Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
I'm still seeing a lot of Coco talk but has anyone brought up the OCHINCHIN shitshow that occurred today?

• The autistic Yahtzee clone where you spell funee VSHOJO words was banned by HoloPro because it's too vulgar for idols and think of the children viewers who watch the likes of Marine, Coco, Haato, Choco etc. Even though games like Outlast 1+2, RE7, and GTAV are all fair game. This is corroborated by Nene who said she tried to trick her manager into getting permission to play it but couldn't.
• Aragami Oga of Holostars decides to be based as fuck and make his own bootleg version of the game in just 4 days so he can play it on stream.
• Creator of OCHINCHIN logs in to Twitter and says he hates V-Tubers and presumably isn't happy someone bootlegged his painfully uncreative game for personal use. Receives some unwanted attention because of course he does.
• Creator then simmers down, or maybe is just being more sarcastic, and determines that he doesn't want any problems with V-Tubers. Applauds Oga for doing something against his superiors.
• Decides that to remedy this and his own outspoken tweets, he advises that no V-Tuber plays streams game anymore.

RainwaterDrop

~ 𝐻 𝐸 𝒴 𝒜 ~
kiwifarms.net
I worry a bit about Kanata. Her oshi married off, her best friend/wife is "leaving", her hearing keeps getting worse and her grip went down like two whole kilograms. I feel a bit bad for the tiny gorillangel... Yes I know they still live together, but they won't interact in camera.

Thing is, she joined Holo with her hearing issues in mind. She knows she'll eventually either need to retire or adapt herself since becoming deaf is a foregone conclusion for her due to Meniere's (her symptoms match it) so she's doing her best to enjoy her career while she's able to.

tubelad

kiwifarms.net
I’m going to tell you two right now that reporting him does not work. I have a chrome extension to sort Vtubers by primary language, music channels, regular youtubers etc by organizing them into lists. That channel has existed in my doxxfag list for nearly 6 months, now, with none of the videos getting taken down.
Kinda feeds into that "cover doesn't protect their talents" thing, eh? They need to step it up before more girls pack their bags.

Justtocheck

Judge Cahill stands with the Gays
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thing is, she joined Holo with her hearing issues in mind. She knows she'll eventually either need to retire or adapt herself since becoming deaf is a foregone conclusion for her due to Meniere's (her symptoms match it) so she's doing her best to enjoy her career while she's able to.
What I knew is that Meniere's causes tinnitus, vertigo and some hearing loss. (Meniere's triad), but I'm not sure if becoming deaf is a certainty. Especially if it's unilateral. That's just what I knew.

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
Kinda feeds into that "cover doesn't protect their talents" thing, eh? They need to step it up before more girls pack their bags.
I'll never forget how ANYCOLOR (Ichikara at the time) had a stronger reaction in terms of changing their infrastructure and policies in the wake of the Aloe incident than Cover did.

Like, sure, you can argue the hiring of in-house Therapists and the creation of a form specifically for reporting Antis to them so they can pursue legal action is pretty ineffective in practice (and opportunistic with its timing) - especially if one of them was to face the level of shit Coco has been - but fuck me it was something transparent and tangible.

Cover just said they'll work harder and continue supporting them, then got Fubuki and Aki to say a few words about how they'll all grow from it.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
This just popped up.

Premier time: 2 years.

Already got 150 dollars and 20+ Memberships.

She's just fucking trolling at this point lol.
its gonna be interesting to see how she will play off this new character or how the fans will react. will she play pretend and wonder why chat keeps going on about a dragon named coco or, will she still acknowledge her old persona?

ButtermilkJesus

kiwifarms.net
She's said before the only "excessive" things she spends money on is some vidya, Adidas clothes, makeup, and ordering out (food).
And a fucking bed, apparently. My broke ass is still here wondering what kind of bed costs 9 grand.

In other news, Zombo’s teaching DiffEq now. I always appreciate a break from the average stream, even if it’s something as bizarre as a college-level math class taught by a zombie anime girl.

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
its gonna be interesting to see how she will play off this new character or how the fans will react. will she play pretend and wonder why chat keeps going on about a dragon named coco or, will she still acknowledge her old persona?
It's not a new character. Kson will continue to do what she's already done for years and marumaru-gumi will continue to aggressively enforce their omertà despite being 99.9% tatsunoko.

Thomas Talus

kiwifarms.net
• Aragami Oga of Holostars decides to be based as fuck and make his own bootleg version of the game in just 4 days so he can play it on stream.
• Creator of OCHINCHIN logs in to Twitter and says he hates V-Tubers and presumably isn't happy someone bootlegged his painfully uncreative game for personal use. Receives some unwanted attention because of course he does.
Isn't the dice game a real game that was created in post-War Japan? That's not really a protectable creative expression that copyright would attach to. Two people can make video chess.

Bingeamint

Extra Minty Flavoured
kiwifarms.net
In other news, Zombo’s teaching DiffEq now. I always appreciate a break from the average stream, even if it’s something as bizarre as a college-level math class taught by a zombie anime girl.

Only if I had someone like Ollie teaching math to me back in the day. Might have actually listened for a change and anything that was more than basic multiplication might have stayed and sunk in. Got to make math interesting now.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net
Yeah that's the reason everyone is in such a tizzy and so anxious, constantly dooming. Like I said, first time for a legit graduation, so now everyone is waiting with bated breath to see how the company, the other talents, and the fanbase carries on come July 2nd onward. We are in uncharted territory and everyone is nervous in some way or another.

I figured that, she's damn-near a hikikomori. She's said before the only "excessive" things she spends money on is some vidya, Adidas clothes, makeup, and ordering out (food).
She definitely has a six-figure (USD) bank account.

"Insidious?" "New outlook?" It's the same as it's always been, it's just Coco could never jive with it, but they let her keep getting away with it because they loved her (i. e., her comment about "giving management headaches" during her member zatsu today). But when she made the decision to leave, they fought to keep her, and she said thanks but no thanks, simple as. I guess she just decided she couldn't really put up with the constant tug-o-war with them, but doesn't blame them nor have hard feelings.

Even when she first mentioned getting "bonked" and reprimanded by management a lot early on, it made sense to me. She's American, born and raised, spent a lot of her formative years in Atlanta. Her style and humor are decidedly American, which is much different than Japanese, especially in an "idol" group. If you wanna go that far, realistically she was never going to see eye-to-eye with them because of that, but they put up with it because she brought in viewers, money, and they liked her as a person. But the way her mind works is just too different to ever truly "fit in" with a Japanese idol troupe, virtual or not., which admittedly is why a lot of people liked her.

Opinions, etc.

I've been watching Hololive (and other Vtubers) since mid-late 2018 and I've always been about looking up roommates if I like the streamer. If they're a good person and they entertain me, why not support them further beyond their virtual persona? A vast majority (in Hololive, at least) them are literally the exact same person behind the avatar anyway, so saying without the avatar they're "run-of-the-mill Twitch thots" is baseless clownery.
You'll have to forgive me since I only joined the train last September but I was under the assumption that up until 2020, Holo was rather niche which is why some of the talents were allowed to get away with some somewhat risque stuff.
Then after the Taiwan incident and in the wake of the En Branch boom things started to get slightly more restrictive.

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes i wonder if Nijisanji is the better deal

Screenshot_275.png

It will take lot of red tape for holos to tap into the update