Gross Virgie Tovar - #losehatenotweight HAES, BoPo Snake Oil Salesman. Fat AF.

MicrowavedApple

kiwifarms.net
I feel like Virgie was bound to pull something like this eventually, because out of all the professional FA-ers, she has the most pitiful follower count compared to how much of a public figure she is. She also gets the least amount of mainstream crossover opportunities - Jes Baker at least had an ad campaign with JC Penney and had her book tour sponsored by a fat girl clothing company. It's probably killing Virgie that no one is knocking down her door for -well, anything really, but most especially not for TV show deals or fashion sponsorships. The next logical step was for her to try to create some faux controversy.

Again, I think the FA-er she is most similar to is Heffalump, who at least had the good sense to go underground once she realized she was never going to get the same attention as her "prettier" fatties-in-arms and couldn't let go of her bitterness over that.

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
I feel like Virgie was bound to pull something like this eventually, because out of all the professional FA-ers, she has the most pitiful follower count compared to how much of a public figure she is. She also gets the least amount of mainstream crossover opportunities - Jes Baker at least had an ad campaign with JC Penney and had her book tour sponsored by a fat girl clothing company. It's probably killing Virgie that no one is knocking down her door for -well, anything really, but most especially not for TV show deals or fashion sponsorships. The next logical step was for her to try to create some faux controversy.

Again, I think the FA-er she is most similar to is Heffalump, who at least had the good sense to go underground once she realized she was never going to get the same attention as her "prettier" fatties-in-arms and couldn't let go of her bitterness over that.
You knocked it out of the park. Kath and Virgie are both too ugly and too self absorbed to ever attain the "success" of more mainstream FA types like Lindy and even Jes. Virgie amazingly didn't even do a modicum of research about who actually wrote the episode and when it was filmed -- as both facts contradict her claim in obvious ways. Lindy didn't write the episode some black writer did and the episode was written before Virgie's book came out.

This cat fight is in full SJW Oppression Olympics on IG now. This is going to be great. Black FAs are ripping into Virgie for her "light skin privilege" and Lindy herself replied to Virgie citing the time of the episode and the black woman that wrote it in direct contradiction to Virgie's claim of plagiarism.

Lindy West is a huge, massive cunt herself so this gone be good. Lindy has been a piece of work since she was writing shitty stories at the Stranger (one of the worst "newspapers" in the country) and her career didn't take off until she started focusing on FA pieces. She is a self promotion queen and will strike back with her much, much larger fanbase.

Here's some of West's "greatest hits" when she at the Stranger in the mid aughts. Her big breakthrough was an article she wrote called "Hello, I'm Fat". I don't know why she is successful but I do, because she captured the zeitgeist that was happening and is still happening -- the fattening of America to an absurd, epidemic level. You will never, ever go broke in America telling mediocre people that what they want to hear-- and that message is that they are special and deserve praise for literally doing nothing except "existing in a fat body".

FFS.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
This cat fight is in full SJW Oppression Olympics on IG now. This is going to be great. Black FAs are ripping into Virgie for her "light skin privilege" and Lindy herself replied to Virgie citing the time of the episode and the black woman that wrote it in direct contradiction to Virgie's claim of plagiarism.

Lindy West is a huge, massive cunt herself so this gone be good. Lindy has been a piece of work since she was writing shitty stories at the Stranger (one of the worst "newspapers" in the country) and her career didn't take off until she started focusing on FA pieces. She is a self promotion queen and will strike back with her much, much larger fanbase.
Virgie is absolutely seething and literally shaking since Lindy has gotten so much praise and applause for Shrill, including an ass-kissing profile for The Cut with "high-fashion" (as far as fatties go) Vogue-wannabe photos:
These are the things Virgie expects and dreams of but will never come to fruition for her as she is and always has been too caustic, abrasive, and ass-ugly to become the face, or even the voice, of FA.

I think Lindy West is a shit-stirring, hyperbolic hag, but I love that she is actually living the life that Virgie thinks should be her own. Virgie's narcissism is even more extreme and toxic than I previously believed if she thought she could take on this goliath.

FA/HAES in-fighting provides the best schadenfreude. :story:

Last edited:

thejackal

kiwifarms.net
Virgie has left up her shit-stirring, self-pitying post but turned off the comments. So she's still claiming to be a marginalized woman of color who experience was stolen by a white woman even though she knows damn well by now that a black chick wrote that episode. What a transparent grab for attention.
She loves to play up her middle class, 3rd or 4th generation latin heritage in So Cal like she's some sort of inner city black kid from the wrong part of Chicago. Anybody that has been to So Cal knows that middle class latin x families ARE the majority down there. She was unlikely to have experienced much of the racism and marginalization that poorer latin x folks in other parts of the country have. Glad she got called out on her BS for once.

Russtard

I have the right to fuck 9's and 10's
kiwifarms.net
Hey, guys, just so you all know, I invented the beach. If you want to write about the feeling of sand in your toes, you have to pay me.

Virgie backpedaling on her accusing a gay black woman of plagiarism. If mental gymnastics burned calories, Virgie wouldn't need those pro-fat pool parties.

Attachments

JuniperFalls

kiwifarms.net
Hey, guys, just so you all know, I invented the beach. If you want to write about the feeling of sand in your toes, you have to pay me.

Virgie backpedaling on her accusing a gay black woman of plagiarism. If mental gymnastics burned calories, Virgie wouldn't need those pro-fat pool parties.
When Virgie said she thinks it's shitty that black woman was put in a position to be a writer for that show, I strongly suspect what she actually meant was "I think it's shitty that she got the job instead of me."

