Vinesauce -

MightyBiteySnake

DEPRESSED SNAKE DEPRESSED SNAKE
kiwifarms.net
I've been watching all of Joel's old Dwarf Fortress streams as background noise. The progression of either getting to hell or finding new ways to kills elves (or actually manage it fully circa part 20) and initiate "ELF COMBAT!" is all so great.

• Agree
Reactions: Chin of Campbell

jizzyjazz

kiwifarms.net
I came across that clip where Vinny talks about how he wished he'd have the courage to be better friends with his streaming peers (he mentioned jerma as an example) and it's the first time I felt totally fucking bad for him, because I can relate.
I hope he uses his vacation to work on that. Maybe now that Jerma is streaming again they could do that Mario Party 3 stream that he promised as a charity incentive

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
Vinny requested that edit not because he actually cares what people think; he just doesn't want to deal with the bullshit, especially not now. Fucks sake, in the Halo Reach stream, he played a whole comedy bit where a dude talked about a skinhead calling him a Jew Faggot. Chat was joking about it and only 5 people actually got angry. It's dumb that he ONLY decided to have his use of it in the Drunk CS video be edited out, and not the others, but whatever, he just doesn't want to deal with it.

Fistbeard_McThunderaxe

*blorf*
kiwifarms.net
Vinny requested that edit not because he actually cares what people think; he just doesn't want to deal with the bullshit, especially not now. Fucks sake, in the Halo Reach stream, he played a whole comedy bit where a dude talked about a skinhead calling him a Jew Faggot. Chat was joking about it and only 5 people actually got angry. It's dumb that he ONLY decided to have his use of it in the Drunk CS video be edited out, and not the others, but whatever, he just doesn't want to deal with it.
Vinny is subtle with how he approaches progressive issues as pissing off anyone leads to drama. He doesn't want to deal with furries, but helps out Desert. In turn, Desert is a proxy to to furries that he needs so he doesn't have to delve in furry drama and reaps the rewards. Mike is sorta like that, though he's more chaotic.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Norix....what does that guy do???

Reactions: s0mbra

Nejo

literally made out of cum
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah, I forgot about Norix....what does that guy do???
Corruptions, now almost exclusively VR chat with other people, moderates and organizes behind the curtains, he's been pulling out more and more from the spotlight as Desert is getting a bigger audience. Doesn't seem to be out of any lolcow behavior, rather it seems because he's just figured out streaming wasn't his main thing and has moved on to do other shit

Vlinny Chan

I am falling~ I am fading~ I have lost it all~
kiwifarms.net
youtube-dl said:
Youtube said: Unable to extract video data
Fuck. Can anyone help me download this video before it gets taken down for whatever reason.

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
Corruptions, now almost exclusively VR chat with other people, moderates and organizes behind the curtains, he's been pulling out more and more from the spotlight as Desert is getting a bigger audience. Doesn't seem to be out of any lolcow behavior, rather it seems because he's just figured out streaming wasn't his main thing and has moved on to do other shit
He was also behind an infamous godawful tweet on the VinesauceIsHope account with OwO speak during 2018's charity stream, I think. Vinny even straight up said how glad he was that HE wasn't the one behind that shit. He learned his lesson since then, though, and considering what you've said; he's made the right call. The situation with Vappy probably also deterred him, since it happened around the same timeframe. Vap still didn't deserve what happened to him, also. I know I've most likely already said that, but seriously. It's always those who shouldn't be the ones to go that go, and those who SHOULD end up living until their 90's.

titty skeleton

bones are transphobic :/
kiwifarms.net
Adding some youtube archival tools since people are interested in keeping shit:

Cross platform GUI version of a python script to download shit from youtube. Works 90% of the time, has some issues occasionally but otherwise is extremely straightforward. Put a video URL in the top (https can error occasionally), select your preferred format, change the download folder if you prefer, hit add, press the play buton in the bottom left.

Website based downloader, takes youtube links and potentially some other sites like soundcloud though I haven't used it in a while. Just drop a link in, give it a minute or so and it'll give an mp3 or mp4 download link. If it gives you one and not the other, you can request the other. Works most of the time.

I'd encourage people to post more downloader tools that they know of to make it easier for people to archive.

As a small bonus, here's a very easy webm conversion GUI that works very well if you intend to clip parts of archived videos, or are constrained by filesize limits:
This thing is about as easy as it gets. Set an input file, specify an output file location and filename. Title can be left blank, I personally suggest setting video resolution to -1 x 480. Auto bitrate, a size limit of 7.90MB if you plan to clip things for discord. Audio works, high quality mode is fine too and will defer to the size limit. Advanced tab pretty much always causes an error for me so I haven't fucked with it.

Its original name was "WebM for Retards" but that has since been changed lol

Tags
None