Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So how do the anime "fursonas" get designed? Does the Virtual Youtuber come up with the idea from scratch? Is it developed over time to complement the Virtual Youtuber's onstream mannerisms or personality? Does the production company arbitrarily pick it?

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
So how do the anime "fursonas" get designed? Does the Virtual Youtuber come up with the idea from scratch? Is it developed over time to complement the Virtual Youtuber's onstream mannerisms or personality? Does the production company arbitrarily pick it?
I'd say it depends on the group. Indie's are more likely to be developed to fit the on screen personality, due to there being only one person going for the role. A good example of this is (pre-HoloLive) Suisei Hoshimachi. She designed her model and character by herself to fit her personality as she was an indie.
However, most of the time for big groups like Nijisanji and Hololive, the model is made from scratch and people have to audition for it. People like Usada Pekora had to adopt to their characters a bit (such as learning a new speech pattern) in order to fit the character. In fact it was pointed out on a va radio show that Pekora kept fucking up and forgetting to say "peko" at the end of sentences.

Anyways Tokoyami Towa had her 3D debut sunday, marking the last 3D hololive debut for a while. It was a fun stream. It showed off her DEEP SEXY VOICE with her singing and had cute moment spread throughout the hour.
Highlights:
Full Stream:

Also since my posts have been Holosentric, Maimoto Keisuke from Nijisanji had his 3D debut. It was a very fun event, with him having a wrestling skit and generally having a good time. Subaru and Ui Shigure showed up as well.
Highlights Could only find Oozora family clips:
Full Stream:

Neurotic Loser

kiwifarms.net
So what's with the mass purge of hololive gaming videos? Did cover fuck up the monetization talk with capcom this time?

View attachment 1483063

View attachment 1483062
I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. It could also be antis flagging streams down because the videos were made before the permissions arc began, thus they techincally don't have the right to stream those games.

Edit: Looking into it a bit more, it seems like a Mio stream back in January got copyrightstruck and thus she got a 3 month streaming ban. Probabably to counteract this, the rest of the HololivePro vtubers privated all the videos before the time they started to get permission to stream them.

Last edited:

TardBows

om3tcw
kiwifarms.net
So what's with the mass purge of hololive gaming videos? Did cover fuck up the monetization talk with capcom this time?

View attachment 1483063

View attachment 1483062
I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. It could also be antis flagging streams down because the videos were made before the permissions arc began, thus they techincally don't have the right to stream those games.
Cover's in a pretty shitty situation now. They even took down zatsudans and cover songs. Expect a PR statement soon.

Edit: PR statement: https://twitter.com/cover_corp/status/1288739357289902082

Last edited:

Jiji420

kiwifarms.net
between the absolute lack of comments or updates about the permissions situation, Kaoru leaving and not being able to give a proper goodbye, and now the channels getting nuked - this shitty company is really trying my patience
edit: Also seeing the tubers themselves have to give public apologies fucking blows. We all know they did nothing wrong
bonus edit: (subaru got hit the hardest)
1596104612423.png

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Neurotic Loser

negativlad

Don't be a shit in my cut
kiwifarms.net
So no, Cover is a corporation, Nintendo's changed nothing for rules regarding them. The girls work for a company, they're a brand. They are not indie, which Nintendo has relaxed on. Ichiraka has worked out a deal with Nintendo to allow for them to monetize their games, much like indies would already be able to. Cover has not, the fact that Cover has not be getting permission for the games their talents play is the problem. Why does this matter? Because betas in Japan on a message board are busy copyright trolling based off this so they can: 1. cause damage, they're autistic and hateful and 2. because some people hardcore fanboy Nijisanji and Hololive has been the only successful threat to them.

No one cares, but the people who would take an axe and find a back basically, but because of number and sheer volume of noise, they can make copyright owners care and be aware of this, which means lawsuits, Japan loves those more than Americans.
This has come to pass. Mio is stream-banned, a huge majority of hololive streamers' archives are privated or deleted, and Kaoru was unceremoniously retired. Meanwhile, Artia has gained Twitch Partnership and made her (official) debut to a round ton of subs.

Which begs the question: why aren't more virtual tubers on Twitch? Artia is the only holo on there, and there are a handful of indies I've never heard of. I guess the Chinese have billibilli and Twitch is overwhelmingly English-speaking, but it's definitely not exclusive and the interest is there, as well as the precedent for playing games or Just Chatting solo or in collabs. I guess the culture is different there as well. Is Twitch friendly to incorporated streamers? Could and should Cover make the jump?

• Informative
Reactions: Neurotic Loser

Neurotic Loser

kiwifarms.net
This has come to pass. Mio is stream-banned, a huge majority of hololive streamers' archives are privated or deleted, and Kaoru was unceremoniously retired. Meanwhile, Artia has gained Twitch Partnership and made her (official) debut to a round ton of subs.

Which begs the question: why aren't more virtual tubers on Twitch? Artia is the only holo on there, and there are a handful of indies I've never heard of. I guess the Chinese have billibilli and Twitch is overwhelmingly English-speaking, but it's definitely not exclusive and the interest is there, as well as the precedent for playing games or Just Chatting solo or in collabs. I guess the culture is different there as well. Is Twitch friendly to incorporated streamers? Could and should Cover make the jump?
I'm assuming it is due to youtube having a bigger Japanese audience. Twitch also isn't great with archiving streams as they disappear after 3 months or so.

Anyway, they are more likely to move to bilibili than twitch as the Hololivers already have accounts there. They are probably not going to NND due to their past lives streaming there and the antis on that site being rather hostile.

• Informative
Reactions: negativlad

REGENDarySumanai

Poopie
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The time is here, i hear that people want her to play paper mario TTYD (Okayu played Paper Mario 64)
Didn't Okayu also play through TTYD?
Hololive has ruined my life and I regret nothing.
I feel dirty posting this because of the thumbnail.
EDIT: I no longer feel dirty because the thumbnail changed from Luna and Matsuri scissoring each other to a mock FBI poster.

Last edited:
Tags
None