Gross Virgie Tovar - #losehatenotweight HAES, BoPo Snake Oil Salesman. Fat AF.

entropyseekswork

Vigilante based in America
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

We know. We're not blind.

but now we wish we were.

Personal website [Archive]
Facebook [Archive]
Twitter [Archive]
Instagram [Archive]
Youtube [Archive]

Meet Virgie, she makes a living peddling Health at Every Size (HAES), Body Positivity (BoPo) and Fat Acceptance (FA) to vulnerable women trapped in a cycle of self-loathing and medicating with emotional eating. Virgie has no discernible talents outside of cognitive dissonance which she uses to rationalize not taking responsibility for her actions, feeling entitled to sex and affection from others despite using the philosophy of self-ownership to tell people to mind their business about her weight - her body, her choice. Her shitty attitude (which she goes into great lengths describing and conflates for being brave) isn't the cause of people averting her, but rather they are jealous and don't know how to handle a hot fat babe. Virgie's wardrobe palette is reminiscent of colorful, venomous tropical fish that's profoundly tacky for anyone, let alone someone who appears to be well into their 40's. Any raised eyebrows at her retina burning ensambles are the projection of the fat phobia deeply ingrained in our society that oppresses Virgie and other morbidly obese women at every conceivable opportunity (read: taking offense where there is none).

FATshion Icon.

A bearable seventeen second video in which she explains why she's (literally) smashing the scale this year.

Fifteen minutes of word salad, but I've begun the video at the minute mark at which she describes enjoying licking leather shoes without a hint of shame. How cute and quirky.

For the low, low price of $99, Virgie will brainwash you into thinking the guilt from binge eating and accruing concerns over your personal health have no basis in reality. Introducing BABECAMP [Archive] after four weeks of this garbage you get a certification... in delusion.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why Did You Design Babecamp?
I put my life on a hold for a VERY. LONG. TIME. I was always on a diet. I engaged in starving behavior, obsessive exercising, and no matter what I did I never felt good enough, pretty enough or thin enough. I created Babecamp because I have walked a mile in a different pair of (much shinier) shoes. I not only believe it is every person’s right to have a harmonious relationship with their body, I go a step beyond that. I believe in every person’s right to feel like a total babe. That "I am never good enough" mindset is a learned ideology that is A LIE. Babecamp is about replacing that mentality and re-centering self-care and self-love, which are touchstones of our native relationship to our body.

During Babecamp you will get:
  • PDF Certificate of Completion
What makes people and ideologies like Virgie/HAES/FA/BoPo so insidious is that they foster substituting introspection (that nagging voice in the back of your head that reminds when you're fucking up, asks whether there's room for you to improve) for narcissism (a voice that congratulates you for being a fucking failure). People who lack introspection are generally insufferable; caught in a paradox of perpetual victimhood. Many of our personal problems stem from an internal source, but most people chronically place the onus of these problems on external ones outside of their control. It requires being critical of ourselves and making an honest commitment to change the things we come to realize we're self sabotaging our own happiness with. We can't control other people, but we are in control of ourselves - even our anxiety. Sometimes we sincerely want to make a commitment to self improvement, but can't because the path to it isn't clear to us, or we've picked a path that inevitably leads to failure. The path Virgie places her students and audience on is the latter. Instead of confronting the truth of their habits which may extend to something as serious as legitimate food addiction (that would require a 12 step program) Virgie assures her followers weight loss is impossible, and it's societies fault for not wanting to sleep with you and you needing a seat belt extender in a plane.

because being fat is illegal or some shit.

Virgie's blog and articles are a treasure trove of trash and entitlement, let's take a look at some of her writing:

Hyper-sensitive brat throws a massive tantrum because her boyfriend didn't want to spend all day in an arts and craft store, blames society for her overreaction. Later goes on to declare being loved a human right or some shit. [Archive.]
The cart was almost overflowing with all my weird supplies and 77%-off felt garlands, lanterns, and face tattoos. Then he got a text from his close friend, someone he doesn’t get to speak to often. He asked if we could leave in the next 15 minutes so he could touch base with him. When I told him it might be a little longer than that, he took on what I would consider “a tone.”

In retrospect, I realize that the tone was likely inspired by a couple of feelings, maybe “Ohmygod, I get that you can’t live without these tombstone cake toppers, but I can’t handle being in Michael’s for another hour!” with a little “I’m frustrated that you don’t care that I want to talk to this person who matters to me.” At the time, however, when he used the tone I heard, “I don’t care about you or your interests. Your time is worthless. I don’t care enough about our relationship to see that decorating my house is an emotional investment that is making you feel vulnerable. Literally anyone is more important than you right now.”

To a person with fewer trust issues (and less experience with being told they’re worthless because of their body size), “a tone” might go utterly unnoticed, may warrant an eye roll, or might even lead to a stifled tear, but nothing earth-shattering. To me, that “tone” merited my storming out of the store, stuffed cart left abandoned mid-aisle (sorry for being that asshole, Michael’s employees!), and my walking (about an hour) home.
Despite being a self professed confidence guru, Virgie is made so apoplectic by a well meaning fan of her asking whether or not it was OK for her to lose weight that she nearly didn't answer the fan at all and then REEEEES about how evil weight loss is. [Archive.]
At first I thought I would avoid answering, and then I seriously considered answering it privately, but I realized that my desire to do so was largely motivated by fear of seeming upset and wanting to hide that out of some weird sense that I might alienate people. But I am upset.

This question has upset me, and I don’t want to promote the idea that writing about anger is bad or shameful because that is some sexist, respectability shit......

Though I often use phrases like “fat liberation” and “body positivity” interchangeably, I am at the end of the day resoundingly a fat feminist and a fat liberationist who is anti-weight loss.

Though I believe it is ultimately your choice to do what you feel is right with your body, asking a fat activist for “pro-weight-loss choices” is callous at best. That you are asking me — a fat woman – for weight loss tips is an example of your inability to see me as fully human because if you could see me as fully human you could understand that you are asking me for tips on how to be someone who looks less like I do.

She used to have this great article on her blog about taking up like four seats on the train during rush hour (she spread all of her bags out to be a spiteful bitch) and avoiding making eye contact with the thin people glaring at her by "defiantly" leaving her sunglasses on (read: passive-aggressive), but I can't find it right now. She also shut the comment section down on her blog entirely instead of moderating them because she melts down at being confronted with any kind of criticism.

An Sionnach Seang

Russell Greer audiobook in profile
kiwifarms.net
oh yeah, I remember this landwhale

she wrote a great big ranty article bitching about how she used facebook to perv on some guy she used to have a crush on 10 years ago, and then she threw her toys out of her pram because it turned out he ended up dating a lass who actually took care of herself and knew when to put the fork down, which apparently made him a misogynist and a 'stealth bigot'

it was proper lol, I tell thee

Last edited:

Dog Prom 3D

I had to get away from those anuses for a while.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh my god, Virgie Tovar is one of my favorite FA/HAES morons. She dresses like someone let a very fat toddler ransack Goodwill during a blackout and has one of the most preternaturally ugly faces I have ever seen. The first time I ever saw her I thought she was in her 50s - she was 28. She's now 33 and looks old enough to be someone's grandmother.

She is so bitter. She is man-repellent in its purest form yet she considers herself a sexologist. When she's not boasting about how she gets hot boy dick she's whining about all the intersectional reasons behind all the times hot boys spurned her, from racism to sizeism.

She simply cannot understand why outside of Tumblr social justice and TED Talk circles she is seen as a nasty joke. Plenty of dudes like fat chicks. Fat chicks who are ugly still find love. Body size and a face like an elephant's ass aren't the whole of her problem. It's that she's spectacularly ugly and bloated, AND that she dresses like a circus clown on a tight budget and will call you out as a racist sizeist classist shitlord if you react to the signals she puts out and run far away from her. Her inner nastiness and entitlement have seeped out of her heart into her face.

The Germans have a word for Virgie: Backpfeifengesicht. It means "a face that cries out to be punched." Her face has been begging for a good slap for a long time. She is such a smug attention seeker. It's like she said to herself that since she is fat, ugly and devoid of taste or sense that she would have to engage in crass stupidity to get anyone to notice her. Lo and behold, she was right.

tl;dr: I detest Virgie and want to put her, Tess Holliday, Ragen Chastain, Marilyn Wann and Jes Baker in a locked, five-sided cage match to see which fatty rules them all.

Qi Meng Dealer

No one's idea of a hot date
kiwifarms.net
She has a legit boyfriend? I express shock not because she's a landwhale, but because I can't fathom anyone wanting anything to do with a crass, obnoxious, REEEing person. I understand there are :suffering: around, but I really can't see any redeeming quality in this cow.

As an aside, I appreciate the write-up provided by the OP. Good work. :heart-full:

Debrotherized Luigi

Late Night Delight
kiwifarms.net

she wrote a great big ranty article bitching about how she used facebook to perv on some guy she used to have a crush on 10 years ago, and then she threw her toys out of her pram because it turned out he ended up dating a lass who actually took care of herself and knew when to put the fork down, which apparently made him a misogynist and a 'stealth bigot'

So now a guy can be a misogynist and a bigot if he wants to date/marry someone who actually cares about their health and well-being?

