he doesn't feel he needs to apologize for it. It's in the past, in a different time of his life. The removal is probably just to keep Youtube or Twitch off of his ass.
There are probably other reasons, I don't know. It's stupid for people to obsess over the occasional no-no words that slipped out. The people who would demand apologies for this kind of stuff are never satisfied, and the moment you start apologizing for every little mistake in the past, they'll demand more.

And for those trying to make comparisons to Egoraptor, atleast Vinny isn't some SJW-coddling hypocrite. Arin is a whole other can of worms.
Trying to act like you're woke and then side-stepping not-so-PC shit you said in the past makes you look worse.

Reactions: s0mbra

A Sign

DUKI NUKI
kiwifarms.net
I just find it funny how no matter if it's ironic or not how chat is getting horny over paper just cause there's inflation. Sure sometimes you can tell its just people fucking with him but unlike Joel, he has more of a furry/degenerate audience?

In Joel's Pac Man 2 you can tell chat is just fucking with him "Oh no he's hot" and "Make him inflate again I didn't finish" just cause of how he reacts.

And I think people in Vinny's chat flip the fuck out more if a game happens to have a young/loli looking love interest show up.

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
Maybe he doesn't feel he needs to apologize for it. It's in the past, in a different time of his life. The removal is probably just to keep Youtube or Twitch off of his ass.
There are probably other reasons, I don't know. It's stupid for people to obsess over the occasional no-no words that slipped out. The people who would demand apologies for this kind of stuff are never satisfied, and the moment you start apologizing for every little mistake in the past, they'll demand more.
I mean, most of these videos have been up for nearly a decade (the CSGO one is 8 years old, for reference), so I can't imagine that's the reason. Youtube and Twitch both allow much more vile content than Vinny saying a slur that was damn near inescapable on Youtube until maybe two years ago. And why that video specifically? That'd be a very particular nitpick.

The fan reason I suggested is just that - a suggestion. I don't actually know what would drive someone to make an edit like that so long after the video's original publish date. The only other reason that crossed my mind was that maybe something about Joel's username getting changed had to do with it; his channel's URL now says c/VinesauceJoel instead of user/exinthevatican, and I'm assuming the "c" stands for "creator." But if that was the case, I don't know why he would've taken out just Vinny's comment, and not any of Fred's, so I don't think that's it either.

Arin is a whole other can of worms.
Trying to act like you're woke and then side-stepping not-so-PC shit you said in the past makes you look worse.
Agreed; I find that shit so fucking disrespectful. I've never been a fan of Arin, and that kind of shit is a big reason why. I really do appreciate the efforts Vinny and Joel in particular have been making to avoid "offensive XD" humor, since I find it aggressively unfunny and boring, but they never tried to cover up the fact that they made jokes like that in the past. Arin Hanson used to produce some of the most obnoxious content with that "offensive humor" brand, and when that fell out of fashion he never owned up to it, just covered it all up or blamed it all on Jontron. Jon might've been a bit of a fucker, but for Arin to pretend like he wasn't just as guilty of very similar "jokes" is complete bull.

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I just find it funny how no matter if it's ironic or not how chat is getting horny over paper just cause there's inflation. Sure sometimes you can tell its just people fucking with him but unlike Joel, he has more of a furry/degenerate audience?

In Joel's Pac Man 2 you can tell chat is just fucking with him "Oh no he's hot" and "Make him inflate again I didn't finish" just cause of how he reacts.

And I think people in Vinny's chat flip the fuck out more if a game happens to have a young/loli looking love interest show up.
I still remember when Vinny replayed Kid Icarus: Uprising and the chat went fucking nuclear when Phosphora appeared. Always amusing to me when horny chat clashes with moral busybody chat.

Nejo

literally made out of cum
kiwifarms.net
According to Mike, Vinny has gone on record saying that the horniest he's ever seen chat was during Cloud's crossdressing in Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Makes sense, usually its 2 sides, one horny the other trying to moral busybody their way around chat typing "haHAA" emotes, but since it was "trans cloud uwu" the whole of chat was horny in unison, ironically or otherwise

Chin of Campbell

Bear Ass
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure why he would even bother removing the clip. Faggot was on the exact same tier as retard where literally everyone said it (or fag) and nobody cared because there was no malice behind it. To pretend it never happened is pointless, everyone over the age of 23-24 used to (or still does) call their friends retards and fags all the time. Might as well pretend nobody used to call everything gay back in the day either.

I suppose the constant intensification of policing of harmless words is a subject for a different thread, anyway.

According to Mike, Vinny has gone on record saying that the horniest he's ever seen chat was during Cloud's crossdressing in Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Speaking of fags, man Twitch chat is gay. Really, really gay.

Tags
None