Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
This seems to be a chatlog of some of the holoCN girls simping over what I assume to be ywwuyi. All the comments are enraged that they would betray the virgin class.

Does this guy have a lot of haters domestically?
Well, when you use your clout, political power, and money to sleep with your waifu (and lots of them), the chinks are bound to get pissed off, I guess

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
In case you still don't undersdtand how big this ywwuyi guy is, google "爽哥", image section. He's really famous, rich, and have tie with CCP. He even owns multilple foreign branch luxury cars. He got money to throw around and let others do his bidding, like what you saw in Haachama's stream.
5bfc1660884197f1627cfd63630afed16e88f081.jpg

The images I'm seeing are mostly a unrelated meme Cool Guy that he is named after. I think this is probably his real face. From what I can tell, he is an equivalent of a Reddit mod on NGA. A cursory glance of his twitter @ywwuyi reveals that he is a fat weeb princeling with a lot of money to throw around and a streamer, but what makes you think he is a ringleader? The sentiment of the simpchinese replies to his tweet seem kind of mixed. Why does he use twitter so blatantly in the first place?

What are the anti-antis like on the other side of the wall?

Potatohead

kiwifarms.net
Unconfirmed rumor that CN holobros have gotten antis posing as pro-Taiwan in order to blend in SWATTed and arrested. There was a pic floating around of the son of a government official family freaking out at ruining his social credit and his families’ careers permanently.

The second one I’ve had a mainland cousin debunk, its basically a naive rrat they fed Reddit to laugh at the dumb foreigners. The first is unknown, and I’m not quite sure how one would go about confirming it, but given that a bug was dumb enough to self-doxx for clout a few pages back, it absolutely would not surprise me if it were real. Remember, if your question is “Are they really THAT stupid?” the answer is probably yes.

For fucks sake, they had a publically accessible hatepage for Coco that 4chan got taken down only to make a new one, that was breached in two weeks. In contrast I don’t think they even know about the farms to any degree, this site is obscure as hell, and any buganon is super obvious by the way they type.

• Informative
Reactions: Style

Deluxe

kiwifarms.net
Chinese antis gayops are doomed to fail because of the level of sophistication required to understand and impersonate a completely different culture is too high. Even state intelligence agencies have a hard time doing it without glowing in the dark. The only possible way to do damage this route is to convince people that legit users are secretly bugmen and foster paranoia (yellow hands typed this post, hello zhang, ect), but the reality is that a vast majority of western fans just aren't that invested because they don't treat it like some kind of chuunibyou holy war.

It's really the chatspam that's the issue. I believe it is absolutely possible to mitigate a majority of the botspam. I won't say exactly how but running analytics on the spam accounts, it's clear that they share a lot of factors that can be selected for. It's frustrating that Cover hasn't done anything about this. They have programmers who can write the script to deal with this in a couple days max. The only reason I can think of why they choose not to is because they naively believe YouTube will do something about it. Coco talked about how she saw YouTube site moderators delete some spam in her channel but it's not really proof of any action and even if it was, that company moves at a glacial pace. Livechat hasn't been updated significantly since it was first implemented, and even the slow mode bypass exploit hasn't been fixed yet.

It sounds awful but I kind of hope the botspam spreads quickly to the point where it becomes impossible for YouTube to ignore. Pissing off the entire youtube livestreaming scene and causing a PR shitstorm is the only thing I can think of that might actually get YouTube to move faster.

A more positive solution would be to somehow get one of /ourguys/ in YouTube (if any exist) to spread awareness of the spam issue internally. Reporting, feedback fields and @ing them on Twitter does jack shit. Simply adding a option to require users to have 2fa before posting would significantly improve the site for everybody, not just Hololive.

Last edited:

Potatohead

kiwifarms.net
The only possible way to do damage this route is to convince people that legit users are secretly bugmen and foster paranoia (yellow hands typed this post, hello zhang, ect), but the reality is that a vast majority of western fans just aren't that invested because they don't treat it like some kind of chuunibyou holy war.
Do you think bugman ops would have worked in a pre-Aloe time? Or if EN had flopped as hard as everyone predicted? I’m curious as to if Aloe bringing the Hololive community closer together had anything to do with how strongly CN rrats are rejected universally. Like with that one clip channel being destroyed for trying an anti-Coco angle on the controversy and getting dogpiled.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
Unconfirmed rumor that CN holobros have gotten antis posing as pro-Taiwan in order to blend in SWATTed and arrested. There was a pic floating around of the son of a government official family freaking out at ruining his social credit and his families’ careers permanently.

The second one I’ve had a mainland cousin debunk, its basically a naive rrat they fed Reddit to laugh at the dumb foreigners. The first is unknown, and I’m not quite sure how one would go about confirming it, but given that a bug was dumb enough to self-doxx for clout a few pages back, it absolutely would not surprise me if it were real. Remember, if your question is “Are they really THAT stupid?” the answer is probably yes.

For fucks sake, they had a publically accessible hatepage for Coco that 4chan got taken down only to make a new one, that was breached in two weeks. In contrast I don’t think they even know about the farms to any degree, this site is obscure as hell, and any buganon is super obvious by the way they type.
I refuse to believe the social credit one is real. As far as I know, it doesn't function like a currency where you can transfer it to others. Second, if I remember it correctly, the system hasn't been implemented nationally or as widespread as we thought. Again, as far as I know
Chinese antis gayops are doomed to fail because of the level of sophistication required to understand and impersonate a completely different culture is too high. Even state intelligence agencies have a hard time doing it without glowing in the dark. The only possible way to do damage this route is to convince people that legit users are secretly bugmen and foster paranoia (yellow hands typed this post, hello zhang, ect), but the reality is that a vast majority of western fans just aren't that invested because they don't treat it like some kind of chuunibyou holy war.

It's really the chatspam that's the issue. I believe it is absolutely possible to mitigate a majority of the botspam. I won't say exactly how but running analytics on the spam accounts, it's clear that they share a lot of factors that can be selected for. It's frustrating that Cover hasn't done anything about this. They have programmers who can write the script to deal with this in a couple days max. The only reason I can think of why they choose not to is because they naively believe YouTube will do something about it. Coco talked about how she saw YouTube site moderators delete some spam in her channel but it's not really proof of any action and even if it was, that company moves at a glacial pace. Livechat hasn't been updated significantly since it was first implemented, and even the slow mode bypass exploit hasn't been fixed yet.

It sounds awful but I kind of hope the botspam spreads quickly to the point where it becomes impossible for YouTube to ignore. Pissing off the entire youtube livestreaming scene and causing a PR shitstorm is the only thing I can think of that might actually get YouTube to move faster.

A more positive solution would be to somehow get one of /ourguys/ in YouTube (if any exist) to spread awareness of the spam issue internally. Reporting, feedback fields and @ing them on Twitter does jack shit. Simply adding a option to require users to have 2fa before posting would significantly improve the site for everybody, not just Hololive.
I agree. There's nothing that we or Cover coud do with mainland's antis. The bridge has bee burned and they have hated us and all Hologirls. One thing I defit know about mainland chinks is, once they have a grudge, they'll have it until the end of times, even passing it down to others if necessary.

And on unrelated notes,
Pekora and Moona compete together.
I just realised that the Undokai is the first time Pekora and Moona talked to each other. That's pretty TT

Thomas Talus

kiwifarms.net
I refuse to believe the social credit one is real. As far as I know, it doesn't function like a currency where you can transfer it to others. Second, if I remember it correctly, the system hasn't been implemented nationally or as widespread as we thought. Again, as far as I know
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but iirc associating with someone with low social credit can damage your own. It's not a matter of transferring credit between people, it's contamination.

The Burning Giraffe

kiwifarms.net
Do you think bugman ops would have worked in a pre-Aloe time? Or if EN had flopped as hard as everyone predicted? I’m curious as to if Aloe bringing the Hololive community closer together had anything to do with how strongly CN rrats are rejected universally. Like with that one clip channel being destroyed for trying an anti-Coco angle on the controversy and getting dogpiled.
Probably not. Of course the Aloe shit gave this a way sharper edge, but the bugmen were just way too aggressive here.

I've only thought about this for a bit, but the real gayop they should have run is false flags. Something like posing as Taiwanese, and whooping constantly about how Taiwan is winning until everyone got annoyed with it, then slid in and be all "Hey guys no politics here."

The real problem is that they never had the leverage they thought they had, the CN branch was apparently dead weight after all. I wonder if they had known that if they would be so quick to be all Coco or us?

• Agree
Reactions: Neurotic Loser

Potatohead

kiwifarms.net

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but iirc associating with someone with low social credit can damage your own. It's not a matter of transferring credit between people, it's contamination.
Right, what I got out of my cousin is that SocCred is mostly a meme. Bad enough cred will lock you out of things like applying for a new credit card. I’m not sure how hard it is to raise back up, but given that they joke about doing community hours to grind Social Credit it can’t be that hard. It’s why I said that one in particular was debunked.

I've only thought about this for a bit, but the real gayop they should have run is false flags. Something like posing as Taiwanese, and whooping constantly about how Taiwan is winning until everyone got annoyed with it, then slid in and be all "Hey guys no politics here."
They tried that too, but in English. Things like the wiki articles, the “Anyone else here from X country?” in various languages, the “Please speak only English.” spam. The intention was to create a rift between EN and JP, but Aloe cemented us together,

It’s not like people know that Taiwanese use the more complicated Traditional writing, and mainland uses simplified. Most people couldn’t even tell them apart.

Given how Coco publicly apologized for her aids chat affecting the other girls yesterday, the smart thing would have been to harass a different Holo to graduate, then pin it on Coco as it was her fault the bugs breached containment and make her graduate of her own volition out of guilt. Either they weren’t committed enough to getting rid of her, or like you said they lacked the leverage. And in the end, trying to force it only broke their own stick.

Last edited:

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
kiwifarms.net
Right, what I got out of my cousin is that SocCred is mostly a meme. Bad enough cred will lock you out of things like applying for a new credit card. I’m not sure how hard it is to raise back up, but given that they joke about doing community hours to grind Social Credit it can’t be that hard. It’s why I said that one in particular was debunked.
Social credit isn't just about locking you out of things like access to consumer credit. Low social credit can also prevent you from being allowed to travel, prevent you from being allowed to attend school, and even single you out for public humiliation (ala the struggle sessions of the Mao era). All this being said, I don't think social credit is really a factor here. I've met more than enough hardline mainland nationalists to know that people can go full wolf warrior for even seemingly mundane reasons. A lot of Chinese national pride is tied up in things the rest of the world considers inconsequential and it can be easy to confuse this with some kind of grand CCP conspiracy.

Anon2411

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1741813
The images I'm seeing are mostly a unrelated meme Cool Guy that he is named after. I think this is probably his real face. From what I can tell, he is an equivalent of a Reddit mod on NGA. A cursory glance of his twitter @ywwuyi reveals that he is a fat weeb princeling with a lot of money to throw around and a streamer, but what makes you think he is a ringleader? The sentiment of the simpchinese replies to his tweet seem kind of mixed. Why does he use twitter so blatantly in the first place?

Sorry for late reply, Yup, it's exactly as you said, though to be more precise, think of him and his fans/antis as 5chan and their mod, suddenly he's up and get into close contact with "their girls" they would throw a fit, with time pass they would get back to shitposting with him as usual.

Ah shit, forgot to answer your other question, outside of his fan circle and NGA, he's either loved or loathed by others for being the rich clown he is. He's a very controversial person both irl and on the net, think of him as leafy/pokimane but super far right and he often does mob raid with his fans.
He played Kancol in the past, a game the JP bros mostly have forgotten about, he loved it and played it a lot, rage quitted when a TW artist got hired to draw for the game. That speaks volume of his view on nationalism
His taste is quite refined (I share some with him, mainly Super robot wars, turn based strategy, old anime) and he liked many thing in the past, moving from one to another, there was time he was super invested in FGO but ended up uninstalling it. Hololive and vtubing being his sole attraction for now. In a few year maybe he'll move on from this as usual.

About him being Ringleader, If you carefully read the comments, you can see that his fans chatting about him being the one giving order for attack on Coco, and also the one supplying them with "armaments" (you know what it means, wheelbarrow or unicyclo, you name it)

TLDR: prior to him betraying the virgin class, he was mostly loved by everyone who watched him since he's created and participated in many fan events, he even attended Comiket once iirc. Though they mocked him about betraying them, things're mostly back to normal now, it's a stretch to say they hate him for it. Idolfags still hate him of course.

Edit: oh mine, I quote the wrong post, sorry Cubanodun.

Last edited:
Tags
None