Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

FlappyBat

soap, ballot, jury, ammo
kiwifarms.net
my money is on HAACHAMA CHAMA

offtopic: is it my part of the bumfuck nowhere or is connection to the farms very intermittent/unreliable? Unless I hit the internet points button on some of your posts the instant a page load, it takes anywhere from a minute to 5 to give you your internet points. Not to mention either pfps, actual image attachments, videos not loading and/or any posts I make still being saved as my draft
Not just you. DDOS is a bitch.

Azchan

Debutting inside your mom's pants
kiwifarms.net
Anyway I'll take a moment to shill out my own reminder that Phase Connect also still has this cute max comfy dragon who released her first little music video. I won't profess to be a musical prodigy with amazing taste but I like it. Kind of reminds me of Snail's House or something a little.
Her time slot is weird for me and the fact that i don't know moonrunes kinda pushes me away from em.

That stream was good, and expose the Black Company Cover is (/sneed). No fixed day off. Half of them have less than 6 hours of sleep per night. Majority of them don't eat three meal a day. I expect those kind of work condition from legit JP corporate slave, not from anime girls playing video games. Just go to show that there are things going behind the scene that they doesn't show to us, and any retard that think they get a free ride to fame and money just because they joined Hololive can fuck off.

And Kanata is the one to talk, when she's one with the least healthy work schedule and is killing herself for months. I hope this mark the change in their work/rest practice.
How much of that is imposed by COVER and how much of it is part of the cultural bullshit? I remember Chris Broad talking about being a teacher and often others commenting on how hard-working some of his coworkers were because they stayed after class in the staff room doing nothing for 2-3 hours. Productivity is not measured by metrics only by appearances and being a kiss-ass.

I also remember some of the JP girls commenting on how weird it was for Kiara to just piss off and take a few days off. Kiara who puts out a ton of songs shows up to streams and is really active.

• During EVO 2014 she cheats on her first boyfriend Bill to give a blowjob to an FGC player Jason (GCYoshi13).
Damn, girls thirsting for dick is great and all but calling other people rapists over it once the dirty laundry is out is pretty fucking yabai.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Fuckin dreading a break from work of all things. No one in right mind would think of such blasphemy.
"find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your live".
nippon work ethics do the rest.

but yeah, cover should really push for more r&r, especially the ones who live alone and have no parents or mates keeping an eye on things.
fuck just turn it into content and do a few more onsen trips or whatever.

@Scuttle
but 2-3 day sleeps occurring a few times a year should be a massive cause for concern, and if she's really in the medical field she should probably know that.
depends how much sleep you get the rest of the time, days where I get less or shift my rythm I'll inevitably gonna sleep like 17h-20h with a shot break.

Nand Flash Array

kiwifarms.net
The streaming threadmill is real.
Case in point Kiara not having a single full breakday for about a month at this point due other obligations besides streaming. She herself recently said in I think it was Zelda that she's turning into a JP member

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
@Azchan So the thing is, in JP idol culture they can and do lose a lot of fans over the craziest things, even such as a break. Along with Japanese work culture. A lot of idols have stepped into being Vtubers and that only helped bring the fear over. Even the non-idols grew up watching and following idols, so they know this stuff. They legitimately fear that people will leave them, but we Western fans don't do that, we typically stick to a streamer like glue, but that behavior is alien to them. Edit: Also, a lot of them as stated do kinda parasocial their chats to a degree, a bunch of lonely, damaged Japanese girls having to leave their support base of faceless fans who love them is not easy.

Plenty of Cover managers have stepped in to basically force breaks and Watame's manager is almost a tard wrangler for how much my beloved sheep over works her water logged ass. No, a lot of this is just on the girls being mental. UN-FUCKING-FORTUNATELY!

Svarog

kiwifarms.net
@kadmckool
their normal work like Ina, Sana or Pomu
Isn't Pomu quit her normal job?
And what a Ina and Sana normal work? Artists?
@Scuttle
but 2-3 day sleeps occurring a few times a year
It's maybe chronic fatigue syndrome or something similar. I sleep 3-5 hours a day (because work, games and my vtube waifus). And time to time i have fever and lay down to bed for 16-20 hours. And it's I don't have a disease, I'm just a dickhead.

Last edited:

Diya

✨𝓗𝓪𝓰 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮✨
kiwifarms.net
@Azchan I really have to make /sneed bigger and more prominent huh. With the story of how her manager have to step in and force Watame to rest for three days, management have to officially told Marine to not stream when her voice die, and how Ayame are allowed to almost not streaming for a month because "she can't get internet working in new place" while some girl go out of their way to use office or stream in car if the have to, it's more than clear that Cover doesn't forced them to stream or anything. At most, they asked some member to participate in their official programs like Hologra and the monthly NND thing - and I'm half bet that most of the time the talent have to push themselves in to get the spot (Suisei complained how she wasn't in HoloGra for months, a few week later she got two for example). The only thing I know Cover strongly asked them to do is the voice/dance training thing, and the main event of Holo Fes.

Last edited:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Pippa wants table top recommendations that are simpler than 5e. Help, my oshi is a pleb.

unironically works fine if you just want to roll some dice. alternative: https://www.mouseguard.net/book/role-playing-game/

Tenma is amazing with other people and I feel like the rabbit might be a bit jealous of how easy it seems for Tenma to do collabs. Sorta reminds me of this anime.
View attachment 2525241
oh god mii-chan in a schoolgirl outfit does things to me I usually only get from a marine stream...

Sekrion Nexus Mind

Got an upgraded chassis
kiwifarms.net
I completely forgot that Rikka got their casual outfit today. Although I don't watch much of Holostars or Rikka; I kinda like this casual outfit.

E-62Jm9VEAQsc14.jpgE-62JvyVcAQ-HY3.jpgE-62J5lVcAIcoN-.jpgE-62KDMVUAUWoyE.jpg

Live 2D by FELUCCA.

In addition: some merch was shown in the Livestream as well. (Tweet with the merch)

E-636tvUYAYobSq.jpgE-6367JVcAAK_Ka.jpgE-637KbVcAgFidt.jpg

Also, It looks like Okayu is getting a Live 2D update it seems (I think?) and she has an announcement as well.

horni

Be exceptional to each other.
kiwifarms.net
Also Tenma such a goof, love her.
View attachment 2524475

Tenma is great, she's a drunk shitposter but also a caring and polite person. I wonder what's the story behind her roommate, how she learned English and so on, has she talked about this on stream?
Also I agree with the screenshot, I think Pippa/Yuni Luna recently complains a lot more than before in her tweets, so things are not going as well as she wants them to be I'm afraid. Or she is just off her meds. Anyway: I wish there was more interaction between P-C vtubers, the EN talents are all fine (I know nothing of their JP talents, sadly) and I think there is a lot of potential for some really fun content.
My comment about the /pcg/ having a meltdown (I shouldn't really do it, as I don't like this topic and I think it makes this thread worse, but hey): it's okay to not like this thread and what (and how) is discussed here, but as almost every opinion on /vt/, it got blown out of proportion. There are how many, 20-30 active posters? 4-5 of them like Pippa, rest probably doesn't care that much. /vt/ had an entire thread dedicated to "Zax cuckposting", while people here quickly stopped giving a shit about him or maybe even started to like Zax after he shared these Yuni Luna clips.
Back in the days I spent way too much time on few boards (mostly /a/ and /v/) and I know how stupid and overly negative the opinions can be on anonymous imageboards without proper tardwrangling. /vt/ probably attracts a special breed of lonelyfags searching for parasocial relations and things spin out of control quickly. It's okay to do some shitflinging and compete in the rrat race from time to time, but spending too much time there won't do you any good.

tl;dr vtubers tend to generate really retarded emotions which people should keep to themselves, but anonymous imageboards only make it easier to spin these to really dumb levels.

Wii U, the most garbage console in the planet

Not sure what your experiences were, but I had a blast: Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario Maker, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD editions, Xenoblade Chronicles X and BotW well justified the purchase.

Some numberfagging: at the beginning of this week Unison reached 3M views and I'm very happy about this, as I love this song. Give it a watch, if you haven't already:

Also Marine's twitter has more than 1M followers, half of which have probably started following her after the latest costume and the artwork she started retweeting ("don't like horniposting? then man the fuck up" was her comment, I may have misremembered it though).

Oh and tomorrow two new friends of Pikamee and Tomoshika will be revealed, should be interesting.

Hotdogs Aplenty

kiwifarms.net
@Azchan I really have to make /sneed bigger and more prominent huh. With the story of how her manager have to step in and force Watame to rest for three days, management have to officially told Marine to not stream when her voice die, and how Ayame are allowed to almost not streaming for a month because "she can't get internet working in new place" while some girl go out of their way to use office or stream in car if the have to, it's more than clear that Cover doesn't forced them to stream or anything. At most, they asked some member to participate in their official programs like Hologra and the monthly NND thing - and I'm half bet that most of the time the talent have to push themselves in to get the spot (Suisei complained how she wasn't in HoloGra for months, a few week later she got two for example). The only thing I know Cover strongly asked them to do is the voice/dance training thing, and the main event of Holo Fes.
Moona did the car stream since her quarantine hotel's internet wouldn't allow streaming. During the week she had college, japanese tutoring, as well as singing, dancing and piano lessons. No wonder some of them get burnout.

Kiara is doing her new Tales of stream now with Bandai Namco Entertainment America as a mod. They hooked her up with a chess set and key chains. Sounds like all of Hololive employees are going to get a Hootle hoodie, which actually doesn't look too bad for video game clothing.

Rrat is Moona will be moving in with Anya this fall.

Just pretending

kiwifarms.net
I believe it

It probably real and not just some rrat. Ouga is late 30s while FBK is late 20s early 30s so a perfect age to hook up.
I've never been bothered in the slightest by (or particularly interested in) the real appearances of hologirls, but for some unexplainable reason I felt a sting of regret that Oga is not a muscular, tanned monster of a man irl. If I weren't simping for Calli's boobs for the past year I'd have thought I might be gay. Must be his voice.

Surprised that no one has posted this yet. Tenma had to cancel her scheduled karaoke stream because her neighbors tried to poison her dog again.
WTF, why is someone trying to kill her dog?

I believe at this point we can agree that most problems with Cover as a company stem from them grabbing the idiot ball at the worst possible moments, not them being tyrants who work their employees to death. Workaholism of particular members is easier to take care of, talents like Watame just need some wrangling from the management AND a lot of suport from fans so they can stop worrying losing a fanbase after a week without streaming.