Virgie Tovar - #losehatenotweight HAES, BoPo Snake Oil Salesman. Fat AF.

MicrowavedApple

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, Virgie doesn't strike me as the "even negative press is better than no press" type. She is pathetically transparent in her need for validation - from other FA-ers, from mainstream media and businesses (who thus far have shut her out while extending opportunities to others in the movement), and most of all, from (conventionally hot) men. I think she's licking her wounds and wishing she could take the whole stunt back.

HamFan

Hi, guize! OK, so
kiwifarms.net
[Not to change the subject, but] Have you guys seen the new BoPo coloring book? Virgie has a page!

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, Virgie doesn't strike me as the "even negative press is better than no press" type. She is pathetically transparent in her need for validation - from other FA-ers, from mainstream media and businesses (who thus far have shut her out while extending opportunities to others in the movement), and most of all, from (conventionally hot) men. I think she's licking her wounds and wishing she could take the whole stunt back.

Virgie's entire problem has nothing to do with her weight.

Virgie likes to give the aura of being the "baddest bitch in the room", but then she's upset when people think she's a bitch. She can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

JAPES OF ALL KINDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Virgie's entire problem has nothing to do with their weight.

Virgie likes to give the aura of being the "baddest bitch in the room", but then she's upset when people think she's a bitch. She can't have it both ways.
I think she wants to be the fictional version of “baddest bitch in the room” where she’s rude to everyone and everyone just talks in awed whispers about how coooool she is. The kind of book or movie character where they can say anything and offend anyone and the other characters are impressed, but you know in real life everyone would just think they were an arsehole and avoid them.

Looks like Virgie is going to speak at some SJW event. Here's what was on the events website:

Virgie Tovar calls herself “an unapologetic fat feminist who loves tiny shorts and bright lipstick.” Creator of the campaign #LoseHateNotWeight Tovar is a sought-out expert and lecturer on fat discrimination; a buzz-worthy champion of body liberation; and an essential advocate for removing moral associations from food choices and body size, and empowering people to trust their bodies instead of trying to fix them. She is contributor for ForbesWomen and has been featured in the New York Times, the BBC, and NPR, among others. Her book You Have the Right to Remain Fat will urge you to rethink our culture’s focus on weight.

Link to website: https://www.chicagohumanities.org/events/heavy-lifting-virgie-tovar-fat-positivism/

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like Virgie is going to speak at some SJW event. Here's what was on the events website:

Virgie Tovar calls herself “an unapologetic fat feminist who loves tiny shorts and bright lipstick.” Creator of the campaign #LoseHateNotWeight Tovar is a sought-out expert and lecturer on fat discrimination; a buzz-worthy champion of body liberation; and an essential advocate for removing moral associations from food choices and body size, and empowering people to trust their bodies instead of trying to fix them. She is contributor for ForbesWomen and has been featured in the New York Times, the BBC, and NPR, among others. Her book You Have the Right to Remain Fat will urge you to rethink our culture’s focus on weight.

Link to website: https://www.chicagohumanities.org/events/heavy-lifting-virgie-tovar-fat-positivism/
Lol at her being an expert in anything. She has an MA in gender studies, but somehow that makes her an expert at feminism, nutrition, health, and psychology.

By extension, my MA qualifies me to be an expert in anything I want apparently. What topics should my lecture circuit cover?

theriddler3

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol at her being an expert in anything. She has an MA in gender studies, but somehow that makes her an expert at feminism, nutrition, health, and psychology.

By extension, my MA qualifies me to be an expert in anything I want apparently. What topics should my lecture circuit cover?
The virtues of a healthy diet and exercise. Call it "self love" and " aging body acceptance-you're no longer 13 and able to eat ramen and cheetos exclusively"

AbraCadaver

JAPES OF ALL KINDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Exfoliation and color coordination. Fill the gap in Virgie’s fields of expertise.

MicrowavedApple

kiwifarms.net
Virgie standing next to other FA-ers really drives home how much of a "small fat" she is. She still probably skews large for San Francisco, but drop her off in pretty much any other part of the US and her body type is sadly quite average.
Also, there's no way she has that office job any more, she is, I kid you not, taking a cross- country pie eating tour (hence their t shirts).

Last edited:

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Virgie standing next to other FA-er really drives home how much of a "small fat" she is. She still probably skews large for San Francisco, but drop her off in pretty much any other part of the US and her body type is sadly quite average.
View attachment 732066
Also, there's no way she has that office job any more, she is, I kid you not, taking a cross- country pie eating tour (hence their t shirts).

According to Virgie's own idiotic logic that a black woman shouldn't work to tell a white woman's story but instead should be telling her own story, Virgie shouldn't be writing and speaking for massive 400+ pounders. The truly morbidly obese should be writing and speaking for themselves. Hypocritical twat.

And those legs, dear god. They must get chafed just walking back and forth to the kitchen.

ricecake

Immunocompromised Cougar
kiwifarms.net
Let's be real. Virgie has only embraced FA because she is seriously ugly and she thinks that if she screams loud enough about being fat people won't notice her actual looks. If she didn't wear form fitting/revealing clothing, her weight would draw absolutely no attention. She is no more overweight than the average dumpy secretary in your office. But she is all in for BoPo because that face could break mirrors two miles away.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
The face that sank a thousand ships:

I think "scream about fat to draw attention away from the downright homely" is a sound theory.

@multiverse: "Virgie claims fats aren't allowed to be girly. By whom and why is unclear."

I've seen this nonsense a lot. Fatties say that they're often forced to be neuter/sexless and even co-opt "queer" and racial experiences to back up this point, always citing people like Judith Butler. They draw comparisons between themselves and women like Sojourner Truth and her "Ain't I A Woman" speech: "That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages, and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere. Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place! And ain't I a woman?" It's truly appalling and the worst of "fat academia" fart-sniffing.

Last edited:

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
Let's be real. Virgie has only embraced FA because she is seriously ugly and she thinks that if she screams loud enough about being fat people won't notice her actual looks. If she didn't wear form fitting/revealing clothing, her weight would draw absolutely no attention. She is no more overweight than the average dumpy secretary in your office. But she is all in for BoPo because that face could break mirrors two miles away.
She is a reverse Tess Holiday (at least Tess from a few years ago). Instead of not really gaining fat on the face, Vergie seems to gain all her fat on her face
Actually her entire diet unfortunately shows on her face given how disgusting her skin looks
Virgie claims fats aren't allowed to be girly. By whom and why is unclear.
View attachment 737033
... But most popular fat activists try and look as feminine as possible. And most companies who make exclusive plus sizes have really girly dresses and shirts (I'm guessing because it's easier to make dresses which fit than pants). Look at Addition Elle, they have really cute and girly clothing. Hell, look at Tess Holiday and the general pinup aesthetic common to fat girls who want to look girly, many now associate pinup with a little chub. And if you aren't a super fat you're probably going to get the same clothes as anyone else due to vanity sizing and plus size sections of popular stores
Now for people being attracted to you that's a different story. If you're a super fat your girly outfit won't change the fact that you stuffed your face like a pig to get to that point which isn't considered girly (and your face/body just won't look that feminine). People attracted to really femme or girly girls might not associate pig behaviour with being girly which might make them less attracted to you but that's not a society issue, you're just not their type of girly. I haven't seen much of an issue with people seeing mildly chubby femmes as girly though. Natalie Horler of Cascada had a shoot for Playboy a while back with no issue (hell, I think she was more worried about her body than anyone else)