I want off this crazy train.

entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This article is some Elliot Rodger level shit. You can see she had some sense of self-awareness when she was younger and accepted at one point it was fair for someone to not find her attractive because of her weight (but she claims she was a size medium at this time, which is probably a lie), but she acknowledges it was too painful to mull over other reasons he wasn't into her (she now attributes this also to her race as well, but really she should have taken her shitty personality into account.) She's pained by him getting into a relationship with an attractive fit woman ten years after the fact, and then makes all these insane accusations that he's a bigot and white supremacist for not having fucked her. Then she seems to think he'd care (lol I don't think he'd notice) if she blocked him on FB so she does and thinks this is some kind of revolutionary act of bravery, but really she's just an insane hyper-sensitive cunt who takes everything personally.

People didn’t like me because I was fat. And that was my fault. Oddly, this mindset – though shitty – made everything simpler. If everything negative was my fault, then I just had to work harder to be better. The end. This exonerated everyone around me at my expense, sure. But it made other people seem a little less assholey than they actually were, which – in retrospect – was kind of nice. I realize now that I was right. He definitely didn’t like that I was fat, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to admit all the other things that I sensed were at the core of his rejection.

..... He had been single for over a decade until he found the sweet-faced, athletic, middle class, blue eyed, blond haired girl of his dreams. I had sensed her presence in his desire a decade earlier - an imaginary woman who was still somehow better than me. Rather than recognize what a dick he is, I went back to that place of blaming myself and feeling ashamed.

When I saw his comment today, I went back to his feed to see what he was doing (because, yeah, I’m a total painslut). Pictures of him running in a field of flowers with this blonde dream lady. Yoga. Oh, marathons. Original. Those gross feelings began to return, but this time I was able to hold space for myself and recognize that I was in pain and that the pain wasn’t my fault. He is an asshole. My friend had been right all along. He’s not the kind of asshole who starts fights about men’s rights or the kind of asshole who goes on tirades about how the prison system is actually awesome, but he’s the kind of asshole who’s kind of a low-grade stealth bigot all the time.

Blocking him was not the nice thing to do. I could have been generous and imagined how his education in sexist white supremacy must be so hard for him. But I just couldn’t get it up for generosity today, girl. Today it was either him or me. And I chose ME.
Is she Asian or is fat pressing down on her eye sockets?
I think she's Mexican, she always refers to herself as a brown person.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is it with Tumblrinas and their idea that if you don't want to fuck them it's because you're transphobic / fatphobic / racist / otherwise bigoted? I thought feminists were supposed to frown on the idea that someone is entitled to sex from someone else? No means no and all that?

This lass looks like a Neapolitan Mastiff what with that droopy face and eyes in danger of being occluded by socket flab.

That's before we get onto her eye-watering epileptic-fit-provoking dress sense.

entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's petulant like one, but I don't know of any children who

lol her body type is identical to those cylindrical tubes of sausage you can buy in the supermarket

And she may have Tess Holliday's highway selfie beat with this merging into the road while stuffing face with corn dog selfie.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is it about fat activists and wearing tight high waisted shorts that nigh on come up to their boobs? Triggly does it, she does it, Hayley does it... is this a thing in the world of fatshion?

(I can't believe I just typed that word.)

Do we know if she has a job? I'm assuming with a Master's in intersectional fat feminism her job is either as some sort of activist or volunteer while she lives off a trust fund, in academia, or she claims a tugboat while whining about how overqualified she is for the jobs she'd be likely to get with such a degree.

entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is it about fat activists and wearing tight high waisted shorts that nigh on come up to their boobs? Triggly does it, she does it, Hayley does it... is this a thing in the world of fatshion?

(I can't believe I just typed that word.)

Do we know if she has a job? I'm assuming with a Master's in intersectional fat feminism her job is either as some sort of activist or volunteer while she lives off a trust fund, in academia, or she claims a tugboat while whining about how overqualified she is for the jobs she'd be likely to get with such a degree.
Fats wearing high waisted shorts/pants/skirts is a part of their fat liberation "unapologetically fat" shit, because in reality the style is most flattering on women with flat stomachs. So that's them giving the finger to flattering fashion sense, and people who cringe to see them dressed so in public. Same for their bikinis.

I think her primary source of income is the BABECAMP she runs, which is just her rambling over skype and writing emails.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino