Vinesauce -

Chin of Campbell

Hail to the Chin
kiwifarms.net
Jabroni Mike gives me the vibe that he is very desperate to please his chat. I watched him for a short while a year or so ago, and I remember being a little offput at how he basically did anything chat told him to, up to the point that he started doing facecam streams.

I always got a little bit of a hiding his powerlevel vibe from Panoots, too, which was one thing that helped me get into him. He does it much less now, but he used to reference "ayo hol up" pastas a lot, along with some other more or less subtle Chan culture things. I don't blame him for stopping those things (with the ABSOLUTE STATE of your general sjw twitch chatter), but I do think Panoots understands the internet well enough to know not to fall for the meme.
He was playing a hack of Super Mario where the chat could input various commands to make the game harder. One of these commands was breaking up the gameplay by inserting a message, and as soon as everyone realized they could do that they started spamming him with all kinds of memes/messages/etc. I didn't watch the twitch playback so I don't actually know how many people were pushing for it, but two 'trans rights' meme messages slipped through.

You can find the stream here, I'll update this post when I have time to go through and find the messages again. The first one just said 'trans rights!' and Joel is like 'yeah ok' and the second one said 'hey Joel my friend trance writes' and Joel says 'good for your friend'.
Shit, I actually stopped paying close attention to that stream when chat figured out you could spam text instead of actually playing along with the game. Good for Joel. I'm going to rewatch that shit now.

Last edited:

AsbestosFlaygon

All avatar related complaints should go to Kiomei.
kiwifarms.net
Vinny is a big nintendo fanboy, I don't know why he picked up Yoshi's Crafted World, he barely seems to be enjoying it. He needs to play less of what's expected of him and every other streamer and just do what he wants to play.
Eh, he plays all sorts of weird shit that no one asks for all the time, just because he plays one game that he's not the biggest fan of doesn't mean that he's playing it because he feels forced to. Hell, even you say he barely enjoys it, but that does implying you think he's enjoys it to some degree, also the guy is very stoner like unless some insane shit happens. Personally I think you're reading too deep in to his choice of game and his attitude, him playing Crafted World and his attitude doesn't seem odd or out of place for him. Also I find it weird to call Vinny a Nintendo fanboy, he's complained plenty about them in the past and there's many games of he either doesn't bother with on stream, or even not bother with at all, also his stance on ROM hacks and emulators would piss them off. Not to mention he plays tons of stuff, not just Nintendo games, excluding all of the weird shit he plays he's clearly a big fan of Valve & Kojima for example. He's certainly a big fan, and I do agree that something like him preordering a Switch midstream is equal parts cringey and hilarious, but despite that he seems to have a level headed view of them.

When he's bad at the game and not paying attention (Conker, some parts of Mother 3), his content is DSP-tier.
How's he anywhere close to DSP? Vinny certainly can be bad at games, but that on its own doesn't make him or his content on par with Phil's content. The reason why he's so hated is because he's a egotistical, arrogant, and most importantly stubborn cunt that just happened to gain his fame from being bad at video games, but given all the poor decisions made in his life that's the least of his problems. Vinny's personality isn't anything like Phil's, Vinny also doesn't have much of a ego, and he's perfectly able to admit that he's a dumbass when he screws something up or didn't understand what he was supposed to do. I don't see any sort of correlation between them, even in terms of being bad at video games Vinny isn't anywhere close to Phil's legendary ability to be incompetent at literally any game in existence.

Logic

That's the way yer daddy lives!!
kiwifarms.net
Jabroni Mike gives me the vibe that he is very desperate to please his chat. I watched him for a short while a year or so ago, and I remember being a little offput at how he basically did anything chat told him to, up to the point that he started doing facecam streams.
Well to be fair he has a patreon and the top tier patrons are able to make game requests and shit. And I remember the community started taking a decline when he went on an angry soapbox live on stream about minimum wage because he saw a chat member saying something along the lines of "raising minimum wage is giving more money to people who don't deserve it."

Stock Image Photographer

AaAaAa!
kiwifarms.net
How's he anywhere close to DSP? Vinny certainly can be bad at games, but that on its own doesn't make him or his content on par with Phil's content. The reason why he's so hated is because he's a egotistical, arrogant, and most importantly stubborn cunt that just happened to gain his fame from being bad at video games, but given all the poor decisions made in his life that's the least of his problems. Vinny's personality isn't anything like Phil's, Vinny also doesn't have much of a ego, and he's perfectly able to admit that he's a dumbass when he screws something up or didn't understand what he was supposed to do. I don't see any sort of correlation between them, even in terms of being bad at video games Vinny isn't anywhere close to Phil's legendary ability to be incompetent at literally any game in existence.
The comparison to DSP may have been a bit too far, but I think I came up with a better one: the Game Grumps. Vinny's memory is about on par with Dan's to the point where he'll forget a lot of a game's mechanics in-between streams (M&L Superstar Saga is a good example of this). He has the same lack of game intuition that Arin has where he'll overlook obvious solutions to problems and keep stubbornly trying things that don't work (Almost any RPG he's played that's not Chrono Trigger has this). The reason for my original connection between Vinny and DSP is because Vin unironically said DSP's "I was pressing buttons" line almost verbatim while playing Portrait of Ruin. I'm not saying that he's a bad guy or even that he's a bad streamer; I actually like his content a lot overall. I just think that his gameplay leads to some of his streams being better consumed as podcasts if you can't handle too much bad-gameplay cringe.

AsbestosFlaygon

All avatar related complaints should go to Kiomei.
kiwifarms.net
The comparison to DSP may have been a bit too far, but I think I came up with a better one: the Game Grumps. Vinny's memory is about on par with Dan's to the point where he'll forget a lot of a game's mechanics in-between streams (M&L Superstar Saga is a good example of this). He has the same lack of game intuition that Arin has where he'll overlook obvious solutions to problems and keep stubbornly trying things that don't work (Almost any RPG he's played that's not Chrono Trigger has this). The reason for my original connection between Vinny and DSP is because Vin unironically said DSP's "I was pressing buttons" line almost verbatim while playing Portrait of Ruin. I'm not saying that he's a bad guy or even that he's a bad streamer; I actually like his content a lot overall. I just think that his gameplay leads to some of his streams being better consumed as podcasts if you can't handle too much bad-gameplay cringe.
I guess sort of, but even with the Grumps what makes them bad's their lack of attention to the game which results in them to being unable to learn the game. The bad gameplay would be tolerable if Arin showed he had any interest in actually playing the game and trying to learn it, but they never do unless it's a game they're already played off camera. Again, Vinny while forgetful and often overlooks elements he shouldn't is not as stubborn as the Grumps, if he's actually trying to play through a game he's very much able to learn and understand the game, and admit when he's being dumb. I guess my point is that I don't feel being bad at games is a problem, it's how the person in question plays it off and how entertaining they are. Being good at games doesn't matter for shit if you're just some unfunny cunt who just complains all the time, likewise it doesn't matter how bad you are if you're actually fun and or interesting.

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
Supposedly Vappy, the uploader of fullsauce and vinesauce compilation, left. Or at the very least is replaced since the usual "edited by Vappyvap" is missing in the video description since at least last month:
[Vinebooru] Vinny - Vinesauce Art Corner (part 913)
View attachment 723104
[Vinesauce] Vinny - Devil May Cry 5 (part 2)
View attachment 723105

So far I've found nothing conclusive. Questions /r/vinesauce is basically answered with either "who knows" or "vinny will probably answer later". But this youtube comment provide some bizzare rumor:
View attachment 723157
No source though. So again, nothing conclusive.

EDIT: Also according to a reddit post, Vinny said that he will explained what happened if he had the time. Problem is, he said it more than 19 days ago
"LMAO who cares" Yeah, who cares about the one that kept editing and uploading the content you've been watching and helped the very same community you "like" more than you could ever pretend to do. And also did it on his own channel way as early as in back in 2016.
EDIT: Vappyvap has also left the official vinecord server. He was also a moderator there. And I find him in the vinesauce's twitch channel mods list anymore. YAY MORE DRAMA!

Vinesauce community's cancer, I tell you. The chat's top-tier for cringe content, especially when they think you're "trash talking" them, they will annoy you anyway they can, like any good SJW.
Also gotta love their NPC-Tier responses in the discord. It's a soulless community, to the point of some streamers being visibly tired about it (like vinny himself). I have to quote someone from a 4chan thread, which pretty much said:
/v/irgin said:
"I feel sad for Vinny. He just wanted to make a community of friends playing games. But in the end he a toxic community and his streamers are even banning from each other's channel"
This is from a chat I had some time ago with a "Jen's friend" (vague term), note that this a discussion from 28/11/2017, back when the vinecord was relatively new.
Context: We were in voice chat and I said that I don't believe in people's "gender identification, because that's just sexual identification". she got angry, and after this conversation through DMs we never talked again. Also everyone was more aggressive towards me, especially Jen. (Said shit like "oh, you're finally leaving" "why the fuck are you here" and so on.)
it was annoying retrieving this, I was gonna do a copy-paste of an old log I had. but I guess a screnshot is more believable. Please excuse my terribly broken English, I could've hardly spell a word back then.
Disclaimer: I didn't censor our avatars only for two reason: my avatar is the same as in discord and her avatar is pretty common. besides if you know (or recognize) her, please don't bother her.

Things gotten worse in that server, by the way. Much, much worse. I remember sometime back in early-ish 2018 when we were talking about cringe worthy youtuber, and we were saying how matpat's videos were going ridiculous with it's "fnaf theories", but since someone liked him, he asked to stop. We said no, he whined and called for a moderator.

He's slowly turning into a Reddit sort of cow; "Look how small and inclusive we are! Even though 2/5 of the internet knows about us".
They've been like this for quite some time. They're just showing their true colours. (at least Jen and the rest of the chat are.)

Something about the exceptional fanbase surrounding vinesauce could be added to the thread title, it'd be a bit more telling of a symptom of the Vinesauce cowhood, and hey, nobody in Vinesauce is even that much of a cow.
Jen was kind-of shilling those trans-rights memery, iirc. I agree with some people from said 4chan thread when they say that she also helped ruining the community.
But only blaming her is unfair, the chat ruined the community [well, >implying twitch]. The streamers and moderators should've softly stopped those people when they started. Just stating that you don't want that in your chat, like Joel did is also enough (especially if you and your mods actually apply those Anti-Politics\Anti-annoyance rules).

But there’s some interesting happenings in the current community if you know where to dig.
Like that time when Direboard was banning anyone mentioning vinesauce and was doing it all to "get noticed" by limealicius, the whole SgtFgt shitfest (a thot being a thot), the reason they closed the forums, when they kicked out GeePM and explained it using legal terms and corporate talk... That was fun. Or when they started separating when they stopped using the same channel "because they were growing" (ah, really? I thought because it was of some infighting over who was gonna stream and you couldn't organize properly. ok.) Or also when they changed from "vinesaucevidya" to "vinesauce" and vinny was so annoying about it. "Please don't talk about vinesauce vidya anymore,we're trying to separate from that" (from whom you're separating? yourself?)

Last edited:

Logic

kiwifarms.net
It's reassuring to see that I'm not the only one seeing shit going wrong w/ the community. Well i'm done with venting on my end :)

Like that time when Direboard was banning anyone mentioning vinesauce and was doing it all to "get noticed" by limealicius, the whole SgtFgt shitfest (a thot being a thot), the reason they closed the forums, when they kicked out GeePM and explained it using legal terms and corporate talk... That was fun
Huh, I didn't know about those. When I mentioned Interesting happenings I was talking about stories I've heard of exceptional individuals such as one crazed fan who actually twitter stalked Vinny to find out where he and a bunch of his streamer friends were eating. Needless to say that fan invited herself in and just sat with the rest of Vinny and Crew.

Reactions: JimmerSnail

AbyssStarer

kiwifarms.net
I've never really known anything about Jen, thanks for pointing it out.
I love how these people always say shit like "saying nothing costs $0" like they only want people to talk when explicity invited to.

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
One crazed fan who actually twitter stalked Vinny to find out where he and a bunch of his streamer friends were eating. Needless to say that fan invited herself in and just sat with the rest of Vinny and Crew.
The discord server is also constantly trying to figure out who's Vinny in the server, also. Because it was rumored that he's in the "official vinecord™" lurking.
That community is incredibly obsessed with him, if you take a look at the unofficial facebook's group, you'll see that. (to the point of almost looking like a cult, sometime in the past.)

They still are. However the content they put out nowadays is pretty average imo.
So I wasn't the only one noticing a decline in their content. I'm both glad to know it wasn't just me, but sad because that's what happens with twitch "nowadays" (the past 5 years).
I too think that the vinesauce's crew are easy-going people that's not bad to talk to about any topic, especially games. But their fans put them on a terrible light.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Dink Smallwood

Logic

kiwifarms.net
So I wasn't the only one noticing a decline in their content. I'm both glad to know it wasn't just me, but sad because that's what happens with twitch "nowadays" (the past 5 years)
Well i'm just reporting changes based on my own subjective opinion, many people still regard Vinesauce as a very quality stream. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that streamers like Vinny and Joel have been keeping the streaming biz up for like 10+ years so its only natural that they'd mellow out eventually.
I know that the result of that has been pretty shitty people coming into the community but I think in this case it was just something that was bound to happen naturally as the streamers got older. I've just accepted that the content and community just aren't for me anymore and it probably won't ever get back to how it was when it was "good". As for former community goers that are disgruntled, I recommend them to do the same. However with much better streamers like null out there now, this shouldn't be too much of a problem :)

Last edited:

Arachnophile

"Ahuhuhuhu~"
kiwifarms.net
Joel's back from Australia, showing neato animals and talking about his girlfriend(!). Makes me want to go somewhere tropical.
Come on down to Florida then. We've got such sights to show you.

Anyways, Vinesauce is great if you watch it without the chat open. I watch Vinny and trust his judgement over most of the shlock on Twitch and Youtube because Vinny doesn't do sponsorships. Even if he did he'd never be able to put up a facade for any amount of time because he prefers being genuine with people. I just get the impression that the streamers are not as close as they used to be back when they all streamed on the same channel.

A Sign

"YOU WANT A SEX-OOOOO?"
kiwifarms.net
The one time Vinny streamed DK64 (with barrel mod) Was the only time I had to shut chat off....the "DK SAYS TRANS RIGHTS uwu flag emoji" spam was non stop, he was having a hard time trying to get fixes for the mod cause any helpful posts where drowned out by transtrenders spamming that shit. And it turns out he's never going to stream it again, gee I wonder why ?

I just wanted to see his prescriptive of DK64 dammnit, thanks exceptional transtrenders for ruining yet another good stream. I wonder if this is partly why he has not mentioned anything about streaming Banjo Tooie? Tho I have not seen any forced "____ said twans rights! uwu" memes over BT.

OT:
Had to finally shut off Splatposts, the sexual deviance of "IM A BIG JUICY LESBIAN" and "Im a GAY and TRANS SQUID" and "Splatoon is for GAYS ONLY" I got sick of reporting the posts, Sucks I miss out on the actual good stuff like artwork, non political memes and silly stuff like "I am worm". Semi back on topic but I think on the first stream of the new fan stages chat was spamming "VINNY SAY TRANS RIGHTS UWU" non stop and he was getting annoyed (you could hear it in his tone) I do not look forward to Super Mario Maker 2....the Koopers and Doodle dips will be drowned out by "TRANS RIGHTS uwu" levels.

PS: Sorry for sperging.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
I've only ever watched The Fullsauce channel and haven't had to deal with shitty chat other than the random times he's insulted the chat during Earthbound and Mother 3 runs and really about the only time I could tell he got super pissed was when he was spoiled on the early death in the game and had to stop to warn people not to spoil the game any further.

Just from the recordings along I could tell the community is cancer. Only when I read this thread did I really get the idea of how bad they are.

A Sign

"YOU WANT A SEX-OOOOO?"
kiwifarms.net
I am so glad I don't even bother with the discord community (Tho I did with Rev's when I was subbed and his was chill, mostly shared cute animal pictures, suggested flash games or just random stuff.) Though I hardly bother with Discord as it is unless its for FFXIV stuff with FC.

And that game awards stream when sonicfox came up? he just muted his mic the whole time and said something like "I have nothing to say. Now lets continue." but chat was eating it up spamming the pride heart emojis and npc chanting orangeman bad.

But you can't blame him, the moment he'd share any of his thoughts on something his sjw followers don't like they will ruin his carrer, They already tried before cause "Vinny made a we was kangz refrence so hes racist!" there's more here https://letsplaysocialjustice.tumblr.com/search/vinesauce [archive]

Stock Image Photographer

AaAaAa!
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know at what point Vinny got some kind of recording upgrade that eliminates his loud, wet, disgusting mouth noises? I tried listening to his A Hat in Time streams on Fullsauce and I just couldn't bear it because he was smacking his lips every 30 seconds. I know the change happened sometime before Mother 3, but I heard it in the Hollow Knight streams, too.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino