Gross Virgie Tovar - #losehatenotweight HAES, BoPo Snake Oil Salesman. Fat AF.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
kiwifarms.net
This whole hullabaloo is hilarious from start to finish. To me, it illustrates perfectly how Identity Politics trumps not only logic but justice too. You are scum if you plagiarize, but if you have skin pigment and are queer, somehow it is acceptable (even though it sucks, grumble grumble) It is better to stick together than point out each other's hypocrisies. It is always better to fight whitey than each other.

Of course, none of that addresses that Virgie set herself up by starting this stupid stuff in the first place.

In a way, I think of Virgie as the Chantal of Fat Activism; wildly stupid, wildly hypocritical, utterly unable to read a room, belligerent even when backpedaling, melodramatic about physical ailments, an ignorant know-it-all with a 7th-grader's writing ability, delusional about her own sexual attractiveness, queen of painting herself in a corner, morally bankrupt, prone to anger, and lacking in the dues-paying others in her field have at least earned, however dubiously.

In a way, Virgie wins, despite losing. How many people were even uttering her name before this? Not a lot. There are more now. That's all she wanted.

MicrowavedApple

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, Virgie doesn't strike me as the "even negative press is better than no press" type. She is pathetically transparent in her need for validation - from other FA-ers, from mainstream media and businesses (who thus far have shut her out while extending opportunities to others in the movement), and most of all, from (conventionally hot) men. I think she's licking her wounds and wishing she could take the whole stunt back.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, Virgie doesn't strike me as the "even negative press is better than no press" type. She is pathetically transparent in her need for validation - from other FA-ers, from mainstream media and businesses (who thus far have shut her out while extending opportunities to others in the movement), and most of all, from (conventionally hot) men. I think she's licking her wounds and wishing she could take the whole stunt back.
Virgie's entire problem has nothing to do with her weight.

Virgie likes to give the aura of being the "baddest bitch in the room", but then she's upset when people think she's a bitch. She can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

Alpha Winner Deluxe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Virgie's entire problem has nothing to do with their weight.

Virgie likes to give the aura of being the "baddest bitch in the room", but then she's upset when people think she's a bitch. She can't have it both ways.
I think she wants to be the fictional version of “baddest bitch in the room” where she’s rude to everyone and everyone just talks in awed whispers about how coooool she is. The kind of book or movie character where they can say anything and offend anyone and the other characters are impressed, but you know in real life everyone would just think they were an arsehole and avoid them.

Looks like Virgie is going to speak at some SJW event. Here's what was on the events website:

Virgie Tovar calls herself “an unapologetic fat feminist who loves tiny shorts and bright lipstick.” Creator of the campaign #LoseHateNotWeight Tovar is a sought-out expert and lecturer on fat discrimination; a buzz-worthy champion of body liberation; and an essential advocate for removing moral associations from food choices and body size, and empowering people to trust their bodies instead of trying to fix them. She is contributor for ForbesWomen and has been featured in the New York Times, the BBC, and NPR, among others. Her book You Have the Right to Remain Fat will urge you to rethink our culture’s focus on weight.

Link to website: https://www.chicagohumanities.org/events/heavy-lifting-virgie-tovar-fat-positivism/

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like Virgie is going to speak at some SJW event. Here's what was on the events website:

Virgie Tovar calls herself “an unapologetic fat feminist who loves tiny shorts and bright lipstick.” Creator of the campaign #LoseHateNotWeight Tovar is a sought-out expert and lecturer on fat discrimination; a buzz-worthy champion of body liberation; and an essential advocate for removing moral associations from food choices and body size, and empowering people to trust their bodies instead of trying to fix them. She is contributor for ForbesWomen and has been featured in the New York Times, the BBC, and NPR, among others. Her book You Have the Right to Remain Fat will urge you to rethink our culture’s focus on weight.

Link to website: https://www.chicagohumanities.org/events/heavy-lifting-virgie-tovar-fat-positivism/
Lol at her being an expert in anything. She has an MA in gender studies, but somehow that makes her an expert at feminism, nutrition, health, and psychology.

By extension, my MA qualifies me to be an expert in anything I want apparently. What topics should my lecture circuit cover?

theriddler3

that fucking ✨kawaii✨ cat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol at her being an expert in anything. She has an MA in gender studies, but somehow that makes her an expert at feminism, nutrition, health, and psychology.

By extension, my MA qualifies me to be an expert in anything I want apparently. What topics should my lecture circuit cover?
The virtues of a healthy diet and exercise. Call it "self love" and " aging body acceptance-you're no longer 13 and able to eat ramen and cheetos exclusively"

AbraCadaver

Alpha Winner Deluxe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Exfoliation and color coordination. Fill the gap in Virgie’s fields of expertise.

MicrowavedApple

kiwifarms.net
Virgie standing next to other FA-ers really drives home how much of a "small fat" she is. She still probably skews large for San Francisco, but drop her off in pretty much any other part of the US and her body type is sadly quite average.
Also, there's no way she has that office job any more, she is, I kid you not, taking a cross- country pie eating tour (hence their t shirts).

Last edited:

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Virgie standing next to other FA-er really drives home how much of a "small fat" she is. She still probably skews large for San Francisco, but drop her off in pretty much any other part of the US and her body type is sadly quite average.
View attachment 732066
Also, there's no way she has that office job any more, she is, I kid you not, taking a cross- country pie eating tour (hence their t shirts).
According to Virgie's own idiotic logic that a black woman shouldn't work to tell a white woman's story but instead should be telling her own story, Virgie shouldn't be writing and speaking for massive 400+ pounders. The truly morbidly obese should be writing and speaking for themselves. Hypocritical twat.

And those legs, dear god. They must get chafed just walking back and forth to the kitchen.

ricecake

kiwifarms.net
Let's be real. Virgie has only embraced FA because she is seriously ugly and she thinks that if she screams loud enough about being fat people won't notice her actual looks. If she didn't wear form fitting/revealing clothing, her weight would draw absolutely no attention. She is no more overweight than the average dumpy secretary in your office. But she is all in for BoPo because that face could break mirrors two miles away.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
The face that sank a thousand ships:

I think "scream about fat to draw attention away from the downright homely" is a sound theory.

@multiverse: "Virgie claims fats aren't allowed to be girly. By whom and why is unclear."

I've seen this nonsense a lot. Fatties say that they're often forced to be neuter/sexless and even co-opt "queer" and racial experiences to back up this point, always citing people like Judith Butler. They draw comparisons between themselves and women like Sojourner Truth and her "Ain't I A Woman" speech: "That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages, and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere. Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place! And ain't I a woman?" It's truly appalling and the worst of "fat academia" fart-sniffing.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino