Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

Wandering Lurker

kiwifarms.net
I get the people who're constantly saying " don't get attached because it's only temporary".
But guys, it's only been several months since V-tubing effectively went mainstream to most of the world so people are really just getting into the groove.
Talents like Coco and Korone went viral last year so of course people are going to be effing sad when they announced that they're going to retire.
Another thing to consider. I would assume most people who got into vtubing at least have prior interest in content creators outside of vtubing. Most (early) youtubers, if they haven't turned into autistic sperg lolcows soapboxing political views, could still be (semi-)active online and still uploading content to this day meanwhile; Vtubers effectively stay for maybe 2-3 years and unless you dig for roommate info they vanish and their archives go with them a majority of the time.
Is it just me or why does it feel like the Nijifans in this thread like making walls of text but the Holofans just post one picture and be done with it
We Nijisanji fans in the thread are a minority and to shill Nijis some of us like to write up something decent because we don't exactly have an endless supply of clips and memes for everyone to consume.
From what I've seen, she is for real and does Bible study every sunday
View attachment 2292138
I actually want to know whether or not this girl would find something like SMT too blasphemous to play considering she's playing Doom.

moments fade pain remains

Μηδένα προ του τέλους μακάριζε.
kiwifarms.net
Intentional? Unintentional? Does it matter? You decide!

Even without context I agree.

Subaru will have to stream a girly ASMR as a punishment for losing 5 times in Sausage Legend. (Some of the player names, though...)

Here are 30 subbed minutes of Korone playing Shion's level on Mario Maker 2. If you are familiar with Mario games and/or Mario Maker, this may be a little painful to watch.

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually so fucking dumb, I chose to believe that she didn't graduate kind of forgot she graduated earlier this month. I actually quite like the Niji KR branch as I would occasionally watch Yuya and sometimes Ray and now I actively try to catch streams from Hari and Hada. June really is not the greatest month for vtubers.

I have no idea what will happen with Roa at this point honestly. I posted about how most of her fanbase by now has exonerated her but I doubt most people that know about the shitstorm have and see it as both sides being shitters blowing up over the most mundane shit. The girl will either have to come back and get antis shitting up her streams or unfortunately decide to graduate with no fanfare, I think. Which would be another blow to the poor Koala aka Debi as I think Debi and Roa were pretty close.
Hmm, nobody knows what happened to Roa and I have no sympathy for her, which sucks, I liked her and especially her interactions with Belmond. I think Niji is not publicly graduating the character to avoid the controversy, edit: I kinda have a theory or two about this, they basically boil down to Niji waiting for Roa to decide and then realizing saying nothing helps.. It's really sad for Niji, Roa proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the rumors about the environment inside Nijisanji are true.

Debi is losing quite a few friends. Debi's lost Gibara, Lulu and Roa, 3 people she collabed with and befriended through Niji.

Edit: Wandering Lurker, I'd fucking go to church again if Abigail plays SMT.

Last edited:

Scoots

kiwifarms.net
Hmm, nobody knows what happened to Roa and I have no sympathy for her, which sucks, I liked her and especially her interactions with Belmond. I think Niji is not publicly graduating the character to avoid the controversy, edit: I kinda have a theory or two about this, they basically boil down to Niji waiting for Roa to decide and then realizing saying nothing helps.. It's really sad for Niji, Roa proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the rumors about the environment inside Nijisanji are true.

Debi is losing quite a few friends. Debi's lost Gibara, Lulu and Roa, 3 people she collabed with and befriended through Niji.

Edit: Wandering Lurker, I'd fucking go to church again if Abigail plays SMT.
Whats the controversy there?

reinigen

kiwifarms.net
For a bit of a palette cleanser, this came in my suggestions. I always love seeing vTubers without 100% animu girls, so this was a pleasent surprise. Part of the reason I like watching Juniper occasionally.

Name is apparently Honey Goblin. Anyone watched her here?

Edit:
I guess people spamming her really annoyed her. I would not be surprised if she makes another character on a different ship and keeps it a secret.

Part of the reason I think streaming in an MMO is so difficult. Spergs and literal children can't help themselves but bother/follow around any streamer and can't just let them enjoy the game. This is especially compounded in a free to play game where any jackass can log in and swarm. At least paid MMOs have a minimum barrier to entry. A fairly comical take on this was done in a Machinima by Nixxiom.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

D is for Doomposter
kiwifarms.net
I actually want to know whether or not this girl would find something like SMT too blasphemous to play considering she's playing Doom.
The game is just about the power of friendship against all odds

And sometimes killing God

E0t4w_gWEAI6FeD.jpg

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
Whats the controversy there?
I like Takodachi's link for it's organization, but I feel it's a bit too nice to Ichiraka in this situation. Edit: In fact, I don't actually like the authors of it, Nijicord to me means the 4chan /niji/ threads or the Niji reddit, who are clearly biased in favor of Ichiraka.

Roa got mad over Meiro, a new talent in Nijisanji having the same regional dialect and verbal tic, as Roa had turned those into a sort of "demon language" for her character. Meiro auditioned verbal neutral because she wanted to make a good impression, but that fell to the wayside when she debuted due to nerves, this is understandable. Roa gets mad and knowing she's a bread winner in Ichiraka decides she will make this an issue and weaponizes complaints to the company and her manager and eventually culminating in taking to Meiro that she is to stop talking like Roa. Meiro is just as crazy as Roa and so she gets stressed out and blows up. Well a woman scorned has more wrath than Hell and she goes to Narukami with her side of the story and some discord chat log screenshots.

JP Nijifans are very dedicated to the company image as opposed to Hololive fans. They at first went after Meiro for making the company look bad and then when this blew up, chased Roa for also making the company look bad. There had been long time rumors that bullying for sure happened in Nijisanji, Aloe Mano even talked about a former Niji who got bullied in her now infamous Twitcast pre-debut stream that the idol and Vtuber communities in Japan scared her. This story broke out shortly after Aloe quit and that only made it worse.

Last edited:

I am not here

kiwifarms.net
Poor Debi... hope the lil plush boi finds more friends soon :(

Clips of Debi for those curious. I find them like that lil teddy bear you can't help but nod at and say yes yes, you are not evil and such a softie

Takodachi

タコニナル
kiwifarms.net
I like Takodachi's link for it's organization, but I feel it's a bit too nice to Ichiraka in this situation. Edit: In fact, I don't actually like the authors of it, Nijicord to me means the 4chan /niji/ threads or the Niji reddit, who are clearly biased in favor of Ichiraka.

Roa got mad over Meiro, a new talent in Nijisanji having the same regional dialect and verbal tic, as Roa had turned those into a sort of "demon language" for her character. Meiro auditioned verbal neutral because she wanted to make a good impression, but that fell to the wayside when she debuted due to nerves, this is understandable. Roa gets mad and knowing she's a bread winner in Ichiraka decides she will make this an issue and weaponizes complaints to the company and her manager and eventually culminating in taking to Meiro that she is to stop talking like Roa. Meiro is just as crazy as Roa and so she gets stressed out and blows up. Well a woman scorned has more wrath than Hell and she goes to Narukami with her side of the story and some discord chat log screenshots.

JP Nijifans are very dedicated to the company image as opposed to Hololive fans. They at first went after Meiro for making the company look bad and then when this blew up, chased Roa for also making the company look bad. There had been long time rumors that bullying for sure happened in Nijisanji, Aloe Mano even talked about a former Niji who got bullied in her now infamous Twitcast pre-debut stream that the idol and Vtuber communities in Japan scared her. This story broke out shortly after Aloe quit and that only made it worse.
Yeah I agree that Roa and Ichikara were at fault here, they could have handled it so much better, I wanted the tourist to read the info at hand and reach to their own conclusions.

To play Devil's Advocate though, I remember reading somewhere that Nijisanji had a "rule" about not overlapping with other liver's "shticks", in this case Meiro's natural accent clashed with Roa's forced one.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net

Oh, I remember about this one but I didn't know that Roa also got blowback from the scandal. Yeah, one of the suspicion people has about Niji is that there's a clique/circle among the talents, which made them unable to synergize like the Holo did (I'm not saying there's none of the clique bs on holo, is just that so far they look very united).

Also the fans taking the side of the company instead of the talents is quite common in Japan, especially among the mainstream audiences. This, coupled with some of their strategy like the VTuber School made me think Ichikara is not that different with mainstream Talent Jimusho, like Johnny's or Yoshimoto Kogyo

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I agree that Roa and Ichikara were at fault here, they could have handled it so much better, I wanted the tourist to read the info at hand and reach to their own conclusions.

To play Devil's Advocate though, I remember reading somewhere that Nijisanji had a "rule" about not overlapping with other liver's "shticks", in this case Meiro's natural accent clashed with Roa's forced one.
I have heard of no such rule and the Nijifags of /jp/ days would've been quick to mention it. Such a rule would be insanely self-defeating or at least limiting. Considering some already have overlaps here and there. I understand you're saying you merely heard of it, so I'm sorry if I sound a bit strong here.

Edit: I wish I could be nice to Roa and Ichiraka, but ya, they could've just told Roa to fucking get over it. Ichiraka's had no problem telling talent they're not god.

Edit 2: Rezza, cliques just happen, we're humans. Segregation is not as unnatural as people want to believe it is. We're tribal animals. That said, the core difference between the two is, Holos have good senpai that seem to make sure that if you don't wanna be around someone, you at least stay clear and respectful of them. It also just helps that compared to Niji, Hololive is still small talent-wise. As odd as that is to say.

Uruk

kiwifarms.net

I think you're actually giving way too much of a charitable interpretation to Meiro in all honestly. Plenty of evidence has come out well after the fact to show that Meiro has had a history as a grifter. Plus, you've completely misinterpreted the Aloe incident, but I've already outlined the specifics behind it here just to try and curb the spread of further misinformation surrounding it.

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
I think you're actually giving way too much of a charitable interpretation to Meiro in all honestly. Plenty of evidence has come out well after the fact to show that Meiro has had a history as a grifter. Plus, you've completely misinterpreted the Aloe incident, but I've already outlined the specifics behind it here just to try and curb the spread of further misinformation surrounding it.
I disagree, Meiro was very understandable in the situation until she started going off the rails and becoming unreasonable. Leaking this shit was never okay and especially not to Narukami, who's had a grudge with Ichiraka for a while. I didn't misinterpret the Aloe thing either, because while yes it got debunked, it was a very real part of the incident following Aloe and the situation between Roa and Meiro did nothing to help the rather persistent rumors even before this incident about Ichiraka. Roa could've known better and this shouldn't have happened, but Roa made it happen.

That said, thank you for the post you're linking in case anyone wants a refresher on that aspect, but I gave it maybe 1-2 lines and that's it. It's not even core to my statement.

Edit: Meiro's outside history is irrelevant to the situation that occurred. Also, not surprised, she's kinda crazy.

Azchan

kiwifarms.net
There are still no clips about it, but on yesterday on Kanata's Minecraft stream, Coco joined the server and they started roleplaying as old men sending dick pics to Nene, which in turn started roleplaying as an highschool girl who wanted money from old men.

This confirms that both Coco and Kanata have cocks and Nene just wants your money.
Oh damn. Missed that.

From what I've seen, she is for real and does Bible study every sunday
View attachment 2292138
This is kinda cute.

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net

I forgot to link this sooner as I was too busy watching it. Nene Amano has been doing a public watchalong of Fate/Zero. Y'all should join in and watch the archives if you like Fate or wanna get into it.