Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

Diya

Yes. It's Window 7 jellyfish and a rabbit.
kiwifarms.net
And Lulu just casually drop that she will be graduating on her birthday stream. She singing her last song at the moment and it's secret base. Tears were shed. Her last stream will be on June 30, if you're her fan you definitely don't want to miss it.
Oh shit. She really did huh. Granted, there was a lot of sign for a while now from her several long breaks. Shame though. She's probably the only Niji I actually follow.

Avokado

member of the flowering plant family Lauraceae
kiwifarms.net
The fuck that came out of nowhere huh. Graduation Season in full swing. Did she say the reason why she is graduating?

And people thought Coco's graduation will trigger flood of Holo's retirement, only for the first one after Coco is from Niji.

Jokes aside, what's with these unexpected graduation announcements? First Gibara, then Coco and now Lulu

Incoming new VTuber group

SmugPeko

kiwifarms.net
And people thought Coco's graduation will trigger flood of Holo's retirement, only for the first one after Coco is from Niji.

Jokes aside, what's with these unexpected graduation announcements? First Gibara, then Coco and now Lulu
2 nijisanji will graduate this month huh. How many big name vtuber gonna retire this year i wonder.

moments fade pain remains

Μηδένα προ του τέλους μακάριζε.
kiwifarms.net
And Lulu just casually drop that she will be graduating on her birthday stream. She singing her last song at the moment and it's secret base. Tears were shed. Her last stream will be on June 30, if you're her fan you definitely don't want to miss it.
SAY SIKE, RIGHT NOW!!!

This is not a meme. This is me demanding you to get reality warping powers and change this. Like, right now.

God damn it man.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
Also, I just realized something. There's a bit of distance from Coco's announcement and her last live, 1/2 to a month right? But for Gibara and Lulu they basically immediately have their last stream right?

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Jesus, thats a lot of graduations.
Okay, I've been lurking this thread for a while trying to figure out what's going on with vtubers so I might as well post.

That's not really a lot of graduations, statistically speaking. Considering how much vtubing exploded since 2020, some of the more high-profile ones should start dropping out. I'm surprised it took Hololive this long to lose an established talent, but I guess Kiryu Coco leaving reminded others in the biz that yes, they can also leave.

maCAloGY

kiwifarms.net
Also, I just realized something. There's a bit of distance from Coco's announcement and her last live, 1/2 to a month right? But for Gibara and Lulu they basically immediately have their last stream right?
Coco is a special case. She said multiple times that in theory the graduation was supposed to happen immediately after she chose to, but then it didn't (don't remember if she was the one who pushed to stay a little longer).

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
Coco is a special case. She said multiple times that in theory the graduation was supposed to happen immediately after she chose to, but then it didn't (don't remember if she was the one who pushed to stay a little longer).
A lot of factors happened, but yes it was artificially extended. Coco wanted to help fans ease into it, her friends and co-workers didn't want her leaving and Cover didn't even want her to leave. Coco didn't want to leave! All three parties did not want her to graduate, but she felt she had to.

X-avier cuck

kiwifarms.net
Okay, I've been lurking this thread for a while trying to figure out what's going on with vtubers so I might as well post.

That's not really a lot of graduations, statistically speaking. Considering how much vtubing exploded since 2020, some of the more high-profile ones should start dropping out. I'm surprised it took Hololive this long to lose an established talent, but I guess Kiryu Coco leaving reminded others in the biz that yes, they can also leave.
I think the reason for the shock is that idol culture is pretty much unheard of in mainstream Western culture.
So the idea of graduation to the masses is still fairly foreign especially if it's from a huge Talent

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

パパ
kiwifarms.net
SAY SIKE, RIGHT NOW!!!

This is not a meme. This is me demanding you to get reality warping powers and change this. Like, right now.

God damn it man.
Your wish had been granted. She just announced that the graduation was a joke on her twitter.

Untitled.png

SIKE.

...Did I do it right? Either way, this basically confirms it. She will be graduating from Nijisanji and from her wording, it's unlikely that she will make her returns under another avatar. So the Saine sister down to one. To be honest, the signs were there. She had been constantly taking breaks both this year and the last due to health issue, LizeLuluListen emotional ending, how much extra effort was put into her new outfit, and how much promotion she had been getting. My headcanon is that she's getting married since she's the only one who had been in Niji June bride lineup twice, she said that it's her favorite month and she wanted to be a June bride herself.

AkioDayo

kiwifarms.net
I think the reason for the shock is that idol culture is pretty much unheard of in mainstream Western culture.
So the idea of graduation to the masses is still fairly foreign especially if it's from a huge Talent
Great thing that Coco's streams are staying up after she graduates (for the time being), but I'd imagine one of the big factors why people freak out when a VTuber leaves is their content getting nuked. It just seems like a giant waste from my POV, even taking into account the emotional/sentimental reasons as to why they do it.

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
Yep, losing two high profiles will start to settle people into the fact that their oshi isn't permanent.

I do hope someone saves all her YT content and membership streams, as someone who would watch Lulu when they could, I knew she was done. She said it herself last year, she games as a reward. Gaming is her reward from life and if she took all these breaks she had to be tired. I'd be tired hitting all the promos she did.

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
Lulu graduating isn't that out of nowhere, wasn't she just off of a lengthy hiatus and streaming much less than before anyway?
A few people are already mentioning that. Lulu's been suffering some hella burn out. She puts out the level of endurance Korone can, but she's younger and has more to do with life still.