Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

Cubanodun

A spark is all you need
kiwifarms.net
The virgin Peter Parker/Miles morales vs the chad Eddie brock

Watching the not starve together collab and i found hilarious how Calli is almost always silent and just ask questions when she find things, also her live2d almost reflect how tired she is

Screenshot_994.png

A neat contrast with Gura that just wander away and had to be whipped by Amelia because she keeps dying

Edit: also have to add Gura way of playing is odd, she played Superliminal a game that Amelia played a while ago and instead of copying her style and taking her time with the puzzles she just bumrush everything and somehow get the solutions by just guessiong and clicking like a maniac, a pattern that i also noticed on Minecraft where she get distracted to easily

Last edited:

BigSmokyBaconSlice

Bacon is good, bacon is justice
kiwifarms.net
Edit: also have to add Gura way of playing is odd, she played Superliminal a game that Amelia played a while ago and instead of copying her style and taking her time with the puzzles she just bumrush everything and somehow get the solutions by just guessiong and clicking like a maniac, a pattern that i also noticed on Minecraft where she get distracted to easily
Man that was weird to watch, she did a lot of shit that I didn't expect or see anyone else do in their own playthroughs of the game - like with the plank at the start of the tutorial. Maybe she has ADHD?

Also: an important observation by Gura

deadtofaunus

kiwifarms.net
They tried that too, but in English. Things like the wiki articles, the “Anyone else here from X country?” in various languages, the “Please speak only English.” spam. The intention was to create a rift between EN and JP, but Aloe cemented us together,

It’s not like people know that Taiwanese use the more complicated Traditional writing, and mainland uses simplified. Most people couldn’t even tell them apart.
The glow-in-the-dark quality of chink gayops cannot be understated. Whereas Taiwanese netizens will often have a good grasp on SEA English if not proper Western English, I've yet to a rabid mainlander that didn't stand out like the Sun would in the middle of a night sky.

In truth, mimicking "overseas" culture doesn't even require any SpecOps-level intelligence like @Deluxe suggested earlier, since the overseas fandom is essentially just a melting pot of all the non-Japanese and Chinese communities coming together to enjoy and celebrate chuubas. There aren't really any codewords that only "true overseas bros" would know or that, if forgotten, would reveal impostors. You really have to be a fucking weirdo to stand out among the crowd. And that's where wumao always fail. They've all been brainwashed into viewing the rest of the planet with seething disdain and it never fails to show whenever they venture out from behind the safety of their Great Firewall.

Justtocheck

#MafiaLoreHYPE $ $ $
kiwifarms.net
There’s too many fucking groups involved in this shitshow:

1) JP fans - fully invested. Very likely to hold a “Fuck china” attitude. Main player in the game.
2) JP antis - Don’t think they’re involved this time, mentioned for clarity.

3) CN fans - fully invested, likely crushed by what the antis have done. Includes Taiwanbros, who have done their best to relay info to the chans, reddit, etc.
4) CN antis - combination of bugs that hate the US, Sino-superiority complex, want to keep Holos on their platform. Remove Coco, or leave China. Major player in the game.

And now, the dark horses:
5) EN fans. Stupidly large untapped market. Noncentralized, meaning fans across all of social media: reddit, chans, fb, twitter, etc. Generous as well. Really, REALLY fucking hates China for a variety of reasons, primed by Gura shouting out Coco during her karaoke. Major player in the game.
6) EN antis. I include the grifters and atroturfers here as well, since they cut into Hololive’s stronghold on the Vtuber sphere. Mentioned for clarity, barely relevant outside of Twitter.

I'm a member of group 5. Interesting. Since you know so much much, do you happen to know if anyone from group 1 through 6 has ever actually gotten laid?

Estellise

kiwifarms.net
Chinese ops have also been largely focused on just youtube chat. They're completely ineffective in major hubs like Reddit, 4chan, and scattered Discord channels, which is where I perceive most fan discussion happening. YT chat discussion is simply impossible on streams with 10k viewers, with the exception of hivemind responses (ie 100 people saying "F" when someone dies) which are usually shallow

I do wonder to what extent the Chinese antis can disrupt Japanese hubs, though.

Reactions: Rezza

Dang Woodchucks!

The Haachama Heresy
kiwifarms.net
Man that was weird to watch, she did a lot of shit that I didn't expect or see anyone else do in their own playthroughs of the game - like with the plank at the start of the tutorial. Maybe she has ADHD?

Also: an important observation by Gura
Senzawa poked her head for a second there. :story:
On a completely unrelated note.

Do we have any koreans in the thread? I've been curious about Ina's KR, how bad or good is it?
Isn't she like actually korean? She doesn't look Japanese in the one pic I've seen of her.

Potatohead

kiwifarms.net
I've met more than enough hardline mainland nationalists to know that people can go full wolf warrior for even seemingly mundane reasons. A lot of Chinese national pride is tied up in things the rest of the world considers inconsequential and it can be easy to confuse this with some kind of grand CCP conspiracy.
Mmm, talking to an overseas Holofan through my source told me that it really was just the idea of Coco being born in America, purposefully snubbing the CN market by never streaming on billbilli plus the Taiwan bit. That’s all it took for the wolf warrior mentality to kick in.

Also, wolves are so rabid the CCP actively tries to contain how far they leak onto the wider internet. Tuning an entire generation of young men to be nationalistic sperglords is the kind of plan you want to double check before putting into action, who woulda thunk?
In truth, mimicking "overseas" culture doesn't even require any SpecOps-level intelligence like @Deluxe suggested earlier, since the overseas fandom is essentially just a melting pot of all the non-Japanese and Chinese communities coming together to enjoy and celebrate chuubas. There aren't really any codewords that only "true overseas bros" would know or that, if forgotten, would reveal impostors. You really have to be a fucking weirdo to stand out among the crowd. And that's where wumao always fail. They've all been brainwashed into viewing the rest of the planet with seething disdain and it never fails to show whenever they venture out from behind the safety of their Great Firewall.
I don’t know about the others, but false-flaggers have a lexicon of words that only antis use. They stand out, bugs doubly so. A fan of any of the ENs would never unironically shit on another EN using the one the follow, so when it happens its practically radioactive in how visible it is. Especially with something like “Cocofag”.

I'm a member of group 5. Interesting. Since you know so much much, do you happen to know if anyone from group 1 through 6 has ever actually gotten laid?
If they had, do you think they would be in said groups to begin with?
Wait, scratch that, there’s a few anons that have mentioned their SO getting them into chuubas. So idk, maybe?

I do wonder to what extent the Chinese antis can disrupt Japanese hubs, though.
Think I recall them using the same shit the bugs are, carried over from NND. Which is why I really want to know what the EN JOPs are doing for their streams, since Gura’s regular chat rivals Coco’s bug-infested one.
Senzawa poked her head for a second there. :story:
You saw her most recent rendition of Country Roads, right? She’s been leaking for a while now. Not to mention the frustration pandering.

Anon2411

kiwifarms.net
Mmm, talking to an overseas Holofan through my source told me that it really was just the idea of Coco being born in America, purposefully snubbing the CN market by never streaming on billbilli plus the Taiwan bit. That’s all it took for the wolf warrior mentality to kick in.
Yup, that's basically the spark of the war, Coco antis and CN Holo antis movement forms here.
This confirms it:

However, Cover perpetual chain of fuck-up and lies caused more chaos than needed and lead every single average CN Holo fan astray
This for more info:

As you can see, the average CN fan care less about One China policy or En tweets being different (they don't care about EN tweets as all compared to japanese tweets regarding this incident coming from Cover). They're enraged why Cover lies about things to both sides (according to them) [again, no mention of en tweets].

1 month pass. on 18/10, Cover made issued different statements to both JP and CN sides again, they're in disbelief of Cover fuck up at that stage. They see this as Cover picking a side, the JP side instead of the CN/Bili side that helped them create the Hololive brand from the ground up (true, since Holo didn't see success in JP or NND at all compared to Bili at the time).

I say it before, they only want to duke it out with the JP bros since both side have been at odds since time immemorial.

Also, wolves are so rabid the CCP actively tries to contain how far they leak onto the wider internet. Tuning an entire generation of young men to be nationalistic sperglords is the kind of plan you want to double check before putting into action, who woulda thunk?
The CCP if possible they don't want stupid mistakes like this to happen as they leave a stain on their country's images. However 小粉紅 being on the rise since the last few year with infamous leader the like of 爽哥/ywwuyi leading them tend to make things ... interesting.

It's influential people like him that made games companies/publishers like Mihoyo or XD network to bow their head and chicken out of Hololive.
The infamous NGA dogeza by XD network speaks volume of the power NGA mods hold over the CN media market.

Goodbye Musedash and fuck you...

P/S: help, I just want to post imgur url, but Kiwi keeps wrapping it, how do I prevent it in future posts ?

Last edited:

Promestein

VITAMIN WATER
kiwifarms.net
P/S: help, I just want to post imgur url, but Kiwi keeps wrapping it, how do I prevent it in future posts ?

Upload directly to the site and archive the links

deadtofaunus

kiwifarms.net
With the Sports Tournament collab basically giving us 25 hours of content (5 hours x 5 perspectives), my YouTube recommendations are basically full of new clips every time I refresh.
Here's the intro video to the event that Miko used, featuring a bunch of crazy people:
However, Cover perpetual chain of fuck-up and lies caused more chaos than needed and lead every single average CN Holo fan astray
Attacking the sole provider of an exclusive product that they actively wish to consume over perceived sleights that in no way affect their enjoyment of the product itself. An idea so smooth-brained only unimaginative bugmen could've come up with it. I could've understood a boycott or some other form of silent dissent, but declaring all-out war, planning shitty mass-gayops and then getting mad when the strategy inevitably fails is pure delusion. :stress:
IIRC a few years back Imgur banned direct links from the Farms. No idea if that's changed but probably best to not use them for important images.

Potatohead

kiwifarms.net
I say it before, they only want to duke it out with the JP bros since both side have been at odds since time immemorial.
No, this is false. There’s an image floating around of them being scared of how big EN was getting, I think around the time Gura really started climbing. I got the version with translations to the side, which is a little scuffed, but also the raw. I’ll post it when I wake up in a few hours.
Attacking the sole provider of an exclusive product that they actively wish to consume over perceived sleights that in no way affect their enjoyment of the product itself. An idea so smooth-brained only unimaginative bugmen could've come up with it. I could've understood a boycott or some other form of silent dissent, but declaring all-out war, planning shitty mass-gayops and then getting mad when the strategy inevitably fails is pure delusion.
Honestly not dissimilar to SJWs, they gotta inject politics wherever possible even if it’s to their detriment. Just so they can get the dopamine rush off their equivalent of a (You).

You must understand, meither side can bow down and accept misplaced blame here. The bugs cannot admit they overreacted, for that would be showing weakness. And a weak wolf is culled from the pack. There can be not retreat, attack attack attack.

EN and JP fans cannot back down, for Coco fundamentally did no wrong and accepting misplaced blame is how funny mustache man rose to power — in this analogy, had Coco graduated or otherwise dogeza’d, China would have actual leverage to use against Cover in the future. Can’t have leverage when your branch of Holos tries to steal proprietary tech from the company you violently ejected from your nation...

I still cannot comprehend how they think completely removing Cover from billibilli. killing CN, and giving their arch-nemesis a massive international spotlight with accompanying financial support, was in any way shape or form a victory. That goes beyond delusion, beyond narrative crafting/funposting.

Tags
None