Russtard

kiwifarms.net
When Virgie said she thinks it's shitty that black woman was put in a position to be a writer for that show, I strongly suspect what she actually meant was "I think it's shitty that she got the job instead of me."
Of course she is. What is Virgie even bitching about? From what I see, it looks like she currently makes enough off her FA bullshit to support herself, which is much more than most internet activists can say.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
Of course she is. What is Virgie even bitching about? From what I see, it looks like she currently makes enough off her FA bullshit to support herself, which is much more than most internet activists can say.
IIRC, Virgie has a full-time job with a LGBTQ non-profit in San Francisco, and her FA "activism" is a side gig that enables her to rent a room in SF, rather than, say, Oakland, Hayward, or Richmond.

Also, ITT: Virgie has absolutely zero clue how a television series derived from somebody's book actually gets made, and thus thought Lindy West was actually coming up with storylines and writing the scripts for each episode. How very smart of you, Virgie.

AbraCadaver

Member of the SUIT YOURSELF Army
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
An update on Virgie vs. Shrill.
View attachment 707921
This is a lot of fuckin sjw words just to say “I’m not gonna talk about that right now, but I need to TELL you I’m going to NOT talk about it, instead of just not talking about it.”

“I’m not sure when and where my next/final reaction is going to land” has got to be the most self-absorbed thing I’ve read all week, and also the most nonsensical. What does it even MEAN? Nothing. Not a damn thing. Just another Virgie sentence she can cram “I” and “my” into.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
For as ugly and narcissistic and insane as Virgie is (pathologically so), this Shrill debacle really showed the true colors of Lindy West's sister-in-law, Ijeoma. She fucking called Virgie "lightskinned" as a silencing tactic, lmao. Ijeoma is half-black with quarter-black nieces btw, so this seems like a hypocritical landmine. Ijeoma also threw a fit last year when a white lady got attention for a book about racism that was competing with her book about racism.

Everyone in the woke realm is an entitled, weirdly racist asshole.

AbraCadaver

Member of the SUIT YOURSELF Army
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For as ugly and narcissistic and insane as Virgie is (pathologically so), this Shrill debacle really showed the true colors of Lindy West's sister-in-law, Ijeoma. She fucking called Virgie "lightskinned" as a silencing tactic, lmao. Ijeoma is half-black with quarter-black nieces btw, so this seems like a hypocritical landmine. Ijeoma also threw a fit last year when a white lady got attention for a book about racism that was competing with her book about racism.

Everyone in the woke realm is an entitled, weirdly racist asshole.
I don’t know if it’s pure racism so much as every ultra ultra ultra woke activist seems to be competing in the Oppression Olympics and they’re all aiming for the gold.

They’re like beauty pageant contestants forced to hang out together. They’re here for you with their sisterhood and unconditional support, just so long as we all remember that THEY’RE the prettiest one.

I feel like someday we’re going to get an article on some ultra-woke activist resorting to sawing her own leg off because Becky’s minority gay poor status couldn’t trump Evelyn’s transgender scoliosis. Somebody needs to make some rules along the lines of poker, to see what hand beats what. “Oh you got a pair of gay-biracials? Well too bad, I’ve got a full house! Trans-disabled-black-gay-bipolar-rape survivor!”

Meanwhile actual effective activists are DOING things to help improve the lives of others, not play rounds of pity-poker.

Russtard

kiwifarms.net
Virgie’s back with her “final words” on the Shrill controversy. She admits that she fucked up, has apologized to Lindy and promised to reflect on he-

Just kidding! It’s all whitey’s fault for subjecting a strong Mexican woman to “intergenerational trauma.”

She also has ironclad proof that her story was stolen because...a background character with a parasol is in both scenes.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Virgie’s back with her “final words” on the Shrill controversy. She admits that she fucked up, has apologized to Lindy and promised to reflect on he-

Just kidding! It’s all whitey’s fault for subjecting a strong Mexican woman to “intergenerational trauma.”

She also has ironclad proof that her story was stolen because...a background character with a parasol is in both scenes.
"I debated sharing this, but I think it’s important to say that all of this has affected me greatly. I spent most of last Friday in the emergency room because my body started doing scary things. I don’t blame individuals for this stress, but rather the cumulative experience of stigma, primarily racism - part of which is the spiritually devastating effects of things like being pit against other people of color and being forced to watch white people be the heroes of nearly every story my entire life."

RACISM SENT VIRGIE TO THE ER. Hahahha.

"The fact that Lindy West or any of the other white people on Shrill team didn’t step up to take accountability and instead allowed this to become a fight between two women of color is truly despicable."

If Lindy had "taken accountability" (for what?), Virgie and her followers would've spun that in a negative, racist way as well, probably saying that the white boss lady thinks that the black writer lady isn't allowed to speak for herself or some shit.

These people are all wretched.

Russtard

kiwifarms.net
If Lindy had "taken accountability" (for what?), Virgie and her followers would've spun that in a negative, racist way as well, probably saying that the white boss lady thinks that the black writer lady isn't allowed to speak for herself or some shit.
Virgie is one to talk about taking accountability after that fantastic non-apology to Sam. "I say genuinely, lovingly and without reservation that I am deeply sorry that you felt shitty but I NEEDED TO SPEAK MY TRUTH WHICH IS TRUE BECAUSE I FELT IT SO HARD. ARE YOU TOO STUPID TO REALIZE THIS SHOW SHOULD BE ABOUT YOU, DARKIE?"

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino